BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #23
Simsims
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 119/220

Wael from Otto's is the WORST, SALES, EVER.
      03-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #24
Ender_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M VO, V60 Polestar '24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simsims View Post
Wael from Otto's is the WORST, SALES, EVER.
Pretty sure you have posted before that "He's a good guy"?

Anyway off topic...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #25
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender_ View Post
Honestly not into the M&M meets, too old for those LOL, more into Sunday/Saturday morning meets or just go to the track .
Bring it out to Bogie, the MCO has several track days this year!!! Unfortunately, I will be driving a Civic with all seasons until the 1er arrives here in July.

www.mco.org
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 06:47 PM   #26
thehalcyon
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 135i MT LeMans

Quote:
Took mine out this weekend, I've had it with winter!

Its going under the knife this weekend though, all the fluids changed, brake lines, replace the suspension (KW) and drop it, and a bit of exhaust work.

After this weekend I'll be driving it as my DD so I should be out and about a lot, and of course at the track!

Honestly not into the M&M meets, too old for those LOL, more into Sunday/Saturday morning meets or just go to the track .
Cool, I haven't been to an M&M in about 10 years so I'm really not all sure what to expect if I go. Maybe I would be considered an old fart at 30 since I recall seeing alot of younger crowds there back in the day. (before I ever had my own car)

Your 1M, is that the only one in ottawa? edit: my bad I see that Simsims also has a 1M, I guess there are a few of you, and you do a good job of not being seen! I don't think i've seen a 1M in Ottawa yet.

BTW, are you getting the work done at the dealer or a special shop?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #27
Ender_
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Bring it out to Bogie, the MCO has several track days this year!!! Unfortunately, I will be driving a Civic with all seasons until the 1er arrives here in July.

www.mco.org
I was out at most events last year between BMW CC and MCO

MCO seems to be dying in terms of driving schools, they have one on the 24th and then that's it for full day full track events.

I'll be at most of the BMW CC events (Ottawa & Quebec) at both Bogie and Mt. Tremblant this year, May 20th is the first one at Bogie. And also the evening lapping with Midnight Runs gang.

Last edited by Ender_; 03-26-2013 at 07:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #28
Ender_
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehalcyon View Post
Cool, I haven't been to an M&M in about 10 years so I'm really not all sure what to expect if I go. Maybe I would be considered an old fart at 30 since I recall seeing alot of younger crowds there back in the day. (before I ever had my own car)

Your 1M, is that the only one in ottawa? edit: my bad I see that Simsims also has a 1M, I guess there are a few of you, and you do a good job of not being seen! I don't think i've seen a 1M in Ottawa yet.

BTW, are you getting the work done at the dealer or a special shop?
Old fart here too at 31 - My friends and I would meet up at M&M at 7PM on a week night once a week and leave at about 9PM to go eat before any of the other crowd got there. Crap that was back when I was 16, nearly 15 years go...ya old!

Pretty sure there are about 9 1M's in Ottawa, Otto's sold 5 and Elite 4 from my last count. I've seen at least 3 others around town, the white and black blend in, you'll notice the VO's LOL

I guess you could say "special shop", local guy Max who has a 135i to 1M conversion (almost done) and really allot more built up then a 1M, but he did the wide body.
Good guy, he has a small shop and he lets me work with him on it, I like getting my hands dirty but would never do any of this on my own.
Ping him if your looking to do anything on your 1er. maxime@simplyfast.ca
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #29
photonix
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i LMB

I figure this is a good place to say Hi.

Fairly new 135 owner, picked mine up back in September 2012, I'm usually downtown or in the west end.
Found it here on the forums, IndyMike's old ride. Can't wait to take it out on the track, fantastic daily driver.
I'll be at the MCO Calabogie event on the 24th.

I'd be up for a meet as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #30
photonix
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i LMB

Quote:
Old fart here too at 31 - My friends and I would meet up at M&M at 7PM on a week night once a week and leave at about 9PM to go eat before any of the other crowd got there. Crap that was back when I was 16, nearly 15 years go...ya old!

