BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-09-2010, 07:15 PM   #1
Mikeshot1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Sedona Red 135i Coupe

Nav's DVD player and iPOD connection uses

My friend saw the DVD logo next to the Nav slot and insist that I can play movies. Not only do I think he's incorrect but don't want to even try.

Also, I have the iPod integration with AUX cable and USB slot and was wondering if I have a built in hard drive like the new cars have and what else can be done with these two slots? Does one charge and the other for integration with NAV? I have a 2008 135i.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 01:34 PM   #2
vwown3d
New Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

if your car is an 08 than NO it cannot play DVD's only the new Idrive 2009+'s can. The nav discs are burned on a layered DVD. I think the laser is the same but yoru idrive system has no codec or program to play the movies.

there are plug in units that allow you to play dvd's in an 08 i drive car. Do a search you should find it.

Also, no, you do not have a built in hard drive. These slots are for an ipod intergration cable (uses both) or you can AUX in just about anything that uses a 3.5mm headphone plug.

I believe you can play music off a USB thumb drive in that slot but don't quote me on that, im about 50% sure.