BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

06-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #23
NORAGRETS
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP BSM 2012 E82 1

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911A145 View Post
That's not true. In Florida, the tint cannot be darker than 28% for the front windows. The back windows, however, can be as dark as you want. frotn windshield is a no go unless clear filmed for UV protection or for just the front strip. It use to be a "fix it ticket" and they would drop the fee from 98 dollars to 7 dollars if you removed the tints. NOW the ticket is 120 and if you take the tints off or re-do it with lighter film they lower the cost of the ticker to 98 dollars. all they want is money and anyway they can get it. has nothing to do with a safety issue ( unless you are blind and cant see...)

They dont want to give warnings out, either. the whole tint ticket is just an excuse so they can make arrest and find things on you or your car. pirates...
really?? I thought FLA and CALI were the only 2 states with no tint laws because of all the sunshine they get...(not sarcastic)
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #24
NORAGRETS
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP BSM 2012 E82 1

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
Details? Road? Hour of the day? Speed?
95 south in Topsfield coming back from Turnermotorsports....it was about 7:00PM, weather was perfect, very few cars on the road...windows down, blasting music, I was in the far left lane going about 105 and started going up a hill with no visibility of the downhill and thought "theres gotta be a speed trap on the other side of this" and started changing down, 6th-5th-4th...100mph-95mph-90mph....boom state trooper sitting under a bridge with a laser out the window...he pulled out immediately, I changed lanes and the lights came on. Pulled over, he asked if I knew how fast I was going...I tried the honesty approach and said "87 or 88 officer?" he actually smiled and kinda laughed and said "hmm, I got 86" and that was it...$210 ticket. First speeding ticket ever. wasnt really that bothered by it to be honest. been a long time coming for me haha
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #25
Joeyb7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M Sport - AW

Quoting Barney Frank? Please bury this thread.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 10:59 PM   #26
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twhill19 View Post
95 south in Topsfield coming back from Turnermotorsports....it was about 7:00PM, weather was perfect, very few cars on the road...windows down, blasting music, I was in the far left lane going about 105 and started going up a hill with no visibility of the downhill and thought "theres gotta be a speed trap on the other side of this" and started changing down, 6th-5th-4th...100mph-95mph-90mph....boom state trooper sitting under a bridge with a laser out the window...he pulled out immediately, I changed lanes and the lights came on. Pulled over, he asked if I knew how fast I was going...I tried the honesty approach and said "87 or 88 officer?" he actually smiled and kinda laughed and said "hmm, I got 86" and that was it...$210 ticket. First speeding ticket ever. wasnt really that bothered by it to be honest. been a long time coming for me haha
You know how much it's going to cost you in premiums if you don't fight it and let it go on your record?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #27
Dosturbos
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F48 X1 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
You know how much it's going to cost you in premiums if you don't fight it and let it go on your record?
Fight every ticket, most of the time the trooper/cop doesn't show up.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread