BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-05-2015, 02:33 AM   #1
Juan35i
SSG
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2021 BMW M2 Como  [10.00]
Xenon Light won't turn on!

Driving to work las night under heavy rain my car hit a kind of big water spot. Short after I got a error light on the dash and now the driver's side headlight won't turn on. Any ideas on how do I find out if the bulb is burned or the ballast (where is the ballast located on the headlight?)
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 05:01 PM   #2
SchismX
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: '10 135i

The first thing you could try is to swap your bulbs to see if the problem follows to the passenger light. If not it could be your ballast/control unit, which is located on the bottom of your headlight assembly. You will need to remove the headlight to have access to it. It would also be a good idea at that time to open it up and dry it out the best that you can.

Good luck
      05-06-2015, 02:39 AM   #3
Juan35i
SSG
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2021 BMW M2 Como  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismX View Post
The first thing you could try is to swap your bulbs to see if the problem follows to the passenger light. If not it could be your ballast/control unit, which is located on the bottom of your headlight assembly. You will need to remove the headlight to have access to it. It would also be a good idea at that time to open it up and dry it out the best that you can.

Good luck
I did swaped bulbs and they were fine. Then I removed the bumpers and headlights and dried out the ballast with a blower and plug it back in. Voila working perfectly fine..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 01:39 PM   #4
mwantedc
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

New guy with 135i headlight will not turn on

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and at the same time experiencing an issue with my xenon bulb I recently replaced in passenger side front.

my RHS bulb went out, so I replaced it still the same thing., D1S bulb

Wondering if there any fuses that follow to that might be causing the issue

any help, will be greatly and I mean greatly appreciated
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 02:03 PM   #5
JL135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwantedc
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and at the same time experiencing an issue with my xenon bulb I recently replaced in passenger side front.

my RHS bulb went out, so I replaced it still the same thing., D1S bulb

Wondering if there any fuses that follow to that might be causing the issue

any help, will be greatly and I mean greatly appreciated
There are a couple things that could happen regarding the headlight bulb d1s not working.

Blown fuse (check your fuse box)
Light control module is faulty (you have to open up the bottom to see)
The silver wire that connects your light control module to your light bulb is corroded (open up headlight to see)

Those are the only things I can remember off the top of my head. If you can tell me when your headlight went out and what conditions it was in I can help you more.
Appreciate 0