BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-30-2015, 04:50 PM   #45
n54door
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09' 135i 6AT FBO - MHD Tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuNkY6913 View Post
Of course I haven't tried flash only, you dont have to guess, i've said i have had the JB4 for years, from stock power levels to now. You are pissy. The sad thing is you havent made any good argument to why you started on me in the first place. The "OP" said he wondered what all was included with the JB4 and backend flash. so i responded. It seems you were just looking for somewhere to throw in anti-JB4 comments. the interface is perfectly fine in terms of user friendly. as long as you read the directions on how to use it.

myself and another member were discussing what was included with MHD vs others and you go full bore PMS on me and tell me to stop trying to sell the JB4. What the hell is that? all i did was discuss something others already were and i even said i would try this alternative. your not making any sense. the conversations were coming to an end anyways and you think you have to put your non-informative statement in there.

i'm starting to think you dont even read the entire posts. i listed many options the jb4 has that some people might find very valuable. You've wasted more of everyones time with your "I hate JB4 because I cant figure it out " ramblings than you should have. My car performs just as well as a flashed car. This is just getting stupid. i'm out.
I don't read all the posts - guilty. BUT YOU DO! And wasted much time doing so.
You wasted a lot of time reading though my old posts as far back as 2013 in an attempt to find an edge in this discussion. Wasteful indeed!

Hate JB4? No.. that's a strong word. Dislike, really. And, I figured it out just fine- and have used a few JB products starting with the JB3. But that does not negate the fact that a boost controller (JB) is very inefficient (see driveability issues), risky (see transmission issues), a waste if you have a flash tune on a car w/o METH or upgraded turbos (obvious, and if not, you have much to read) and it's overpriced compared to MHD. See, I spend my time acquiring useful knowledge, and do not spend time trying to figure out someone's agenda or character.

You on the other hand, in between trying to sift through peoples old posts in order to grind an axe for no good reason, seem to have missed the boat entirely. As you mentioned earlier in this thread 'forgive me if I'm asking dumb questions. what's the difference between this and jb4+back-end flashes?'

You should spend more time reading about the tuning options, rather than assume JB haters don't know how to use one.

And, on the last bold statement, how can you make that claim when you've never had a flash tune on your car? You're right about one thing; this conversation is pretty stupid. /discussion

Last edited by n54door; 06-30-2015 at 05:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 05:11 PM   #46
EM58NDS 135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
Because the tuners that wrote the tune for the MHD standalone flashes are the same ones who wrote some of the higher power COBB protunes. So you could buy a COBB and have the mediocre included tunes, or you can use COBB and pay again for a protune. Or just cut out the expensive middle man and get the tune from them for way cheaper and with more options. The last 2 updates I saw for standalone MHD flashes were wastegate rattle fix, and cold start noise reduction. Just constant development vs COBB who stopped supporting the platform.

Wedge makes the stock MHD tunes. Wedge tunes on the COBB are better than the cobb tunes. This is from a jb4 user so you know I am playing no favorites since I don't want to limit myself to a flash only option and lose features, but if I had to I'd prefer the wedge tune via MHD hands down.

Sounds all well and good. But i don't have any devices on Android platform anyway, so it's all pissing in the wind to me lol.

I have a Windows phone and an iPad4. So unless they can support it via either of those platforms, i'll be sticking to my COBB.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 07:19 PM   #47
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM58NDS 135i View Post
Sounds all well and good. But i don't have any devices on Android platform anyway, so it's all pissing in the wind to me lol.

I have a Windows phone and an iPad4. So unless they can support it via either of those platforms, i'll be sticking to my COBB.
Someone on the other forums found a $40 device that worked good with MHD.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 07:27 PM   #48
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-BMW View Post
I went from Stage 2+ on COBB to a custom MHD Wedge Stage 2 tune and car pulls way harder and smoother shifting with better MPG somehow (by 0.8mpg). I'll have dyno numbers on Friday, stay 'tuned'
Did you get Wedge to do a custom bin for you? Or is this another MHD OTS standalone bin.
      07-01-2015, 08:53 AM   #49
all4bspinnin
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 135i LeMans Blue/Terracota

Thats pretty awesome you can flash from your phone!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 09:15 AM   #50
RX-BMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i sport package 6AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Did you get Wedge to do a custom bin for you? Or is this another MHD OTS standalone bin.
Custom bin. Fastest response time ever too. Only thing I didnt realize is how quick the $ adds up once you install the MHD app and then have to pay for each module (I already had COBB but MHD gives Wedge access to more tables).

Very happy with outcome, now I can hear the turbo more and exhaust is louder.
Will check in on Friday or Saturday with Dyno #'s. Debating on flashing to stage 0 for 'baseline'
      07-01-2015, 09:56 AM   #51
dbchun
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-BMW View Post
Custom bin. Fastest response time ever too. Only thing I didnt realize is how quick the $ adds up once you install the MHD app and then have to pay for each module (I already had COBB but MHD gives Wedge access to more tables).

