BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-26-2013, 03:12 PM   #1
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Information Displays

I drive a 2009 128i with manual transmission and my wife has a 2013 128i with automatic (both convertibles). At the bottom of my speedometer/tachometer display is a couple lines of digital information the bottom line is the odometer and trip odometer. Directly above that is a line that switches with the button on the end of the turn signal stalk between average mpg, instantaneous mpg, miles remaining on the tank, average speed and due to my coding digital speedometer. My wife would like to have the digital speedometer option but her ability to display this stuff is impacted by the transmission position indication on the second line up digital information. It seems like it drops out the odometer to display any of the other information.

Is there some way to NOT have the transmission indication in this display area? I looked at my manual and it doesn't seem to address it. You can see the transmission lever position without anything in the gauge cluster by just looking at the gear handle.

Jim