BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-06-2011, 03:07 AM   #45
johnsonsabroad
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 220d F22 Coupe

Wife test drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blauweisser View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonsabroad View Post
Unfortunately life got in the way last weekend so no dealing, try again next weekend - have to move quickly as the wife is becoming less interested as time goes on. If I let go too much longer the approval will be reversed I fear
Good luck in your negotiations. I suspect that when I bought my car in 2009, BMW dealers were playing hardball because there were so many small business buyers (like myself) taking advantage of the tax break that was on offer then. There might be a bit more flexibility now.

Organize a test drive for your wife. My wife loves driving ours.
Had arranged a test drive for my wife last weekend but things came up and we couldn't make it - definitely need to keep her interest in this. She is too focused on a kitchen renovation !!! Her priorities are clearly not aligned with mine (of course my priorities are correct).
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 04:30 AM   #46
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Had arranged a test drive for my wife last weekend but things came up and we couldn't make it - definitely need to keep her interest in this. She is too focused on a kitchen renovation !!! Her priorities are clearly not aligned with mine (of course my priorities are correct).
Trying really hard to resist a 'she belongs in the kitchen' joke but in this case it wouldn't even be funny since she actually is willing to spend all her time in there for renovations.

Get her outta there and show her some sunshine with the roof down!

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 07:31 AM   #47
johnsonsabroad
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 220d F22 Coupe

Kitchen time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
Quote:
Trying really hard to resist a 'she belongs in the kitchen' joke but in this case it wouldn't even be funny since she actually is willing to spend all her time in there for renovations.

Get her outta there and show her some sunshine with the roof down!
I don't think she will be spending time in there other than to supervise the builders. Need to distract her with a test drive, get her mind off money absorbing renovations....
Appreciate 0