BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #23
maupineda
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4MC

The other mod I was very fortunate to do is the BMW PE, I saw another 130i up for sale and it had the muffler! I called the owner and offered to buy the exhaust and give mine in exchange, he said he still had the original from his and although he first rejected my offer in the first place he realized that no one would pay the premium he wanted for the car with the exhaust and I got it in the end. The car also has a resonator delete as I first tried to create my 'poor man' version of the PE by doing the delete and doing the gulf tee mod. I actually was afraid the car would be too loud but it turned out to be just perfect, the PE + resonator delete made a very good combo with a super nice exhaust note. This is how it looks on my hatch

Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #24
maupineda
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4MC

Finally I took her today to the dealer for a polish and wax job. They had recently sprayed the roof and bonnet and they had lost a bit of shine so they offered me a discount on the complete job and I think they did decently, nothing spectacular, just fine.

This is how she looks today after picking her up from the dealer.

Oh, and they did my engine as well

And finally but not least I changed my stereo as I had a failing display. I got a unit from an 08-09 model with chromed dials, it actually sound a bit better and has the new gong which doesn't play as my car has an old audio module but still looks nicer that the all black unit. in the pic you can also see my "M" gloves which are super nice and will help me to not wear my Performance steering wheel.

Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #25
McKenna Performance
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Really nice write up! Now I see what you are referring to when you sent me the PM this morning about how you are working on a project

Keep up the good work!
Appreciate 0