BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #23
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

arches don't follow the lines ESPECIALLY the rear ones
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 11:10 PM   #24
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post

Also forgive me if i'm wrong, don't know much about the 135's but those look like sport seats to me? Same bolstering as my E90 sport seats unless the standard 135 seats are different than standard e90 sport seats and have bolstering
On 2nd glance you might be right. Oh well, it is worth the 85K after all

Honestly, the car wouldn't have gotten anywhere near as much grief if it wasn't for the stupid ass asking price of 120K. Even 85K is retarded for a 08 135. You could still pick up a 1m, add a tune and some way better wheels and have a car that looks and handles way better for less.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 11:20 PM   #25
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberschnell View Post
handles way better for less.
howso?

i haven't checked the for sale ad... but i'm assuming full m suspension.. and more width = more rubber on the ground = better potential grip?

not saying it's worth it, but saying it's going to be slower than a 1m is inaccurate at least.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 11:27 PM   #26
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
howso?

i haven't checked the for sale ad... but i'm assuming full m suspension.. and more width = more rubber on the ground = better potential grip?

not saying it's worth it, but saying it's going to be slower than a 1m is inaccurate at least.
Then you would be assuming wrong. Try HR coilovers, open diff and stock links/bushings.

Speed is relative, same power mods = same results. In the corners, it's seeing tail lights.

Outside of the body work and wheels this guy didn't sink too much money into it. Tons of car on here way more modded then this thing.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 12:12 AM   #27
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Then you would be assuming wrong. Try HR coilovers, open diff and stock links/bushings.

Speed is relative, same power mods = same results. In the corners, it's seeing tail lights.

Outside of the body work and wheels this guy didn't sink too much money into it. Tons of car on here way more modded then this thing.
well that's terrible.

how can they justify that price tag when the ONLY thing that's remotely expensive (i'd assume ... $10k worth or so) is the bodywork?

not a built engine, open diff, no suspension work. terrible

it's like a kid over here trying to get $65k for a pretty well stock 130i with some badges and an exhaust... when i saw the price tag and 'closest to a 1m you can get in a hatch!' i at least expected full suspension work an an N54 swap...
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 12:37 AM   #28
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i xDrive

Quote:
well that's terrible.

how can they justify that price tag when the ONLY thing that's remotely expensive (i'd assume ... $10k worth or so) is the bodywork?

not a built engine, open diff, no suspension work. terrible

it's like a kid over here trying to get $65k for a pretty well stock 130i with some badges and an exhaust... when i saw the price tag and 'closest to a 1m you can get in a hatch!' i at least expected full suspension work an an N54 swap...
Bodywork I don't even know how expensive it was but it's certainly not the only thing. The wheels alone on the car are over $10,000
More Pictures: Build Thread /// 683AWHP/675AWTQ
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 12:50 AM   #29
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
I personally do not like the look of the kersher kit - which makes me not like it on this car. I appreciate the work and as some have said its only raising eyebrows because of the insane asking price. The car maybe has $10-12k in body work plus the wheels which are nice but the other mods seem basic bolt ons. It isn't uncommon for people with show cars to hook nos up purely for looks and do not actually run it.

OP- nice video. You do not have to defend this car or be offended that people don't like it.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 12:54 AM   #30
fboutlaw
Cone Cruncher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan 135i

Quote:
Good news, it's down to a more reasonable 85K now.
http://www.autotrader.com/find/used-...tady-12304.jsp
HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAH. That sir, made my day. Good find!

Yeah, for 85k, I'd be in a Ferrari 360 or have a pair of v8 miatas with LS3's.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/3853079775.html ... and it has less miles.

