BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
and 1
winter mode
Italy
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 88 M3

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 135i  [7.50]
FS: Schrotch Profi II-6 Harnesses

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
SOLD!!

Selling a set of blue Schroth Profi II-6 harnesses out of an 88 M3. Clip-in mounts (for a car with a roll cage and race seats), pull-up-to-tighten configuration (changeable to pull-down), mounting hardware unused and included.

http://www.hmsmotorsport.com/store/s...profi/profi-ii

I spoke with HMS. They said the Profi II-6 isn’t fitment specific. They’ll fit most cars with a cage. There’s a lot of extra slack and space in the belts.

They were installed in the car by the previous owner when the car was converted to J-Stock (BMW club racing class) in March 2005 (I have those receipts if it matters). The car was driven in 2 races, then shortly after that, the owner’s wife became pregnant, so the car stopped being driven regularly and was taken over by the owner’s father. From 2006-October 2011, the car was taken to about 5 track days and about 5 autocrosses. That’s all the use the belts ever got. I replaced the belts when I bought the car in October 2011. They really are in outstanding, like-new shape. I tried to get a closeup picture of the lap and substraps, where wear tends to be the highest. Even at those points, the webbing’s in fantastic shape.

Of course there’s a catch:

Harnesses are only FIA certified for 4 years of use – a dated patch/label is sewn into the belts – after which they must be replaced, regardless of wear.

Technically, car clubs will not let you pass tech inspection if your belts are expired, but I have yet to have my belt dates checked at a track day, and I’ve done about 15. More importantly, this spec does not apply for autocross. I spoke with HMS to verify this.

These belts would be great for an autocrosser, a show car builder, someone just doing it for the look, or someone with an in with their club’s tech inspectors!

Willing to take more pictures if needed.

Retail $350 each
Asking $350 for both

Last edited by and 1; 01-27-2012 at 04:07 PM..
Appreciate 0