BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-30-2015, 05:18 AM   #1
Iceman21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe

Horsepower Factory - Dandenong

Anyone had any experience with these guys?

http://www.hp-f.com.au/about-2/hpf-n...odel-overview/

Spoke to them today and a full custom dyno tune is what they do. Also, they have done a 1M before.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 06:48 AM   #2
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman21 View Post
Anyone had any experience with these guys?

http://www.hp-f.com.au/about-2/hpf-n...odel-overview/

Spoke to them today and a full custom dyno tune is what they do. Also, they have done a 1M before.
You should try to post it on the Australian forum. How much do they charge? A custom COBB etune is not that expensive.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 08:19 AM   #3
dcaron9999
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M package

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
You should try to post it on the Australian forum. How much do they charge? A custom COBB etune is not that expensive.
I cant say enough good things about the PTF (ProTuningFreaks) custom e-tune, and the Cobb Accessport device. The process is so simple and rock solid. PTF sends you a custom map based on your mods and your goals, you send them resulting logs of 3rd or 4th gear WOT pulls, they tweak and send you another iteration of the custom map until you are both happy with the results. You need to buy an Accessport device from them or other places. PTF charge you a very reasonable time charge for the custom map, regardless of how many iterations they produce for you, as you keep adding bolt-ons to your 135i...

Love dealing with these guys, and doing these map updates and logs on my own agenda. I started out with a stage 1 agressive custom map (FMIC and 94 Octane), and now reached stage 2 agressive with 94 Octane. Trying my 4th iterationo of the stage 2 custome tune this week, and the N55 135i is getting scary fast. I have traction issues in 4th gear with my Quaife LSD and Dunlop Direzza ZII 255/35R18 tires (on cold pavement).

Just make sure your car's ECU's version is compatible with the Cobb first. I believe support ended for 2012+ N55 engines.
2011 X3 35i with M pack + 2011 135i w/6SPMT | 255 square tire setup | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Diff lock down bracket | Bilstein B8+Swift SpecR springs+H&R FSB | CDV delete | BMS Oil Tstat bypass | ER FMIC & CP | N54Tuning DP | GC Street Camber Plates | M3 FCA +guide rods+RSFB's+Tranny mounts | Manzo toe arms | Cobb Stg2 agressive tune | Hawk DTC70 brake pads | RB SS brake pistons | Goodridge SS brake lines | Custom brake cooling ducts

Last edited by dcaron9999; 03-30-2015 at 08:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 03:42 PM   #4
css008
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 1m

I would highly recommend PTF as well. A pleasure to work with.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 06:22 PM   #5
Iceman21
Private First Class
Rep

Sounds like that's what these guys are. A PTF type of place.

They have two options

1. Download factory map, and modify using their in house software (they have two developers in house) using dyno runs and modifications on the car. Back and forth, back and forth. AUD 1195
2. Use OTC Cobb map and then custom dyno tune them based on mods on the car. More expensive as you get the Cobb Accessport hardware. That's the difference in the price. AUD 1595

Once you take forex into consideration, this makes more sense than getting the it done overseas via PTF. Also having it close to home makes a big difference to me. Easier to take the car in if something needs doing.

Last edited by Iceman21; 03-30-2015 at 08:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 08:39 PM   #6
135TX
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 135i

Jesus that's insanely expensive e tunes run 250-300usd, 325-400 aud.
Pro-tuning freaks PTF, also checkout wedge. As for safety you can always de tune if you have an issue, takes 10 minutes. These guys have both been doing it for awhile on lots of cars, they do it safely, as long as you don't specify that you want something unsafe(kill map, dyno glory...)

Consider stateside options! For your wallets sake

Edit: I just realized your including the price of the hardware on those I assume
You'll never regret pursuing what you really want....ever. You will, however, regret NOT doing things you wanted to do.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 09:45 PM   #7
Iceman21
Private First Class
Rep

Yes plus add delivery to Oz, and it becomes quite expensive.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 05:09 AM   #8
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman21 View Post
Yes plus add delivery to Oz, and it becomes quite expensive.
If you are going to be only doing one map only, it makes a lot of sense to go local.

However, if you track the car, you might want a few maps where the Cobb may be beneficial.

Check with the guys on the Australian forum to see if anyone has used them before. There are also 1M FB page, and M car muster page which you might find someone on there who might have used them before.
Appreciate 0