Why do people assume that mods add any value to a car?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 02:31 AM   #31
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Bodywork I don't even know how expensive it was but it's certainly not the only thing. The wheels alone on the car are over $10,000
what are the wheels to cost $10k?

top HRE or BBS motorsport or various other brands usually top out around the $8k mark don't they?.. maybe $9k (2250 a wheel) (actual price, not bogus RRP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fboutlaw View Post

^^^^^^^^^

i've worked out with everything i want to do to mine... i'll try asking 60-65k, which is WAY less than any <5yr old 'M'... and that's WAY more modified than this one, AND cars are usually twice the price here lol.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #32
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
what are the wheels to cost $10k?

top HRE or BBS motorsport or various other brands usually top out around the $8k mark don't they?.. maybe $9k (2250 a wheel) (actual price, not bogus RRP)

^^^^^^^^^

i've worked out with everything i want to do to mine... i'll try asking 60-65k, which is WAY less than any <5yr old 'M'... and that's WAY more modified than this one, AND cars are usually twice the price here lol.
They're 20" D2 Forged wheels. 11 inches wide in the back. Don't know exact price but I was told they are close to 10k

Quote:
Originally Posted by fboutlaw View Post

As i've stated numerous times, I don't think it is priced to sell... I'm pretty sure he put it up there in case anyone fell in love with it and was willing to spend that much, he would sell it for that. Otherwise I think he would much rather keep the car. At least that is how I interpreted it.

Good news is if he does keep the car i'm trying to talk him into some OSS lights and VTT stage 3 turbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
I personally do not like the look of the kersher kit - which makes me not like it on this car. I appreciate the work and as some have said its only raising eyebrows because of the insane asking price. The car maybe has $10-12k in body work plus the wheels which are nice but the other mods seem basic bolt ons. It isn't uncommon for people with show cars to hook nos up purely for looks and do not actually run it.

OP- nice video. You do not have to defend this car or be offended that people don't like it.
I guess that is a valid point I don't have to defend it however I feel the need to. I'm going to stop doing it soon though since some of these guys just can't seem to understand the concept behind the car. As i've said many times it is not priced to sell. I think he threw it up there basically so if anyone was willing to pay that much, he will sell it in a heartbeat but otherwise would rather keep it.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #33
MGallop
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 12' 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [10.00]
i would love to see this thing at an auction...

Matthew Gallop: '12 N55 Mods: JB4 Flex ISO | iCarbon DP | VRSF 5" FMIC | BMS Intake | ER Charge Pipe | Race Axleback | ST Coils | Alufelgen CS7's | iCarbon 3 fin Diffuser |
Blackline LCI | CarbonFiber Spoiler | Orion v4 AE's | 30% tint | red+blk roundels | Cyba Scoops | H-Style front Lip | WeissLicht LED Smoked Sidemarkers | Matte Grills | Coded |
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #34
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
They're 20" D2 Forged wheels. 11 inches wide in the back. Don't know exact price but I was told they are close to 10k
$5k-$5500... nowhere near $10k a set for 20" D2's haha.. most i can find is $1500 per wheel.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #35
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
$5k-$5500... nowhere near $10k a set for 20" D2's haha.. most i can find is $1500 per wheel.
Looks like you're not intelligent enough to plug in the wheel sizes... First website that came up when I searched "D2 Forged Wheels". You wanna retract your statement along with your "haha"?

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #36
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
unsubscribed because of angry op
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #37
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
Nobody's asking for your subscriptions. I'm just getting slightly pissed at all the responses. It's one thing if theres criticism given but nobody is doing that, just simply shitting on the car, the price its sold for, or me for trying to defend it. It's not my car so I really don't give a shit what you guys say about it, however, these are not the responses I expected at all... These are the responses I usually get when I post something up on Audizine or forums like that, not bimmerpost.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #38
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Nobody's asking for your subscriptions. I'm just getting slightly pissed at all the responses. It's one thing if theres criticism given but nobody is doing that, just simply shitting on the car, the price its sold for, or me for trying to defend it. It's not my car so I really don't give a shit what you guys say about it, however, these are not the responses I expected at all... These are the responses I usually get when I post something up on Audizine or forums like that, not bimmerpost.
I'll tell you why this is happening.

