BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-27-2009, 02:02 AM   #1
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Anyone with BMW Performance Exhaust in BRISBANE?

I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these bad boys but I would like to hear it in person first. I've seen the youtube videos but it's never quite the same. Anyone in Brisbane have the BMW Performance Exhaust and would they be ken to meet up?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 04:44 AM   #2
wmj73
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp, 440i GC

Garage List
2008   [0.00]
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
not on a 135i but on a 125i
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 07:43 PM   #3
dawogfather
Private
Rep
Drives: 2002 BMW 325i

yeah i'd be keen to hear it too...
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2009, 03:23 AM   #4
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmj73 View Post
not on a 135i but on a 125i
Sweet, how does it sound? Are you happy with it?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2009, 05:53 AM   #5
wmj73
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2008   [0.00]
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
hell yes I am happy with it esp since guys at BMW dont have any problem regarding warranty issues. I got the guys at brisbane bmw to rev a stock 135i next to mine when it had the stock exhaust on. They sound pretty much the same. I would suspect the p.e on the 135i would be similar to the 125i except I think the 135i has some more components to it. Are you heading to the Border Ranges run BMW86?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2009, 04:19 AM   #6
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
I heard wmj73's exhaust today, flying past me on the highway and it sounded SWEEEET!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2009, 04:32 AM   #7
JMH1983
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Black 135i AT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Sweet, how does it sound? Are you happy with it?
It is worth it. No question about it. Retains warrenty, sounds awesome when flooring it and idles with a nice subtle sound that you can hear and tell there is untapped power.

You wont regret it.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2009, 05:00 AM   #8
Totti
Troll
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

How much did you guys pay?
Use the stick like u would a manual. If that doesn't work, put it in D mode and put both hands at 10 and 2. If that doesn't work, just sit on your right hand.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2009, 05:06 AM   #9
wmj73
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2008   [0.00]
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
I heard wmj73's exhaust today, flying past me on the highway and it sounded SWEEEET!
damn right sounds sweet,will have to get one of you guys to drive my car for me next time so that I can hear it,none of my mates can drive a manual
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2009, 05:27 AM   #10
JMH1983
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totti View Post
How much did you guys pay?
$1040USD delivered when the exchange was at 0.93c

I did also have the cf mirror caps and stripes shipped at same time so, in my mind i saved at least $100 on the freight for those items.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2009, 05:29 AM   #11
Totti
Troll
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

From where mate? That is a steal
Use the stick like u would a manual. If that doesn't work, put it in D mode and put both hands at 10 and 2. If that doesn't work, just sit on your right hand.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2009, 05:29 AM   #12
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Are you heading to the Border Ranges run BMW86?
I didn't know about it but unfortunately I will have to give it a miss anyway due to my bald tyres. I've been waiting for Alufelgen to send me my wheels so I can get some new rubber. I'll definitely be keen to join you guys as soon as I get everything sorted out
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2009, 05:31 AM   #13
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

When I called up Brisbane BMW they said the
exhaust did not meet Aus standards and was therefor not roadworthy and voided warranty. Who did you'd get to do the install?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2009, 05:34 AM   #14
wmj73
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2008   [0.00]
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
I didn't know about it but unfortunately I will have to give it a miss anyway due to my bald tyres. I've been waiting for Alufelgen to send me my wheels so I can get some new rubber. I'll definitely be keen to join you guys as soon as I get everything sorted out
No worries BMW86, we are trying to organise a date in Dec. You should join us for that one. Regarding the exhaust, when I showed the guys at Brisbane BMW they said it was fine because it was a genuine BMW product and the ADR only rejected it because they didn't think there would be enough demand for the product therefore didn't bother investing in researching it.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2009, 07:31 AM   #15
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
When I called up Brisbane BMW they said the
exhaust did not meet Aus standards and was therefor not roadworthy and voided warranty. Who did you'd get to do the install?
Mate, it has to be roadworthy for a corporation to import and offer installations.

Having said that, the fact that the BMW Aus website doesn't have the exhaust listed in their performance showroom...

Now you have got me wondering....
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2009, 02:21 PM   #16
JMH1983
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Let me put it this way, if it meats TUV standards how can it not meet australian standards ?

I dont really give a shit if it is or isnt roadworthy according to australian standards, and with regards to warranty they can't make it void any other component of the car since it is a BMW manufactured item, designed for use on any 1 series that is delivered anywhere in the world. The worst they can do is say that the exhaust itself isnt warranted in Australia, but since we don't pay $2500 for it out here and bought it elsewhere we'd have to refer warranty back to the country of origin anyway.

BMW Australia takes over 6 weeks to get in a pair interior tweeter mirror housings, and i think they really dont push the performance gear since it is "expensive" and they know their prices are shit. Even the sales reps wont push the gear since they get nothing from selling it.

