03-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #45
Mahlzeit
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by benimin View Post
Funny there are so many that think exactly the same. That's what I would've done if I could've special ordered it, but waited too late so I happily jumped on one without heated seats.

But I would've paid NOT to have nav. I'm planning to keep the car forever and it was just something to go wrong that I wouldn't use anyway. I also like the look much better without it. DO wish I could stream pandora over bluetooth without it, though, but I'll settle for the usb.
It was funny - when I spec'ed my car - the GM came out to make sure I knew what I was doing and that I was serious and likely to close the deal. He was concerned about getting 'stuck' with a 'stripper' on the lot should my deal fall through. Don't think he would have had much of an issue.

On streaming - you can stream pandora from your iPhone over usb. At least I can over my iphone w/out Nav. Is this something you're after?

1. Open Pandora (or any other internet radio streaming app) on your phone, start playing something
2. Turn on your stereo (just in case)
3. Plug in your iphone via usb cable.
4. Switch stereo to 'iPod'
5. Listen to Pandora over your car stereo

On mine, sometimes the song playing is displayed,.. and if I remember correctly I can skip to next song via steering wheel controls.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #46
kskpsu
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M; E90 M3 ZCP; M4 GTS

Garage List
'11 BMW 1M  [9.83]
I have a loaded 1M and actually wish I had manual seats, that's about it. With all due respect, the weight argument is one I never get. Hope those of you so concerned by the "big" weight difference are carrying no more than 2 gallons of gas at any given time and are resisting that bacon cheeseburger! Kidding of course...sort of.
      03-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #47
Em/1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M VO

Garage List
2019 VW GTI SE  [0.00]
2020 Tesla M3P  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahlzeit View Post
No nav
Yes usb/ipod/bluetooth/upgraded stereo
Yes manual seats
Yes heated seats

Perfect would do it again. For all the reasons already listed.
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #48
///BYU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton91 View Post
Mine does. I ordered it without any packages and when I went to pick it up at The Welt it turned out to have Nav, nothing else (no PDC, no comfort access, thankfully). Did some research and apparently this was due to some ordering system glitch for a couple days in Sept of 2011, all 1Ms ordered during those couple days got Nav for free.

I did not want it, but now that I have it I actually like it, as others mainly due to the ability to better display music.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao View Post
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...ght=navigation

Incidentally there were a handful of people who ended up with Nav as a standalone option, for free, essentially.
That was me, too. Didn't want it but got it anyway. Found out at the Welt.

I have mixed feelings about Nav and iDrive. I have to say I'm not overly impressed. My smartphone renders in-car navigation redundant and - at least where I live - when I set both for a destination, my smartphone nearly always chooses the better route. Definitely pros and cons, but I'd say I'd rather NOT have Nav / iDrive. (Maybe this is just a "grass is greener" thing; I wonder how I would feel if tomorrow morning I got in my car and it didn't have Nav / iDrive. Would I actually, truly miss it?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeifW View Post
I have zero options on my 1M. Literally, I don't have one single option.

Leif W.
Awesome.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 12:27 AM   #49
Stratus650
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 1er M Coupe

I recently feel that I made a wrong decision adding the screen itself, and the Navi ofcourse.

A navi was something special 5 or 10 years ago, however during the last two years everything changed and any good smart phone will give you the best navigation options you can dream of, and with up-to-date info as well. just try the new google maps and it just does the job perfectly.

i spent nearly 2000 euros for the screen/Navi option i believe, but after having the car for over a year i just barely use it.

in terms of media, the only thing that is usefull is the bluetooth connection for phone and music, everything else is just there, i never use the CD even.

next car will be no navi for sure, i hope i can have a car without a screen too although BMW seems to have the screen as standard on moooost of the line up, especially with high end engine options. I wish the new M4 can be ordered without hehe

'12 Candy Grey Metallic 1M
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 02:29 AM   #50
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahlzeit View Post
No nav
Yes usb/ipod/bluetooth/upgraded stereo
Yes manual seats
Yes heated seats

Perfect would do it again. For all the reasons already listed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post

+1 on all counts for me.
+1, why not take advise from the man with the biggest recorded 1M smile
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 05:51 AM   #51
m3kerry
SCCA B Street
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 M

Weight savings, no options.

I already have a daily car with all options.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #52
Redadair
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M #293 - 88 E30 M3

My car is fully loaded. At the time I ordered my car I felt like BMW was forcing options by bundling everything together. But now that I have my car I am very happy I got it fully loaded. The new version of iDrive works great.

