BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-14-2009, 05:47 PM   #23
backtoreality15
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by premedsoccergod View Post
i was standing next to my car and some douche tried to egg my car and missed and hit the car in front of me. didn't see who it was. i might call cops. this could mess up our paint. we need to go to norte management.
Did you see who it was or his license plate? Probably the same jackass that did that to my car. Maybe its possible that he did it right when I opened my hood and hid well.
      05-14-2009, 05:51 PM   #24
premedsoccergod
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135

norte = off campus UCI housing. btw i'm going to norte leasing office to file a complaint. we should go together
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 05:58 PM   #25
shawshank772
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i and 16 M3

That is a lot of splatter for it to just roll and break.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 06:42 PM   #26
backtoreality15
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i

So I went to BMW Crevier and they washed/cleaned off what they could for free. They were able to remove most of the visible yolk from the engine and surrounding area. They said they wouldn't be able to do a thorough clean without taking various components of the engine bay apart, which would cost quite a lot. (Their main concern was screwing up the sensors) I don't have the money for that right now so I'm going to run with this for a while and see how it goes. The smell is definitely still there and is bugging me. Hopefully it'll burn out out and go away.
      05-14-2009, 07:31 PM   #27
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
norte = off campus UCI housing. btw i'm going to norte leasing office to file a complaint. we should go together
good do that! I park at the social science parking lot sometimes
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 08:39 PM   #28
ad78
Yr1OfD1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F34 M Sport

maybe you are drunk and you think you can cook an egg with your hot engine??
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 03:42 PM   #29
cagekicker
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 crimson red 135i

if someone would go that far to do that, you really need to keep an eye on your car. who knows what's next.
      05-15-2009, 07:25 PM   #30
Jimmydean
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 128i coupe, bare bones

wait, are you in college and you have a bmw? college is expensive. how are you pulling that off?

if some kid i went to college with was driving a new bmw, i don't know of anyone who'd egg his car, but everyone would look at him kinda strange!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 07:38 PM   #31
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydean View Post
wait, are you in college and you have a bmw? college is expensive. how are you pulling that off?

if some kid i went to college with was driving a new bmw, i don't know of anyone who'd egg his car, but everyone would look at him kinda strange!

Why is that so hard to understand? People come from many different financial backgrounds. I've met a bunch of people personally that got full ride scholarships and their parents got them a spankin sweet car for it. Whats expensive to one family isnt necessarily to another. My roommate in college drove a Hummer H1. People quickly tried to label him incorrectly. They didnt know he was the most generous people one could meet.
      05-15-2009, 07:50 PM   #32
Jimmydean
Private First Class
Rep

BForbes, i have no problem with parents paying for their kid's college. I paid for mine, well, you guys all did cause of government scholarships . But if i have kids i plan on paying for their schooling.

i have no problem with kids getting cars from their parents in college, as most people don't. i've seen kids get new honda civics from their parents and though, wow, lucky guy.

but a NEW luxury car looks just plain goofy, man. youre in college, eating pizza and sleeping on futons, and you roll around in a luxury car? just looks totally out of place. you dont make any money! or not enough to afford that. the only guys i ever saw do that in college were straight douchebags, so i stand by my opinion.

anyway, sorry about the egg man. (they are the eggmen....I am the walrus!!!)
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 08:04 PM   #33
premedsoccergod
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135

Quote:
BForbes, i have no problem with parents paying for their kid's college. I paid for mine, well, you guys all did cause of government scholarships . But if i have kids i plan on paying for their schooling.

i have no problem with kids getting cars from their parents in college, as most people don't. i've seen kids get new honda civics from their parents and though, wow, lucky guy.

but a NEW luxury car looks just plain goofy, man. youre in college, eating pizza and sleeping on futons, and you roll around in a luxury car? just looks totally out of place. you dont make any money! or not enough to afford that. the only guys i ever saw do that in college were straight douchebags, so i stand by my opinion.

anyway, sorry about the egg man. (they are the eggmen....I am the walrus!!!)
lets not judge people because they're in college. Just because i'm in college doesn't mean that i can't afford a luxury car. My parents don't pay for my car and i'm proud of that. I work to make money to spend on what i want. People can look at me all they want think whatever they want. But in the end i'm the one who is working on my free time while those kids party and get drunk. Sometimes you have to sacrifice some things in order to get what you really want and for me BMW is my dream car and i have it at 20. And please don't be ignorant, not all college kids eat pizza and sleep on "futons"
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 08:19 PM   #34
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:

I agree, it still does look a bit out of place. It isnt exactly the norm. You live, you learn, right?
      05-15-2009, 08:33 PM   #35
Jimmydean
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
But in the end i'm the one who is working on my free time while those kids party and get drunk.
There's something to be said for partying and getting drunk. When else will you be able to do this? You only get to do college once. Spend it learning, having fun with the ladies, and partying as much as you can. Trust me, you'll have the rest of your life to work, but only 4 years to be a college student. then it's over. forever.
but hey, whatever floats your boat man.

Quote:
And please don't be ignorant, not all college kids eat pizza and sleep on "futons"
True, I slept on a 6 inch foam matress for 4 years and ate .... pretty much anything i could. even eggs.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 08:50 PM   #36
Jimmydean
Private First Class
Rep

premedsoccergod,
I've read your other posts and am amazed a kid who is apparently as smart as you claim could put yourself in so much debt! Med school costs a fortune! This is coming from someone who works at a financial advisory office.

just to keep us on subject. EGG.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2009, 01:01 AM   #37
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
There's something to be said for partying and getting drunk. When else will you be able to do this? You only get to do college once. Spend it learning, having fun with the ladies, and partying as much as you can. Trust me, you'll have the rest of your life to work, but only 4 years to be a college student. then it's over. forever.
but hey, whatever floats your boat man.
True true but it's even harder to justify a bmw once you have a job and a mortgage payment, or kid's college fund. If you can swing it in college, eat ramen noodle, order dollar menu and work your ass off for a car can be as satisfying as partying. Different stroke for different folk.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2009, 04:54 PM   #38
JHZR2
Major
Rep
Drives: 91 E30, 11 135i cv

Quote:
premedsoccergod,
I've read your other posts and am amazed a kid who is apparently as smart as you claim could put yourself in so much debt! Med school costs a fortune! This is coming from someone who works at a financial advisory office.

just to keep us on subject. EGG.
I doubt he will be able to keep the car when that comes. BMW select with a baloon? Who is going to give a car loan at the highest potential point of debt - a year or two into med school, before any paying rotations or anything else.

The warning was made. All we can do is hope for the best.
Appreciate 0