In short if you are really worried about warranty get BMW to install it and then it can not void your warranty at all. Or install it yourself and simply lose the warranty from where you cut the pipes.

And i got the exhaust from United BMW Totti. Speak to Dan Miles

If i was to take a guess, it probably failed "Australian standards" because it is too "loud". Which is the entire point of the exhaust imho. No cats are removed, and only the flapper, and middle resonator are removed. Quality of the exhaust is identical, actually better imho. BMW are so full of shit sometimes lol, a performance part voiding warranty ? LOL
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2009, 05:09 PM   #17
wmj73
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2008   [0.00]
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMH1983 View Post
Let me put it this way, if it meats TUV standards how can it not meet australian standards ?

I dont really give a shit if it is or isnt roadworthy according to australian standards, and with regards to warranty they can't make it void any other component of the car since it is a BMW manufactured item, designed for use on any 1 series that is delivered anywhere in the world. The worst they can do is say that the exhaust itself isnt warranted in Australia, but since we don't pay $2500 for it out here and bought it elsewhere we'd have to refer warranty back to the country of origin anyway.

BMW Australia takes over 6 weeks to get in a pair interior tweeter mirror housings, and i think they really dont push the performance gear since it is "expensive" and they know their prices are shit. Even the sales reps wont push the gear since they get nothing from selling it.

In short if you are really worried about warranty get BMW to install it and then it can not void your warranty at all. Or install it yourself and simply lose the warranty from where you cut the pipes.

And i got the exhaust from United BMW Totti. Speak to Dan Miles

If i was to take a guess, it probably failed "Australian standards" because it is too "loud". Which is the entire point of the exhaust imho. No cats are removed, and only the flapper, and middle resonator are removed. Quality of the exhaust is identical, actually better imho. BMW are so full of shit sometimes lol, a performance part voiding warranty ? LOL

AMEN to that, mechanics (those guys are great btw) at brisbane bmw told me not to get it installed at BMW as they would charge an arm and a leg
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2009, 05:24 PM   #18
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

The dealership told me the Performance exhaust did not meet Australian standards due to it being too loud which is a real shame. My main concern for any modificaiton to my car is insurance. I don't really care for the police, our cars don't draw too much attention and they would not be able to tell anyway. I'm worried if I ever have an accident insurance will find a way to deny the claim due to an illegal part or my car not being roadworthy. Also, I would like to keep the warranty intact for as long as possible before going all out on my car but I can't resist at the moment. I'm just waiting for my HPFP to go but it's still going strong

Quote:
AMEN to that, mechanics (those guys are great btw) at brisbane bmw told me not to get it installed at BMW as they would charge an arm and a leg
Where did you get yours installed? I would still be interested in finding out how much BMW charges though. Can you recommend any good workshops?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2009, 05:58 PM   #19
wmj73
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2008   [0.00]
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
Ive told my insurance company about my exhaust, told them I imported it, gave them the price it costed me and my premium went up a little. Regarding the warranty, I have had a good relationship with my sa at Brisbane BMW and told him about my injen intake on my car. He asked the Service Manager and the mechanics what their policy on modifications were. They said they would not warrant a claim only if they found filter particles in the engine, as per his instructions left the intake on when the car went for its inspection (2 weeks ago), nothing was said by anyone when I went to pick it up . Prior to this I asked about the exhaust, they were fine with this to. Im not sure why they are telling you it will void your warranty as I have been fine with them, theyre Service Manager seemed to be a good guy. Could be because the 135i is more of a powerful machine therefore could be MORE susceptible to something going wrong (say that very lightly and not that the 125i isn't susceptible to problems) but I doubt a BMW designed exhaust would cause any problems at all.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2009, 06:07 PM   #20
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

I think it has a lot to do with the young staff working there. Every time I've called up to ask a question I end up speaking to someone new who has no idea and it sounds like he usually makes up an answer. It's a bit annoying but I tend to go for the consistent answer I get from most dealerships and from these forums. Is there anybody that you can recommend from Fortitude Valley or Darra?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #21
JMH1983
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I think it has a lot to do with the young staff working there. Every time I've called up to ask a question I end up speaking to someone new who has no idea and it sounds like he usually makes up an answer. It's a bit annoying but I tend to go for the consistent answer I get from most dealerships and from these forums. Is there anybody that you can recommend from Fortitude Valley or Darra?
People who know nothing always seem to quote others and make sweeping comments. I am confident that if you really desired you could order the performance exhaust from BMW Australia, that they would happily sell and fit it to your car. I beleive the items on the website are what they stock, and the exhaust isnt stocked because it would be a hard item to market if you knew it didnt meet the Australian standards. I am sure they would happily order it in for anyone who expressedly wanted one, and they would fit it and not make any claims that it would affect the warrenty. just if your car might be defected.
Appreciate 0