BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-15-2010, 10:47 PM   #1
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

>>> HP Autowerks <<< iCarbon N55 Performance Downpipe GB by HP Autowerks

Finally, the first downpipe for the BMW N55 motor!

iCarbon Design came to the scene in the carbon fiber world stronger than anyone, showing that through technology, experience, and knowledge, a new standard in fitment, finish, and construction could be set. Always doing things for form AND function, all iCarbon pieces are performance-minded in their construction. With such a performance-oriented state of mind, it was only natural that iCarbon take the next step in performance, and introduce their Performance line-up, iCarbon Performance.

The first product in this line-up is the BMW N55 DownPipes! With many other projects due for release shortly, including the BEST carbon fiber intake on the market, iCarbon Performance will now set a new standard in the Performance market.

iCarbon uses only the highest quality raw materials, the highest quality construction methods, and conducts months upon months of R&D before a product release. The N55 DownPipe is no different.

iCarbon had access to an N55 motor and DownPipe months before the car was even released, and started R&D nearly 8 months ago. As an authorized iCarbon Dealer, we are proud to be the chosen dealer to release their full production units, and introduce them with a discounted offer!

Product Description:

As we all now, the N54 motor greatly benefited from a properly designed downpipe, and the N55 motor is no different! Turbocharged motors are heavily affected by backpressure in the exhaust system, so we have set out to eliminate unnecessary back-pressure in order to spool the turbocharger quicker and more efficiently. This creates additional RWHP that can be felt and seen, but more importantly allows the engine to rev faster, achieve peak boost faster, increase throttle response, all while keeping or reducing the amount of effort the engine must output, something not many other modifications to the N55 motor (if any) can achieve!

iCarbon used their extensive knowledge, R&D budget, and team of performance consultants (including several race team managers from teams such as Mercedes GmBH) in order to create a DownPipe that fit, performed and had the necessary durability to be the best engineered DownPipe on the market, hands down.

The iCarbon Performance N55 Downpipe was engineered to create as little restriction as possible by eliminating unnecessary crush bends, and utilizing straight piping to create a smooth exhaust flow that eliminates exhaust gas turbulence.

Power You Can Feel

Let's talk power. The iCarbon Performance DownPipes added a whopping 18 RWHP and 19 WTQ on a 100% STOCK BMW 135i and that's on a barely broken in car, and on a low reading dyno. With a full exhaust and a DownPipe tune, the gains will be set the iCP downpipe above the rest! Only months of Research and Development coupled with hundreds of hours of testing can provide a product of such quality. With power gains of this nature, you will not only be able to hear the difference in the way the turbocharger spools, and see the difference on the dyno, but you will be able to FEEL the difference in several ways.

The iCarbon Performance N55 Down-Pipe is also constructed using TIG welding, which requires a lot more knowledge, is slower, and is less cost-efficient than MIG welding, but provides superior welds in terms of quality, strength, and sleekness.

Fitment Like No Other

As anyone that is familiar with iCarbon knows, we are 150% obsessed with making things fit right, and fit right the first time with little effort on the installer's part. We absolutely GUARANTEE that this will be the best fitting downpipe you have ever installed. Over 2 months of the R&D process were dedicated just to making sure this piece installs as if it were made by BMW them-selves. We have added support braces, 02 bungs, and OEM flanges to ensure the downpipe bolts on to all of the factory locations perfectly, while housing the OEM monitoring systems seamlessly. Only the best T-304 Stainless Steel is used for construction of the downpipe AND the flanges. A lot of companies use chromed flanges that are made from a much lower grade aluminum in order to save costs. The iCP downpipe dowever, is hand-polished, full T-304 SS, INCLUDING all of the flanges.

*** The iCarbon Performance DownPipe replaces the OEM downpipe, thus eliminating the catalytic converter (on the Un-Catted version. This means that our downpipe modification is not legal for highway use, but made for off-road driving events, competitions, or race-tracks). Optional CAN tool for Auto-delete annoying exhaust modification codes (non-emissions use only) eliminating the need for a DPFIX!

