BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-06-2022, 10:20 PM   #1
Neil100
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 125i

Help with stuck boot and alarm on 2008 125i

Hi all,

Newbie here, just picked up a 2008 125i and it has an issue with the boot.

Firstly I can’t open it from the outside and I cant open it with the key fob either.

When pulling away, i get the boot open alarm and light on the dashboard but this goes off as I continue to drive. It comes back on whenever I slow right down and then pull away, for example at lights or roundabout.

Can anyone suggest how to troubleshoot this to
A) get the boot open
B) fix the warning light / alarm

Many thanks
Neil
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2022, 11:34 AM   #2
Reppunkamui
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

This is from a 2009 135i owner, so there might be some small differences.

For boot access:

Firstly, check if the "valet" lock is on. It is in the glovebox right hand side.

Just confirming, that you cannot open the boot from the outside, there is no key hole (make sure you leave the boot open any time you disconnect the battery). You unlock from driver side button or fob.

The last way to open the boot is with the emergency latch. Might have to remove rear speaker to get access though as if I remember correctly, the lever to drop the seats is in the boot.

Warning light:

- I suspect it is related to the above and will go away once you can open your boot and shut it properly.

- Check if the boot is properly shut. Just push down to make sure it is latched. This may help access to boot as well if you are lucky.

- Once you can open the boot, have a look at the latch connection, adjustments may need to be made to align the latch and hook. Might be something to get help from a panel beater or mechanic.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2022, 03:46 AM   #3
Neil100
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 125i

Thanks

The boot will open with the manual key but not with the key fob remote or the boot button. The key fob will open the doors etc, but not the boot.

I presume that because it works with the key it is not the latch.

Anyone any ideas what to check or look at next?

Thanks
Appreciate 0