10-21-2011, 12:55 AM   #133
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

A few photos...

The museum
Sorry.. no inside photos... It's about $12-15 and well worth it for car or motorcycle fans. Car fans will need about 2 hrs... Bike fans will need about 4..

21450s VO machine...

This 2002 I believe is owned by Scott and Fran Hughes..

The M5 " drift taxi" was down due to a bad clutch..

one can sit in air conditioned comfort and check out what's happening out on track..

The paddock is tiered..... note gas pumps on second level.. you can pay at the pump!

Also note the wet skid pad that is to the left of the Sunoco station.. This was used for the car Control clinic..

Each gate has a unique theme...

There are plenty of unique items around the complex...

And of course there is the track...... Here is a view of Turn one from the outside of turn 2...

Turns 3 and 4 (going up the hill)

turn 4... Note the bugs in the foreground...

and the large spider....

For those that are not aware.. the track was built on a landfill.... The owner.. George Barber, was told that it would not be a good place to build a track and that there would be bugs everywhere! Note dragonfly at left below...

The tunnel turn...

There is a club race school.....

And of course autocross....

Here is the first/third place machine.... owned by Ken Orgeron who finished first overall... yours truly finished third overall as a co-driver..

Texans represent!!!

Ken and I bracketed perennial Ofest winner Russ Wiles, who finished second overall..

At the end of the weeklong event there is a banquet....

Dinner is served....

Billy Auberlen signed autographs....

The spaten biergarten served free beer!

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 10-21-2011 at 01:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 06:53 AM   #134
Dan Parker
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Golf R

Excellent tour of BMP Mark! It really is a cool atmosphere compared to other tracks. On Thursday I was going over video and data with a fellow racer when a very friendly lady strolls up to sweep up bits of rubber that were laying around his car. My friend offered to clean it up (he was going to anyway) and she wouldn't allow it. In years past I've seen employees run up with speedy dry when someone spilled diff fluid. They really want to maintain the place like no other! It's more like a country club than a race track. I heard the BMW/PBOC club race in October has been cancelled in the future so it may be a while before I get back to race on this surface so it was great to leave the weekend the way I did.
I took this picture while leaving the track Sunday night. Not a BMW but one of my favorite sounding cars.
Attached Images

10-21-2011, 10:08 PM   #135
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

I've seen that car at Mid Ohio in the past... As I understand, it's been modded.. and the owner seems to often have problems with it going into limp home mode.... I saw it parked on the side of the track during one of the instructor sessions, so it looks like he still hasn't got it sorted.. It is a cool car though! Gotta say that I am happy with the 1Ms performance on track.... Some brake pads (PFC01 or 06) .... some R tires.... and perhaps camber plates.... those are about the only things I want right now..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 08:14 AM   #136
Dan Parker
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Golf R

I'd go with the 06's after speaking with Neil. That being said I have a set of 01's that I used once at Road Atlanta that I'm selling. I doubt my car will be on track again for a while so I might as well move them, cheap.