I Love electric seats. I can never get the seat in just the right position with Manual seats. Seems like my settings are always between clicks on manual seats. Heated seats are Great in the winter. Leather seats are very cold to sit on for the first 1/2 hour without heat.
August 8th ED (#293 of 739 or 740)
88 E30 M3 100% OEM 73K Miles
02 E39 M5 Le Mans Blue 50K Miles
06 E46 M3 ZCP 58K Miles
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #53
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redadair View Post
My car is fully loaded. At the time I ordered my car I felt like BMW was forcing options by bundling everything together. But now that I have my car I am very happy I got it fully loaded. The new version of iDrive works great.

I Love electric seats. I can never get the seat in just the right position with Manual seats. Seems like my settings are always between clicks on manual seats.
+1
The 1M's iDrive is a vast improvement from the previous generations. The seat height regardless of manual or power is too high so big deal as we're all losers in this unless you're vertically challenged.

So the count is up to 17ish with no nav.

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #54
-Z-
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black Pyrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo;
The seat height regardless of manual or power is too high so big deal as we're all losers in this unless you're vertically challenged.
manual seats here, I am close to 2m tall and still have plenty of space for a helmet and then some.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #55
lcrain
Captain
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, TT-RS

Bought my second hand in February 2012, so I didn't have the luxury of deciding what options were on the car. I just wanted one. Didn't care what options it had at all.

Found one with all options except HK and Sat radio and the real kicker was the price was reasonable considering the market at the time not to mention the guy lived 2 miles away. I really wish the PO had checked all the boxes. I have used the nav 4-5 times maybe, but all the other idrive features are awesome. The 1M is my only car and all the features mine has make it great to live with on a daily basis. Bluetooth is essential for a daily, and I love being able to stream music.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #56
zayzay
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw 1M

how many more 1m's without navs?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #57
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by zayzay View Post
No nav here. Only options I have are VO and heated seats.....the way God intended! I did try to get the hk sound and ipod/usb at the last minute but I was too late. Oh well, I can still play music from my phone using the aux input.

I would hate to have seats any higher than the manual seats I have now as they need lowered as is. I couldnt imagine another inch or two higher.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #58
zayzay
First Lieutenant
Rep

i see two 1m's on autotrader without navs selling for 65K each
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 09:46 PM   #59
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
manual seats here, I am close to 2m tall and still have plenty of space for a helmet and then some.
The issue is seat height and not head clearance.

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 08:39 AM   #60
UberDawg
Rep
Drives: Jeep

Quote:
i see two 1m's on autotrader without navs selling for 65K each
Selling at 65k? OR being offered at 65k... BIG difference.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 08:42 AM   #61
zayzay
First Lieutenant
Rep

i mean being offered at 65k
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #62
Klepper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M

I have a fully loaded 1M. I bought it second hand, so had no choice on the options. But I specifically looked for one with Nav/iDrive. Mine is a daily driver, and I use the Nav everyday. I like the traffic info, etc on the Nav screen.

My wife has a 135is without Nav.

I find all the features (music control, bluetooth, etc) much easier to use on the idrive screen than without.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #63
UberDawg
Rep
Drives: Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klepper1 View Post
I have a fully loaded 1M. I bought it second hand, so had no choice on the options. But I specifically looked for one with Nav/iDrive. Mine is a daily driver, and I use the Nav everyday. I like the traffic info, etc on the Nav screen.

I find all the features (music control, bluetooth, etc) much easier to use on the idrive screen than without.
Do you mind sharing how much you paid for your second hand 1M? Would really help with the true value question. KennyPowers said he got a screaming deal and I found where he paid less than 50 for his. Just curious.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 09:11 AM   #64
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberDawg View Post
Do you mind sharing how much you paid for your second hand 1M? Would really help with the true value question. KennyPowers said he got a screaming deal and I found where he paid less than 50 for his. Just curious.
Thanks!
Feel free to ask - just wondering why you keep insisting ?

Are you in the market for buying a 1M and want to convince some potential 1M seller to lower his/her price, or looking for some sort of reassurance of what you perceive as a reality-check ? This ain't no game show quiz and there are no prizes to win.
      03-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #65
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Quote:
Do you know how to setup a poll? If not, you should learn. That would be a much better way to gather this info.

There are several threads started by you with one liner questions that actually come off more like demands.

Not trying to be confrontational here but there are certain niceties and courtesies you should observe when inviting people to spend time to contribute information to a thread.

I'll shut up now.
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 09:33 AM   #66
-Z-
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black Pyrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klepper1 View Post
Mine is a daily driver, and I use the Nav everyday. I like the traffic info, etc on the Nav screen.

Now, if you use NAV mainly for traffic, I believe there is a better alternative.... Waze app, accurate ATA up to a minute, better than any NAV by a mile and just pure awesome...
Appreciate 0