BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-26-2010, 08:12 AM   #1
228iconvert
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i x drive convert

Went to the BMW M Power Tour (1 m coupe)

Ok so Sunday I was at the BMW M Power Tour in Long Island, NY. Got to drive a 2011 BMW M3 Convertible. This was my first time driving a M3 and I had to say I was impressed! First off the sound of that car is just amazing! When you step on the gas the engine roars with this beautiful sound and you get thrown back in your seat! I have to say my 135i coupe is not as fast but there is in my opinion very little difference in power. The main difference I did notice was the M3 seems to be more refined. Just a better over all ride. But for 67k you should expect that! I then got to speak with a rep from the M division from Munich. She was very nice but kept a tight lip on what the new M coupe will be like. She did say that his car is being built so you can get all the M power and performace for a lower price. She didn't say how much but my guess is the 1 M Coupe will be in the mid 50's.

Over all a great day with BMW! If you do get invited to go make every effort to do so! It is worth it! I had to drive over 1 hour to get there to spend only 25 min driving this beast but it was all worth it!
      10-26-2010, 08:43 AM   #2
LeifW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1M AW

I agree. I attended the event in Katonah. I drove a white M3 sedan with DCT. I was very impressed. When I signed up, I requested a manual transmission, but at the event they only had DCT. I'm glad this was the case because I was exposed to this really nice transmission. The fast shifting and blip of the throttle on down shifting was intoxicating. That being said, I think I would still go for the manual. I would just be concerned that I would get bored with the DCT. I would hate to spend all that money and regret my decision. I already did that with my current ride, hence me looking to get back into the BMW fold. (please please please don't turn this into a manual versus DCT thread). As the OP said, if you're invited to an M-Power Tour, make the effort. It's well worth it.

Leif W.
Appreciate 0