BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-05-2015, 12:20 PM   #1
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep
Drives: like a damn lunatic

South Shore BMW (Formerly Galley Norwell)

Does anybody know if South Shore is mod-friendly at all?

For that matter, can anyone point to a mod-friendly dealership in Boston or parts south? Herb Chambers? Gallery Norwood?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 03:12 PM   #2
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavpilot2k View Post

For that matter, can anyone point to a mod-friendly dealership in Boston or parts south? Herb Chambers? Gallery Norwood?
BMW Sudbury. Ask for Chris Hatch. Tell him Matt M with the 135 sent you.

What work are you getting done? Please understand he is only as mod friendly as he possibly can be. If you come in with downpipes and meth for new turbos, I don't think he can help you. Even if he wants. If you come in with midpipes its pretty fair to say that isn't the cause of the problem etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 04:19 PM   #3
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep
Drives: like a damn lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
BMW Sudbury. Ask for Chris Hatch. Tell him Matt M with the 135 sent you.

What work are you getting done? Please understand he is only as mod friendly as he possibly can be. If you come in with downpipes and meth for new turbos, I don't think he can help you. Even if he wants. If you come in with midpipes its pretty fair to say that isn't the cause of the problem etc.
Hmm. Sudbury is a hike for me (I'm in South Shore), but I'll keep it in mind.

I'm only really thinking intake and a tune at the moment (I already have BMW PE). I haven't even settled on what tune, but given the dearth of N55 options, it will probably be a JB4. I'm just wondering if I really need to take it off every time I go in. Will I catch flak for an intake, etc?

Honestly, there is no reason that any part of the breathing system (intake, IC, exhaust) should be able to contribute to reduced component lifespan. All they do is allow the car to breathe better. However, we all know that you don't run all those mods without a tune, and THAT could be pointed to as a contributing factor.

All that said, I don't see myself ever going meth. Even DP would likely be a high flow catted, if I bothered at all.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 07:21 PM   #4
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Def not for intake. Probably not for JB4 if you remember to turn it off lol.

If you run a downpipe go catless or nothing at all. Catted is pointless. Still fails emissions, and less power than catless, for more cost.

I'm still stock DP and I'll probably keep that and run meth + all the other bolt ons.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 05:10 AM   #5
NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP BSM 2012 E82 1

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavpilot2k View Post

they are, but my SA has gone to mini...no idea why.

im using bmw norWOOD now, i have a good friend who is an SA.

message me i can connect u

RIP - E82 135i - 7/7/2021
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 05:12 AM   #6
NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP BSM 2012 E82 1

Garage List
just to elaborate, i was at the dealership today and had to pull a program file from my ecu from an aftermarket tuner and they let me use their shop computer to do it with no hesitation, i have all my mods on the car whenever i go in and there is never an issue with service, they are aware of everything as well...usually gets compliments in fact haha

RIP - E82 135i - 7/7/2021
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 02:44 PM   #7
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twhill19 View Post
just to elaborate, i was at the dealership today and had to pull a program file from my ecu from an aftermarket tuner and they let me use their shop computer to do it with no hesitation, i have all my mods on the car whenever i go in and there is never an issue with service, they are aware of everything as well...usually gets compliments in fact haha
Sounds awesome lol.
Appreciate 0