BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-22-2018, 10:11 PM   #1
onenutt
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i Sedona Red 6MT

trunk light assembly removal

Anybody here removed the trunk light assembly? I want to replace the bulb with an LED and the instructions say to just pry out the light assembly on the right hand side. It pops out a little bit quite easily but then stops and I am afraid of breaking it. Also, the picture in the instructions show 2 little notches on the right side where it gets pried out but on mine the notches are on the left hand side. Any words of wisdom?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 10:38 PM   #2
onenutt
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i Sedona Red 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by onenutt View Post
Anybody here removed the trunk light assembly? I want to replace the bulb with an LED and the instructions say to just pry out the light assembly on the right hand side. It pops out a little bit quite easily but then stops and I am afraid of breaking it. Also, the picture in the instructions show 2 little notches on the right side where it gets pried out but on mine the notches are on the left hand side. Any words of wisdom?
Figured it out. Mine was in backwards so I had to pry on the left hand side where the notches where and it came out quite easily.
Appreciate 0