BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

>>>Bimmer Retrofit: OEM Style Rear-View Camera Retrofit<<<

New generation of REAR VIEW CAMERA retrofits are now available from Bimmer Retrofit (for E7x E8x, E9x series)!

The new Rear View Camera is a significant step forward from the previous model. The new model offers the following advantages:

- OEM integration with the iDrive. Camera turns on when you put the shifter in reverse and displays the image on the iDrive screen;
- Easy installation;
- Is installed into the door handle (back) and provides a much better view;
- Image quality is excellent;
- The camera is reliable
- No wires to cut - Simply plug and play;
- Guaranteed to work better than any competitors devices;
- No lags and black screens (as on some European made analogs);
- Can be used with any E7x, E8x and E9x CIC systems
- Designed and Developed in Canada by professionals in Electronic and Programming fields!

***New Features***

For the first time, this retrofit features a Programmable PNP Activation Module! Read below why it is better than any competitor's product!

1. This module can be easily re-programmed by the customer to suit his needs. Re-programming does not require any special technical skills and is done via a software update through the USB port.

2. This is an ideal product if you are planning to re-configure your vehicle in the future (such add a rear-view camera) or if you are planning to replace the vehicle altogether (E-series or F-series).

3. You will no longer need to replace your PNP activation module if you change your vehicle or change configuration of your vehicle. This means there is no waiting time, there is no money loss and there is no hassle at all! Just remove the PNP cable, get a software update from Bimmer Retrofit and perform a software update!

4. This is an ideal product for dealers, since they can purchase PNP modules in advance, without knowing the exact vehicle/configuration of the vehicle.

5. Features will become available to customers via a firmware update, when new features come out!

Re-programmable PNP Activation Module can be used to:

1. Activate navigation, voice control and video in motion in both E and F-series (CIC and NBT). By default, it is included in ALL of our CIC retrofit kits for E-series;

2. Can be used to activate rear-view camera (with/without PDC);

3. More features to come:
a. Error-code clean-up;
b. Self-programmable rear-view camera. This means, no coding will be required after installation!

For more information and pricing:
Rear-view camera
Re-programmable PNP Activation Module
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 12:25 AM   #2
tranism
Care Bears vs Klingons
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe

Forgive my ignorance. I already have iDrive with Navigation. I don't have a backup camera though. Would I need the PNP module? Can any shop easily install it or do you have specific places you recommend? Can you PM me? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 12:47 PM   #3
Greg FEightytwo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW GT4 M4 and X5M

Is it possible for you to send me the install instructions so I can see how this works..

I would be happy to purchase one but I want to make sure I can install it.

Thanks,

Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwretrofit View Post

New generation of REAR VIEW CAMERA retrofits are now available from Bimmer Retrofit (for E7x E8x, E9x series)!

The new Rear View Camera is a significant step forward from the previous model. The new model offers the following advantages:

- OEM integration with the iDrive. Camera turns on when you put the shifter in reverse and displays the image on the iDrive screen;
- Easy installation;
- Is installed into the door handle (back) and provides a much better view;
- Image quality is excellent;
- The camera is reliable
- No wires to cut - Simply plug and play;
- Guaranteed to work better than any competitors devices;
- No lags and black screens (as on some European made analogs);
- Can be used with any E7x, E8x and E9x CIC systems
- Designed and Developed in Canada by professionals in Electronic and Programming fields!

***New Features***

For the first time, this retrofit features a Programmable PNP Activation Module! Read below why it is better than any competitor's product!

1. This module can be easily re-programmed by the customer to suit his needs. Re-programming does not require any special technical skills and is done via a software update through the USB port.

2. This is an ideal product if you are planning to re-configure your vehicle in the future (such add a rear-view camera) or if you are planning to replace the vehicle altogether (E-series or F-series).

3. You will no longer need to replace your PNP activation module if you change your vehicle or change configuration of your vehicle. This means there is no waiting time, there is no money loss and there is no hassle at all! Just remove the PNP cable, get a software update from Bimmer Retrofit and perform a software update!

4. This is an ideal product for dealers, since they can purchase PNP modules in advance, without knowing the exact vehicle/configuration of the vehicle.

5. Features will become available to customers via a firmware update, when new features come out!

Re-programmable PNP Activation Module can be used to:

1. Activate navigation, voice control and video in motion in both E and F-series (CIC and NBT). By default, it is included in ALL of our CIC retrofit kits for E-series;

2. Can be used to activate rear-view camera (with/without PDC);

3. More features to come:
a. Error-code clean-up;
b. Self-programmable rear-view camera. This means, no coding will be required after installation!

For more information and pricing:
Rear-view camera
Re-programmable PNP Activation Module
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 10:31 PM   #4
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs135is View Post
Is it possible for you to send me the install instructions so I can see how this works..

I would be happy to purchase one but I want to make sure I can install it.

Thanks,

Greg
Hi Greg,

Sure, we can email you installation instructions. Please send us an email to info@bimmerretrofit.com with your vehicle's VIN.

Thanks,

Kate.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 10:48 PM   #5
cpt97m3
AutoXer
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Has anyone installed one of these yet? Looks very interesting.
      05-30-2014, 11:13 PM   #6
Greg FEightytwo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW GT4 M4 and X5M

Email didn't work. Can you pm me the info? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 01:44 PM   #7
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs135is View Post
Email didn't work. Can you pm me the info? Thanks
I will send you PM with information, but I don't think I can attached a file in PM. You can try contacting us through the website: http://bimmerretrofit.com/store/inde...mation/contact
Appreciate 0