BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-03-2010, 04:52 PM   #23
kioko12
king kong in the trunk...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Cabriolet

Well, at least it's not through the clear coat. That should make things easier to fix. Perhaps even buff out. The only thing worse than a deliberate vandalism like that is carelessness. When I saw some idiot park about 2 inches away from my passenger door in an empty lot, I nearly flipped out.

Still, totally understandable why you'd be pissed right now. Hope you get it fixed up soon!
      06-03-2010, 05:22 PM   #24
jc_lbc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 318ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
In Germany there is this VERY same thing. Have's vs the Have Not's.

But the disgruntled Germans "do things" differently. The "have nots" do not key your car... they SET FIRE TO IT!!!!!! In Berlin and other large cities... there are at times only Porsches, BMW's and Audi's and MB targetes in the same two block area. Typically they will set fire to fourty pr fifty cars on the streets. Terrible thing.

Given the choice... I think I would chose fire vs a car key! I feel your pain man.

- David -
Except that it's really not like that at all. The member that posted that has some weird idea that there's this group of "hippies" running around the bay area scratching people's cars up becuase they're mad at society and/or the wealthy. In the case you mention above there's a clear cut agenda of a group of people to vandalize in order to make some sort of social or political statement. One random act of vandalism no matter how obnoxious, senseless and loaded with total dickishness isn't the same thing in the least.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2010, 05:36 PM   #25
Sidh135i
BMW Technician
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

F*ck all the haters!!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2010, 02:37 AM   #26
guydude
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 ordered

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
I hope karma finds there way...i'm so sorry this happened to u mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_135i View Post
No pics but I'm just completely dumbfounded why someone would do this to my car. I keep it super clean and always park far away. I worked hard to save and get my first bimmer only to have some jealous idiot ruin my day.

It's completely stock and not flashy at all.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 04:16 PM   #27
Daniel135i
Banned
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6M, AW, CR, MSPORT

Garage List
2011 135i  [10.00]
2005 SRT-4  [7.00]
Damn, hate hate hate hate hate... Happens to us all at some point. People have to "teach others a lesson" for whatever reason... Mainly just jealousy. Wouldn't happen if you were driving around in a mid 90s Buick I bet... People and there stupid hate.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 06:18 PM   #28
crzy4135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_135i View Post
No pics but I'm just completely dumbfounded why someone would do this to my car. I keep it super clean and always park far away. I worked hard to save and get my first bimmer only to have some jealous idiot ruin my day.

It's completely stock and not flashy at all.
I'm glad to hear most of it buffed out. I never really saw this car as a magnet for that type of BS.. I like the car but overall, it isn't the most baller car in any parking lot.

Oh, I thought I was in trouble when I saw several rough looking people standing around my car as I walked out of a philly steak place. I parked the car way off by itself, in a spot near the street. As I walked up I asked, "what's going on?" The girl standing next to my drivers door didn't say anything and looked at me like I was crazy. As I got into the car I looked up at her one last time.. then noticed the damn "bus stop" sign on the pole beside her! I looked the car over when I got home and nothing was wrong. That's what I get for being paranoid.

I wouldn't buy a nice car if I lived in a big city. Too much can happen.
      06-21-2010, 06:19 PM   #29
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
LOOK AT THIS!!!!!>>> DONT FUCK WITH ANOTHER MANS VEHICLE...

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0