Features

* Eliminates the overly bulky and highly restrictive OEM N55 downpipe
* 16-25 RWHP and 17-26 WTQ gains on an all stock car over the entire PowerBand!
* Gets rid of power-robbing crush bends and small tube diameter
* TIG-Welded for superior quality and strength of all welds
* Features an ultra-smooth pipe designed for reduced exhaust-turbulence
* PPD (Proprietary Piping Diameter) step sections create max power output, while allowing seamless connectivity with OEM and aftermarket exhausts
* Increased throttle response and quicker turbo spool w/ less required engine effort
* 150% GUARANTEED fitment due to extensive R&D on the N55 Motor for over 8 months
* Piping diameter goes from 101mm (4") to 76mm (3") and the DP has 1.5mm walls.
* FULL T-304 Stainless Steel construction for oxidation resistance, added durability, and heat resistance
* Fits both 135 and 335i with the N55 egine
* Mounts to all factory locations, and has adequate fittings for 02 sensors and OEM monitoring units
* Installs in under 3 hours for DIYers and under 2 hours for professional installation.

Introductory Offer Ordering Details

Availability:

50 sets are being produced initially.

Pricing:

Retail Price: $759 + shipping

1addicts.com pricing: $629 w/ FREE Fedex GROUND SHIPPING within continent USA(exclude Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Virgin Islands). International orders please inquire on shipping costs.

Optional Black Ceramic Coating: $95

How to Pay:

All orders must be paid in full.

Simply visit:

http://www.hpashop.com/product.sc?pr...categoryId=143

Lead Time:

The production of the first 50 units is almost completed. The Introductory Special will run for 30 days from today, and once the Special is over, the downpipes will be shipped to everyone via Fed Ex ground within 1-2 weeks. The additional 1-2 weeks is just to organize all of the orders and ship everything out.

Picture

Last edited by HP Autosport; 02-03-2011 at 06:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 01:33 AM   #2
fly135
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i Coupe N55

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.50]
1. Can you please confirm if the pipe fits Australian Right Hand Drive 135's and still use all OEM monitoring units and O2 sensors.
2. Is there any performance advantages with the black ceramic coating option, such as heat dissipation, or is it just an appearance thing.
3. Why do the torque and hp lines (with the iCarbon downpipe) on the dyno chart stop at 6000 rpm's and not at redline. The curve should continue for another 800 odd rpm, shouldnt it? Also, there are no figures for under 3000 rpm.
4. Could you please PM me a shipping quote to my door step in Sydney Australia.

Thanks mate.

Last edited by fly135; 11-16-2010 at 01:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 01:46 AM   #3
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
1. Can you please confirm if the pipe fits Australian Right Hand Drive 135's and still use all OEM monitoring units and O2 sensors.
2. Is there any performance advantages with the black ceramic coating option, such as heat dissipation, or is it just an appearance thing.
3. Could you please PM me a shipping quote to my door step in Sydney Australia.

Thanks mate.
Right now only the US version LHD 135i has been verified.

Please utilize the search function on ceramic or high performance header coatings on the web.

Quote:
3. Why do the torque and hp lines (with the iCarbon downpipe) on the dyno chart stop at 6000 rpm's and not at redline. The curve should continue for another 800 odd rpm, shouldnt it? Also, there are no figures for under 3000 rpm.
Thanks mate.
That happens to be where the dyno operator chose starts and finishes the run. In the upper rpm ranges there could have been safety reasons as mph starts to climb as well.

Last edited by HP Autosport; 11-16-2010 at 10:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 08:54 AM   #4
iCARBON DESIGN
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 10:34 AM   #5
iCARBON DESIGN
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
4. Could you please PM me a shipping quote to my door step in Sydney Australia.

Thanks mate.
Fly,

1. We have not confirmed RHD, but it's as simple as verifying the OEM part number to see if they are the same. Could you PM us the last 7 of your VIN please? We will check.