Pretty sure there are about 9 1M's in Ottawa, Otto's sold 5 and Elite 4 from my last count. I've seen at least 3 others around town, the white and black blend in, you'll notice the VO's LOL

I guess you could say "special shop", local guy Max who has a 135i to 1M conversion (almost done) and really allot more built up then a 1M, but he did the wide body.
Good guy, he has a small shop and he lets me work with him on it, I like getting my hands dirty but would never do any of this on my own.
I can vouch for Max as well, he really knows his stuff and he will show you how to do things if you are interested.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #31
Ender_
Lieutenant
Rep

Seems like there's starting to get to be a decent group of 1 series car enthusiasts! We should meet up for coffee some time, I know the Porsche club was meeting Sunday mornings for a "Cars & Coffee" type thing out at the Train Yards. I went out a couple of times to meet them, all pretty down to earth guys (some a little to anal about there cars and don't track them LOL).
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #32
thehalcyon
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Thank you for the recommendation. I'm trying to look at my tuning options right now, just mostly reading on the forums and trying to learn. The main thing for me is, I'm worried about voiding my warranty so I may hold off. I would love to do some "enhancements" to the 1er at some point though. Things like suspension and stuff sounds like he is the guy to talk to.

Regarding a meetup I would certainly be down with enough notice, sounds like a good idea. I'd love to meet other enthusiasts in town. It seems quite a few of you visit the track as well. I haven't made any arrangements yet but I plan to go to calabogie for the first time this spring/summer. Of course it would be more fun to go with other people that know what they are doing. I've never tracked my car before, only been to the bridgestone academy for a quick session at mosport in the small formula 2000 car.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #33
Ender_
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehalcyon View Post
Thank you for the recommendation. I'm trying to look at my tuning options right now, just mostly reading on the forums and trying to learn. The main thing for me is, I'm worried about voiding my warranty so I may hold off. I would love to do some "enhancements" to the 1er at some point though. Things like suspension and stuff sounds like he is the guy to talk to.

Regarding a meetup I would certainly be down with enough notice, sounds like a good idea. I'd love to meet other enthusiasts in town. It seems quite a few of you visit the track as well. I haven't made any arrangements yet but I plan to go to calabogie for the first time this spring/summer. Of course it would be more fun to go with other people that know what they are doing. I've never tracked my car before, only been to the bridgestone academy for a quick session at mosport in the small formula 2000 car.
Just shoot Max an email ask him when he's at his shop and swing by, he'll talk your ear off for an hour on what you can do, if its this week/end you'll see my car on the lift. He only does this after hours, he has a really job too LOL.

Ya don't worry about the engine too much at the start - there are tones of suspension, brakes, wheels you can do, even just the basic's like fluids and break lines will help. Last thing I'm touching is the engine, did and intake and putting on Mids this week, but thats as close as I'll get for now, maybe a slightly bigger IC.
Make the car 'safe' then go for power, 300hp is allot if your new to tracking.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 09:41 AM   #34
Schmoops135i
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i XDrive - Sport line

Where is Max's shop? I'm in the market area. Also what mids does the 1M have as stock? Might be interested in swapping my stock mids.... Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #35
Ender_
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoops135i View Post
Where is Max's shop? I'm in the market area. Also what mids does the 1M have as stock? Might be interested in swapping my stock mids.... Cheers!
Shoot him an email and connect with him, he'll give you the details.

I don't think you'll want the 1M mids, pretty sure its the same as the 135i, just the exhaust/muffler that's different.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 05:39 PM   #36
hxman
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

So what's the plan?????
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 08:56 PM   #37
NorthernDancer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 Sedona 128 & 06 330xiT 6MT

HPDE

Just for info, the BMW club High Performance Driver Education day is Victoria Day May 20th. Best bang for your buck. About $360. Proper helmut reqd, mechanic tech inspection with brake flush. see bmwccottawa.org I've done it a few times.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 11:37 PM   #38
thehalcyon
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirthernDancer View Post
Just for info, the BMW club High Performance Driver Education day is Victoria Day May 20th. Best bang for your buck. About $360. Proper helmut reqd, mechanic tech inspection with brake flush. see bmwccottawa.org I've done it a few times.

Where: Calabogie Motorsports Park , Calabogie (CA).

Date: 20 May, 2013
Time: 08:00 - 17:00

Is this the one? I'm pretty interested in something like this. How many on this forum think they will go to an event like this? Would be cool to drive on the track with other 1er's.

