BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
Cal@Sonic MS
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

♦ Sonic MS | ETS N54 Intake Charge Pipe + BOV (HKS/SYNAPSE/TIAL Q)

Sonic Motorsports
1045 West El Camino Real
Mountain View, CA 94040
tel: 650-733-6506
fax: 650-691-9009
email: info@sonicms.net

The factory diverter valves and charge pipe is made out of plastic and is prone to leak under normal boosting conditions. This leak results in less power and less performance. The ETS Charge Pipe is a full 3.0 inch pipe made from 304 stainless steel and designed to handle higher then stock boost levels with no leaking.

Unlike competitors' offerings, ETS designed their 135i and 335i charge pipe to incorpate the factory 45 degree elbow. When matched with an intercooler kit the complete cold is replaced with 304 stainless steeling piping, 4-ply silicone and Breeze T-bolt clamps. By doing this it allows the charge pipe to work with LCI equiped vehicles.

Features:
  • TiAL, HKS, Synapse Blow Off Valve Flanges Available
  • 304 Stainless Steel
  • 4-Ply Silicone Couplers
  • Available in Brushed, Flat Black or Gloss Black Finishes
  • Optional 1/8" Meth Bung Available
  • Fixes Leaky OEM diverter valves.
  • * Blow Off Valve Sold Separately

Pricing / Options
MSRP - $285.00

BOV Options
HKS SSQV BOV - $199.00
SYNAPSE BOV - $224.00
TIAL Q BOV - $259.00
*BOV flanges will be made according to the brand of BOV customer will be using.

Piping Finish
Polished Stainless Steel - $40.00

Brushed Stainless Steel, Powdercoat Flat Black, Powdercoat Gloss Black finishes are available at no additional charge.

* All Prices listed do not include shipping and/or tax if applicable.

For ordering information, please call me at 650-733-6506, email at cal@sonicms.net or send me a PM.

Or you can simply visit the below link to our web store to order!
https://www.sonicms.net/index.php?ro...product_id=278

Store Hours:
Mon-Fri : 10AM-7PM PST
Sat: 12PM-5PM PST

Payments:

We accept all major Credit Cards, in addition to PayPal and Certified Cashiers Checks / Money Orders.

We also offer professional on-site installation services for customers local to the SF Bay Area. Please contact us directly for more information.

Last edited by Cal@Sonic MS; 06-22-2011 at 01:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2011, 09:41 PM   #2
h3opama
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i

do you have to run a BOV to run the charge pipe?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
Cal@Sonic MS
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by h3opama View Post
do you have to run a BOV to run the charge pipe?
Yes, it is required.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
Cal@Sonic MS
United_States
Rep

Independent Review from Forum Member.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
After a friend of mine had tuned his car, his charge pipe blew off. I knew it would only be a matter of time before something similar happened to me. As most of you know already our stock charge pipe has a seal that can come undone under higher boost pressure. I didn’t want to deal with it breaking during acceleration so I decided to do just buy an aftermarket charge pipe to make sure my stock one wouldn’t blow off.

I spent quite a bit of time researching which charge pipe to go with. I decided to go with ETS due to the high quality products they provide such as having one of the only no cutting required intercoolers on the market and the outstanding customer service that Michael provides. Michael answered all of my questions extremely fast through both AIM & Email. He was able to customize the charge pipe to my liking instantly as well. I told him I wanted one meth bung since I plan on running meth in the future and I wanted it to be black so I could have a stealth look to my car in case I ever got pulled over and asked to pop my hood since my car has a straight pipe and it is pretty loud.

Everything arrived extremely well packaged(I already unwrapped most of it from the box):

IMG_0619 by baldadar, on Flickr

Starting with removal of the airbox:

IMG_0623 by baldadar, on Flickr

IMG_0626 by baldadar, on Flickr

Stock Charge Pipe Removed:

IMG_0630 by baldadar, on Flickr

ETS Charge Pipe with the Silicone Adapters Put On:

IMG_0632 by baldadar, on Flickr

IMG_0633 by baldadar, on Flickr

Final Installed Pics:

IMG_0634 by baldadar, on Flickr

IMG_0635 by baldadar, on Flickr

Review:

My main reason for purchasing the Charge Pipe was to have a meth bung in place for when I decide to do the JB4 BMS WW Integrated Meth kit and having peace of mind that my charge pipe won’t blow off under high acceleration like others have had happen to them.

The quality and workmanship of the ETS was great. The meth bung welds look extremely top notch and the silicone adapters are also very durable. The install itself was a breeze took about 20-30minutes without any kind of problems or complications. The fitment was 100%. Danny at Minicorsa in North Hollywood, CA did the install for me and didn’t charge me an arm and a leg for it. I will be going back to him for all of my performance installs since I do not have my own garage. He actually owns a 1M and is extremely knowledgeable about our E82 platform so he is able to install and recommend anything you may need from suspension to power.

After having it put on I definitely felt a difference. Not a horsepower difference but the car just felt much more responsive kind of how it felt after I went straight pipe from a regular muffler. I can also hear the turbo spool louder. All in all it was a great purchase and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I also was able to track test it this weekend. I knew that it would either fail on me miserably or it would go off without a hitch because this track is both extremely technical and a high speed track. I’m happy to announce that the charge pipe held up like a champ and none of the silicone hoses or T-Bolt clamps caused any issues. This was also more intensive than a regular track day as well because it was a higher priced one which meant fewer cars and much more track time so I really put the charge pipe and its connectors through the paces.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...9#post11336219
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 09:34 PM   #5
Cal@Sonic MS
United_States
Rep

Thanks to all for your inquiries! All PMs replied.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #6
Cal@Sonic MS
United_States
Rep

ttt
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #7
Cal@Sonic MS
United_States
Rep