BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #23
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiggs View Post
I'm in Peabody, so I went right to BMW of Peabody...know of any certified BMW places to go to to install this? So you're saying purchase the parts from Dan @United and find a local certified shop and save about $500 in labor?
BMW Peabody is my dealer too.

It certainly doesn't hurt to get a quote. Two recommended places near you would be Turner Motorsport (www.turnermotorsport.com), Schneller Performance (www.schnellerperformance.com). There is also HMS Motorsport (www.hmsmotorsport.com), but I'm not sure if they still do that kind of service.

You also need to make sure they will install customer supplied parts, many shops (both independents and dealers) will not install customer supplied parts. They might be able to get you a good price on the suspension (i.e. better than dealer, but perhaps not as cheap as United for example).

I'm curious what you find out, please update this thread either way.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 08:45 AM   #24
Squiggs
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Think I'm doing 35 front, 20 rear for tint, thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 08:52 AM   #25
Squiggs
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Well too late, the guy already started, ha
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 09:33 AM   #26
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiggs View Post
I don't know :/ ...I know what you mean now, oh well. It was in the shop all day between painting and drying, I definitely should have told him to paint the hats though, damnit....

tint goes on Tuesday, and I've messaged Dan@United about suspension...anyone know of any places to get it installed as (8 HRS) LABOR $1130.95 seems ridiculous according to other 1addicts and could be done in the half the time?
You do know it takes maybe 15 minutes to paint a rotor hat... more time drying and wiping clean beforehand.. If you have a floor jack and a 17mm socket you can do it a saturday morning... its not hard at all... If you werent so far away i would offer to help you. although my GF might have an issue with the both of us in the garage "under the car " sort to speak..LOL
      05-17-2011, 10:00 AM   #27
Squiggs
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard View Post
You do know it takes maybe 15 minutes to paint a rotor hat... more time drying and wiping clean beforehand.. If you have a floor jack and a 17mm socket you can do it a saturday morning... its not hard at all... If you werent so far away i would offer to help you. although my GF might have an issue with the both of us in the garage "under the car " sort to speak..LOL

haha, thanks for the offer. As much of an enthusiast as I am, I'm the type who should not be allowed near any tools so hopefully someone will help me out
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 10:02 AM   #28
Squiggs
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

just got the tint done,

35% front, 20% rear and back window....not sure what I think. I'll see how it is for a few weeks and if I don't like it I may go 20% all the way around. No sense posting bubbling pictures yet as it should smooth out in a few days:

Last edited by Squiggs; 05-17-2011 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: missed a word
Appreciate 0