1. You're sponsored by the shop or have some kind of close ties with them, thus it makes you feel like you need to defend them which is shown in this thread.

2. This post feels like some kind of advertising / promotion.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #39
geared
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 90' s54 325i ; 93' carrera 2

Garage List
2008 Corvette z-06  [0.00]
2015 BMW m3  [10.00]
stohlen, those are built cars for time attack....all they do is see the track
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 05:58 PM   #40
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post

1. You're sponsored by the shop or have some kind of close ties with them, thus it makes you feel like you need to defend them which is shown in this thread.

I really don't mind if it happens. Here's my response to what you said. In regards to number 1, yes I am sponsored which is evident by linking them in my sig. Now in response to number 2 this is no kind of advertising or promotion... My friend does videos of cars all the time and I post them up on all the different forums since people usually enjoy watching them. All the ones he does of my car I post on e90post, my buddies S4 on audizine, etc... This car is a 1 series so I assumed you guys would enjoy a well done video on a nice car (my opinion). I'm in no way trying to advertise for anyone. I post up videos all the time on e90post because as I said, people usually enjoy watching them:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=827025

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=812935

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=788362

Edit: Also if I were trying to advertise don't you think I would've put up their address in the OP or at least their website?

Last edited by psmitty95; 06-11-2013 at 06:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #41
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95
Quote:

I really don't mind if it happens. Here's my response to what you said. In regards to number 1, yes I am sponsored which is evident by linking them in my sig. Now in response to number 2 this is no kind of advertising or promotion... My friend does videos of cars all the time and I post them up on all the different forums since people usually enjoy watching them. All the ones he does of my car I post on e90post, my buddies S4 on audizine, etc... This car is a 1 series so I assumed you guys would enjoy a well done video on a nice car (my opinion). I'm in no way trying to advertise for anyone. I post up videos all the time on e90post because as I said, people usually enjoy watching them:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=827025

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=812935

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=788362
If those are your intentions i would say u achieved them. People like the video and appreciate the type of work that was done tithe car however most people, base on their responses do not like the overall design of the car. Because the car isn't track built and is a showcar as you say, opens it up to be judged cosmetically. That is what show cars do--- they go to shows and get judged.

I think the high asking price, although just a feeler as you point out, offends people on this forum who know what the mods actually cost. I'm not saying the car isn't emotionally worth 85-120k to the seller.

Again, although I personally do not like the kersher design, the shops work looks good and the reaction this car and the price tag are receiving shouldn't change your relationship with them. You do my need to defend the look or price of the car.

I enjoy radical builds that the builder makes for themselves. I enjoy builds that are spurred by a vision or a unique idea. There are do many cars that all look the same with the same basic mods painted in the same color. I would consider this car not one of those. It is unique.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #42
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If those are your intentions i would say u achieved them. People like the video and appreciate the type of work that was done tithe car however most people, base on their responses do not like the overall design of the car. Because the car isn't track built and is a showcar as you say, opens it up to be judged cosmetically. That is what show cars do--- they go to shows and get judged.

I think the high asking price, although just a feeler as you point out, offends people on this forum who know what the mods actually cost. I'm not saying the car isn't emotionally worth 85-120k to the seller.

Again, although I personally do not like the kersher design, the shops work looks good and the reaction this car and the price tag are receiving shouldn't change your relationship with them. You do my need to defend the look or price of the car.

I enjoy radical builds that the builder makes for themselves. I enjoy builds that are spurred by a vision or a unique idea. There are do many cars that all look the same with the same basic mods painted in the same color. I would consider this car not one of those. It is unique.
Agreed with everything you said. I know I really don't need to defend it but for some reason I feel like I should which is why I do it. I also don't mind arguing too much so it's not that big of a deal. Regardless I guess I should just start ignoring anyone with negative comments.

Btw is that your car in your sig? If so looks great man, you did some good work
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #43
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #44
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Quote:

youre always such the nice guy
you need to be working for the united nations

Appreciate 0