2. Ceramic coatings add heat dissipation. Black ceramic coatings withstand the most amount of heat, so we chose to offer that color exclusively. They offer 2,000 degrees of heat resistance, as opposed to 1,400 from silver and other colors. For ever 10 degrees in the reduction of temperature, you gain 1hp. So, it starts to add up.

3. I'll let Harold answer that one, as this particular dyno was performed on their car. It was probably just that the dyno operator stopped logging a little early.

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 11:16 AM   #6
11N55
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 2011 135i 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
I'm am definitely interested! I will have to gather some money up
      11-16-2010, 12:05 PM   #7
stevend218
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: In the left lane

wow this looks really nice! great work! can any of you N54 guys with Turbo back exhaust chime in.... does having full exhaust and a DP make the car TOO loud?
      11-16-2010, 12:06 PM   #8
onefastman
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 2011 e92m dct

Guys, you are going to dominate the market.

Watch out AR
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 12:14 PM   #9
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
cool
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #10
Kcyrusm
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is DCT

Is there a catted dp available for purchase yet? If so, are dyno numbers available for it as well?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 06:38 PM   #11
fly135
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCARBON DESIGN View Post
Fly,

1. We have not confirmed RHD, but it's as simple as verifying the OEM part number to see if they are the same. Could you PM us the last 7 of your VIN please? We will check.

2. Ceramic coatings add heat dissipation. Black ceramic coatings withstand the most amount of heat, so we chose to offer that color exclusively. They offer 2,000 degrees of heat resistance, as opposed to 1,400 from silver and other colors. For ever 10 degrees in the reduction of temperature, you gain 1hp. So, it starts to add up.

3. I'll let Harold answer that one, as this particular dyno was performed on their car. It was probably just that the dyno operator stopped logging a little early.

Thanks for the replies guys. I have sent you a pm...hopefully the RHD is the same as the LHD.

I think i'll definitely get the black ceramic coated dp for the extra $95 bucks.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 09:05 AM   #12
babyboss
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 640d Msport

Garage List
2012 640d  [0.00]
really cool ..
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 08:14 PM   #13
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Thanks mate.

This DP will fit RHD 135i with production date up to 10/2010
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 08:00 PM   #14
dpangione
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

sound clip available?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2010, 07:53 PM   #15
onefastman
Major General
Rep

Sound clip please
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2010, 12:26 AM   #16
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerEngineer View Post
Non sence, parts are tested to top of the power band.. To stop the testing at 6k is CHEAP....

Also, theres an average of about 5-7 whp... A brief spike to 15-17 whp should not be published....It's not realistic....

The unit looks nice but reducing the piping from 4" to 3"? Should be the other way around unless this showed more gains... Nice otherwise... I'd love one...
You are more than welcome to conduct your independent testing to 7K rpm or above. To keep the testing consistent all subsequent dyno runs will stop where the previous runs did. The dyno operator didn't see the need to go far above 6K rpm, I wasn't going to argue otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2010, 10:59 AM   #17
onefastman
Major General
Rep

Please get a tuned n54 tested!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 02:26 AM   #18
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastman View Post
Please get a tuned n54 tested!
What are we testing here exactly?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 06:29 AM   #19
onefastman
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
What are we testing here exactly?
Sorry, that was my auto correct. Please get a tuned n55 tested with the Icarbon DP

I would love to see the before and after with a tune.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 02:53 PM   #20
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

For those already placed your order, your iCarbon Performance DP's will starting shipping today, an email with tracking number will be sent to you via email.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 03:56 PM   #21
fly135
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.50]
How much louder is the stock exhaust system when the catless dp is added. I know this is a difficult and subjective question to answer, im just worried that it will make the car too loud as i like the way it sounds at present. Also, is there any drone.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 05:35 PM   #22
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
How much louder is the stock exhaust system when the catless dp is added. I know this is a difficult and subjective question to answer, im just worried that it will make the car too loud as i like the way it sounds at present. Also, is there any drone.
With the stock exhaust there is a slight increase in sound levels, but not much. There is no drone while cruising with the stock system on the car. The DP and stock exhaust combo sounds very close to the BMW performance exhaust heard on the 335is's.
Appreciate 0