Very happy with outcome, now I can hear the turbo more and exhaust is louder.
Will check in on Friday or Saturday with Dyno #'s. Debating on flashing to stage 0 for 'baseline'
exciting to hear! i've been having a great time with the car, addicted to the power, it takes all the willpower in the world for me not to hit the "checkout" button for a shiny new FMIC
      07-01-2015, 01:59 PM   #52
Venom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbchun View Post
exciting to hear! i've been having a great time with the car, addicted to the power, it takes all the willpower in the world for me not to hit the "checkout" button for a shiny new FMIC
Get the FMIC, you won't regret it
Appreciate 1
      07-01-2015, 02:43 PM   #53
dbchun
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Get the FMIC, you won't regret it
been eyeing the VRSF 7" and getting it anodized black locally... love the idea of a sleeper
      07-01-2015, 04:22 PM   #54
n54door
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09' 135i 6AT FBO - MHD Tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbchun View Post
been eyeing the VRSF 7" and getting it anodized black locally... love the idea of a sleeper
I've heard the 7" has a noticeable amount of turbo lag. I'm looking at either AMS or Mishimoto (easier to install - uses factory piping)
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 06:35 PM   #55
dbchun
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by n54door View Post
I've heard the 7" has a noticeable amount of turbo lag. I'm looking at either AMS or Mishimoto (easier to install - uses factory piping)
hmm interesting, will have to read up more. putting together a CX / big tom FMIC kit is pretty hard to beat for the price, another option i've considered.

Last edited by dbchun; 07-01-2015 at 07:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 03:32 PM   #56
RX-BMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i sport package 6AT

Dyno on Stage 2 custom map was 360hp (no torque reading on this run). Dynojet - 424 AWD dyno. Mods in signature. 93 octane Shell gas. 6AT

Last edited by RX-BMW; 07-06-2015 at 03:32 PM.. Reason: 93oct shell gas
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2015, 06:36 AM   #57
livnpaintball2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
Whats the matter man, spend all your money on COBB or something? This forum rarely gets into actual tuning technogy discussion and is more about squeaky arm rest bs. I think the OP wrote up a nice little guide on how to make more power, easily, than all the other flash tunes. And for a 1/3 of the price.
LMAO, so true. I rarely come on here anymore because of the lack of actual tuning info and a bunch of redundant squeaky arm rest!
      08-01-2015, 05:09 PM   #58
litebulb
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 E88 135i M-Sport/6MT/SGM

Garage List
If anyone is interested I have been looking for a alternative to the BS cable and just received this one from ebay that works.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-BMW-INPA...item3a9ff3a8c4
| Dinan S2=>MHD | e46 M3 trans mounts | Dinan CF CAI | ER CP | HKS SSQV4 BOV | RB PCV Valve | VRSF DP | N55 MP | BMW PE | OC | VRSF 7" FMIC | UUC Evo3 SSK | EBC GD Sport Rotors | EBC Redstuff | TRW F+R | | Whiteline KDT918 | H&R Front Sway | BMWP 313 | MPSS 225/255 | Scopione CF Rear Diffuser | iCarbon CF Rear Spoiler | P3 v2.1 Gauge | Interior LED Retrofit |
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2015, 10:45 PM   #59
Boosted_N54
Major
Rep
Drives: 135i N54

i am FBO and i just installed turbo inlets and stage2 turbos i am stage 2+ on COBB

and I'm about to get a protune how is this MHD flasher any better then a protune I'm about to get. does MHD flasher have the flash for my set up?
MHD Custom Flash (E85) [Jake@MOTIV] / Vargas Stage 2 Turbos / Fuel it LPFP Stage 3+/ Moitiv Port Injection/ MMP Turbo Inlets/ 3.5 Tmap Sensor / ER FMIC /ER Chargepipe HKS-BOV / AA Downpipes / Agency Power Race mid pipes / Berk Technology race exhaust / BMW SSK / BC Forged Whees Toyo R888 tires / KW Club sport coilovers+KW Camber Plates / Spec stg2+Spec SMSFW/ APR Wing GTC200
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 08:00 AM   #60
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates.Tii View Post
i am FBO and i just installed turbo inlets and stage2 turbos i am stage 2+ on COBB

and I'm about to get a protune how is this MHD flasher any better then a protune I'm about to get. does MHD flasher have the flash for my set up?
For one MHD is constantly updating the application and bringing new developments to the N54 scene. Meanwhile cobb has abandoned the platform. I'd 100% sell that cobb, buy MHD, get a better platform and make some money in the process.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 07:15 PM   #61
arvinz
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M VO

Garage List
Can someone suggest a good working cable. I don't want to go buying a hundred different ones to see which ones work. A source that preferably ships to Canada.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 09:09 PM   #62
Venom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvinz View Post
Can someone suggest a good working cable. I don't want to go buying a hundred different ones to see which ones work. A source that preferably ships to Canada.
The bimmer software cable one
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 09:10 PM   #63
arvinz
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M VO

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
The bimmer software cable one
Done, thank you.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 09:11 PM   #64
Venom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.50]

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvinz View Post
Done, thank you.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 03:19 PM   #65
ctsellersjr
Rep
Drives: silver dominatrix

i rape jb4 and cobb tune cars back when i was on stage 1fmic tune. not knocking other tuning but for the price it saves for other mods hint(fmic,dp,sparkplugs, exhaust,wheels, etc etc.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2015, 06:15 PM   #66
dbchun
First Lieutenant
Rep

it's been 2 months now and extremely pleased with my decision! car still drives smoothly and have taken it on several long road trips without any reliability issues. really enjoying those highway on ramps

still on stage 1 map, looking forward to some cooler months soon to add parts and possibly experiment with e85