BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
takrdown
Other car was a submarine
Rep
Drives: i4M50 (waiting), 2013 R56 JCW

2F71 Code "Ebox Fan Input Signal"

I just started my car and noticed that there was a warning light that was immediately cleared by my PROcede. I hooked up the laptop and the code given was 2F71.

I did a little research and it says that it’s the “Ebox Fan Input Signal.” I looked a little further into it and what was happening to the E90 guys, 4 or 5 years ago when the tunes started hitting the street, was they were routing their USB cables through the top hole in the ECU box through the firewall and it was frying the fan in there used for cooling the ECU box.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...highlight=ebox

When I routed my USB cable I used the hole that was decided to be the correct hole to not damage the fan (the bottom hole).

My question is, has anyone else seen this and could it be not a question of which hole to not route a cable through, but the fact that we just introduced a rats nets of cabling into the box the fan isn’t able to regulate temperature anymore?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by takrdown; 07-19-2012 at 01:28 PM.. Reason: html mess
Appreciate 0