Are newcomers welcome? Having never been to a trackday, can I bring my car if its completely stock? Do they provide helmet rentals or will I have to bring my own.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 09:47 AM   #39
debadgedbmw1
BMW: intake,exhaust,strut bar,18''M1styl,CFspoiler
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 128i

meet in a mth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnawab View Post
Hey guys:

I know ottawa probably doesnt have as many 1 drivers as other places, just woudnering if there have been meets, or any in planning ?

Since we are all interested... lets atleast decide on a common/local meeting place! I will have my summer tires back on in a mth.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 10:34 PM   #40
NorthernDancer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 Sedona 128 & 06 330xiT 6MT

thehalcyon

Yes, Calabogie Motorsports Park CMP 20th May
Newcomers very welcome; $40 off $400 entry fee
Stock car OK; most are stock with very good tires. Car need be inspected by a mechanic to incl. brake fluid flush. Tech. Inspection Form on BMW club site
CMP have some helmuts but expect they're already spoken for. Buy a new one on line (SA2010 or M2010); even if you use it only once, you'll be able to easily sell it.
see bmwccottawa.org for more info.
I expect 2-4 1ers to be there (and a whole bunch of other very nice cars). BMW's actually make up only 50% of the cars people bring.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 09:43 AM   #41
Ender_
Lieutenant
Rep

Can't remember if it was MCO or BMW CC last spring at Calabogie but there was at least 6 1er's there including myself.

It's a great place for newbie's they setup in-class sessions and if your so inclined can even go around the track as a passenger the first time to see the track. Hell my dad is 70 and will be going for the first time on May 20th. Its a bit intimidating to start but once you've been there for a half day you'll meet a couple of people and feel more relaxed. I found this document helpful so I was organized and knew what to expect and have with me.
http://bmwccottawa.org/schools/forms...ge-information

Also watch the video's on youtube of track footage and you'll get to know the layout.

I'd recommend getting your own helmet, just simplifies things and they really aren't that expensive (well there are expensive ones but just keep it simple).

As for the meet up, how about Saturday or Sunday morning 9:30AM either over at the Train Yards (there's a Starbucks, http://goo.gl/maps/Ag4bb) or the Ikea parking lot (http://goo.gl/maps/IBfh9), again another StarBucks and they are both just off the Queensway.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 10:13 AM   #42
P7X
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirthernDancer View Post
Yes, Calabogie Motorsports Park CMP 20th May
Newcomers very welcome; $40 off $400 entry fee
Stock car OK; most are stock with very good tires. Car need be inspected by a mechanic to incl. brake fluid flush. Tech. Inspection Form on BMW club site
CMP have some helmuts but expect they're already spoken for. Buy a new one on line (SA2010 or M2010); even if you use it only once, you'll be able to easily sell it.
see bmwccottawa.org for more info.
I expect 2-4 1ers to be there (and a whole bunch of other very nice cars). BMW's actually make up only 50% of the cars people bring.
I'll be there
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 03:29 PM   #43
debadgedbmw1
BMW: intake,exhaust,strut bar,18''M1styl,CFspoiler
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender_
Can't remember if it was MCO or BMW CC last spring at Calabogie but there was at least 6 1er's there including myself.

It's a great place for newbie's they setup in-class sessions and if your so inclined can even go around the track as a passenger the first time to see the track. Hell my dad is 70 and will be going for the first time on May 20th. Its a bit intimidating to start but once you've been there for a half day you'll meet a couple of people and feel more relaxed. I found this document helpful so I was organized and knew what to expect and have with me.
http://bmwccottawa.org/schools/forms...ge-information

Also watch the video's on youtube of track footage and you'll get to know the layout.

I'd recommend getting your own helmet, just simplifies things and they really aren't that expensive (well there are expensive ones but just keep it simple).

As for the meet up, how about Saturday or Sunday morning 9:30AM either over at the Train Yards (there's a Starbucks, http://goo.gl/maps/Ag4bb) or the Ikea parking lot (http://goo.gl/maps/IBfh9), again another StarBucks and they are both just off the Queensway.

As for the track-calabogie trip...i will most likely pass.
I would be definitely interested in a local meet...starbucks trainyards works well for me?! Anybody else, maybe early May?
Appreciate 0