BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-13-2011, 10:05 AM   #89
achilles3000
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135 n54 twin turbo

It equals I don't care you people are hard headed ..gl with meth .lol
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 03:05 PM   #90
1NNO_35
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles3000 View Post
Curious to see when you blow your motor with meth what your going to do then?? Maybe I'll thank god for that..
Pls. Go away maan. You'll be in my nightmares ffs with all that flaming and cursing dude. Damn you posessed 1.
Black painted OEM Rims with 225/255 Wheels - aFe Filter - aR Catted Downpipes - Performance Axleback Exhaust - Performance Breaks - Performance Steering Wheel - Performance Shifter - Carbon Fiber Front Grills and Back Diffuser + Back Spoiler ->
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 03:16 PM   #91
Freon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Two points:

1) Have any of the companies manufacturer or selling meth kits done specific testing to ensure even flow? I would accept multi-channel EGT logs as good evidence. Have various nozzle positions been tested? Using what method and criteria?

2) Meth injection, specifically single nozzle, is a fairly widespread in aftermarket tuning world. I don't think you can just transpose results for one car to another. Arguing over anecdotal evidence for any position is not terribly productive.

I'm not satisfied anyone has presented their arguments with much evidential foundation here. "Does this meth kit provide even flow to all cylinders?" should not be approached as a yes or no question. You should ask, "What is meth flow to each cylinder across various operating conditions?" Perhaps another interesting question is, "How close do they need to be?"

I don't think we know on our motors.
      08-13-2011, 03:19 PM   #92
achilles3000
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NNO_35 View Post
Pls. Go away maan. You'll be in my nightmares ffs with all that flaming and cursing dude. Damn you posessed 1.
I'll be sure to pray for you tonight!!lol..all I wrote in this thread was meth is not the safest and could cause damage ..of course people are going to argue when there running meth..do more research there's more blown engines from meth then anything ..I'm done with this thread..

Last edited by achilles3000; 08-13-2011 at 05:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #93
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles3000 View Post
It equals I don't care you people are hard headed ..gl with meth .lol
You are being hard headed if you think what I wrote was FOR or even AGAINST meth. It is a simple statistic to let all of us know what our chances are.....BMW probably used that equation with the HPFP situation. Once the % went above a certain number=recall. BTW I DON'T HAVE METH. Have I thought about it? YES. Will I do it? On the fence about it and since I have time due to my location I will make a decision in the middling future (other mods quite possibly will come first...power at this current point is NOT a problem of mine...never overheated, never went into limp mode).

Last edited by adrean8j; 08-13-2011 at 03:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 03:32 PM   #94
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freon View Post
Two points:

1) Have any of the companies manufacturer or selling meth kits done specific testing to ensure even flow? I would accept multi-channel EGT logs as good evidence. Have various nozzle positions been tested? Using what method and criteria?

2) Meth injection, specifically single nozzle, is a fairly widespread in aftermarket tuning world. I don't think you can just transpose results for one car to another. Arguing over anecdotal evidence for any position is not terribly productive.

I'm not satisfied anyone has presented their arguments with much evidential foundation here. "Does this meth kit provide even flow to all cylinders?" should not be approached as a yes or no question. You should ask, "What is meth flow to each cylinder across various operating conditions?" Perhaps another interesting question is, "How close do they need to be?"

I don't think we know on our motors.
I currently run a PROcede tune....IF I ever go meth it will be from Vishnu Tuning...take a look at this page and tell me if that answers some of your above questions:

http://www.procedetuning.com/BMW/n54.../methanol.html
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 06:00 PM   #95
achilles3000
Banned
Rep

That's fail safe can fail at anytime ,mine did and i saw my Afrs at 12.8 and let off immediately..if I would have held it like that the motor would have blown..I had bad experience with it,from failing pumps,and even a failsafe .It's to much of a risk for 30 whp or so to put lore stress on the motor..The best is to run pump or straight race gas ..My friend even had the aquiamist which is the best kit ,and he still had issues down the road..Do some research and you see howany failures happened while using meth..Only way it would be safe if you ran the car very rich, with low * and only as a octane booster .
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 06:33 PM   #96
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

I haven't read all the posts in this thread but thought I would share my experience.

Installed meth a few weeks ago. As far as I know installation is spot-on but I can't seem to get stable full meth flow. I've tried troubleshooting so many ideas and eliminated what could be the probable causes but had no success. It really concerns me that my meth flow is so erratic when it should be flat and stable. The lack of meth flow affects my timing so I've discontinued using meth altogether, at least until I can figure out what I am doing wrong. From the logs it appears I have some sort of voltage drop as I experience full meth flow momentarily then it drops quickly.

I don't want to risk doing any kind of damage so I'm running map 2 daily. Everyone has tried to help me but unfortunately nothing has worked for me yet. I knew meth was high maintenance before I made the decision to install it but had no idea it would be like this.

For those that are interested, here's the full story http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13361
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 04:31 PM   #97
BadOneThreeFive
Lieutenant
Guam
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

The fail safe failed? should of bought a fail safe for the fail safe then..

And why the F*** do you need a fail safe anyway? The only failsafe you need is your damn brain. Get your a$$ out of your seat warming seats and check your level in your tank. If you running low on meth set your car to stock map (cause you dont need meth on stock FYI lol) go to the store buy some meth or whatever mix you use, put your tune back on and call it a day. ggeezzz!
- JB4 G5 Map 3 75 Meth Additive with RACE DME flash
- MS-109 and 100% meth injection (Single CM12 nozzle)
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 05:22 PM   #98
Freon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
I currently run a PROcede tune....IF I ever go meth it will be from Vishnu Tuning...take a look at this page and tell me if that answers some of your above questions:

http://www.procedetuning.com/BMW/n54.../methanol.html
I don't think that directly addresses my concerns, but I do like the Aquamist systems. PWM is definitely superior to progressive flow systems as long as you have some way to control it intelligently. Aquamist has a system that piggybacks your injector pulse, I think the 2D system, and has a MAP switch to turn on at a set boost pressure and also failsafes (ex. you could wire it to disable the boost control solenoids if flow stopped). That's not bad for not having an extra computer. It gives you meth proportional to fuel at least, so it doesn't spray too much at mid rpm or too little at high rpm and also gives good atomization at all times. If I were to do it, that would be what I would do as well.