E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Why is BMW service so BAD...They don't care about their customers

Closed Thread

04-22-2006, 12:32 PM   #1
Juve29
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 325i titanium silver spk

Why is BMW service so BAD...They don't care about their customers

I love the way Bmw drive and look but their service sucks. I got delivery of my car at the end of November 2005, the day of the delivery there was a snow storm in Montreal, since I got the sports package my car is equipped with performance tires that supposedly are not recommended for snow. I did not know that. I inquired before I purchased my car but everybody at the dealer told me that that the performance tires were four season. So on that day of the delivery I drove home with my new car and needless to say I almost got killed. I believe that the dealer had a responsibility to warn me about the danger of driving in snow with summer tires or at least they should have kept the car and deliver it on another day. Everybody saw the snow outside. So why did they send me out, because did not give a shit about my safety.

I wrote to BMW Canada regarding the incident and they replied by telling me that they don't really care and that I should have known (in other words did told me Fuck you). I wrote back to them telling them I did not like their response and they replied ounce again that it’s not their problem. I asked them to send me any information stating that the performance tires are not recommended for winter driving, but they weren't able to do so. Their web site does not mention anything about tires nor do any of their brochures. So if the dealer doesn't know how am I supposed to know

It’s only been six months I have the car and already the rear suspension is defective, I can drive the car because it makes to much noise, so obviously I had to go to the dealer to get it fix. I did not go back to the dealer where I purchased the car, for obvious reasons, I went to another dealer, they checked the car and they identified the problem, but the cannot fix the car now, I gotta wait three weeks. I can't use my car for three weeks, but they don't really care. I paying for a car I can't use. At the price we pay them here in Canada I believe they should try to make an effort and fix the car as soon as possible.

That's BMW customer satisfaction for you.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2006, 12:55 PM   #2
Oz
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2004 X5

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I think they mention on the brochure that performance tires are not recommended for snow. I don't have my 3 series booklet with me at the moment but I'm pretty sure I remember that.

I would take it back to your dealer and demand them to give you a loaner if the rear suspension is defective. I know that usually your dealer gives you a loaner/rental so you need to take that route

Good luck
      04-22-2006, 01:00 PM   #3
JSpira
Freude am Fahren
Austria
Rep
Drives: Fünfer, Dreier, +

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve29
I love the way Bmw drive and look but their service sucks. I got delivery of my car at the end of November 2005, the day of the delivery there was a snow storm in Montreal, since I got the sports package my car is equipped with performance tires that supposedly are not recommended for snow. I did not know that. I inquired before I purchased my car but everybody at the dealer told me that that the performance tires were four season. So on that day of the delivery I drove home with my new car and needless to say I almost got killed. I believe that the dealer had a responsibility to warn me about the danger of driving in snow with summer tires or at least they should have kept the car and deliver it on another day. Everybody saw the snow outside. So why did they send me out, because did not give a shit about my safety.

I wrote to BMW Canada regarding the incident and they replied by telling me that they don't really care and that I should have known (in other words did told me Fuck you). I wrote back to them telling them I did not like their response and they replied ounce again that it’s not their problem. I asked them to send me any information stating that the performance tires are not recommended for winter driving, but they weren't able to do so. Their web site does not mention anything about tires nor do any of their brochures. So if the dealer doesn't know how am I supposed to know

It’s only been six months I have the car and already the rear suspension is defective, I can drive the car because it makes to much noise, so obviously I had to go to the dealer to get it fix. I did not go back to the dealer where I purchased the car, for obvious reasons, I went to another dealer, they checked the car and they identified the problem, but the cannot fix the car now, I gotta wait three weeks. I can't use my car for three weeks, but they don't really care. I paying for a car I can't use. At the price we pay them here in Canada I believe they should try to make an effort and fix the car as soon as possible.

That's BMW customer satisfaction for you.
Well, first you are talking about one dealer, not BMW so it is wrong to say BMW's service sucks.

Second, the fact that summer performance tires aren't used in winter isn't exactly a secret - the buyer needs to know what he is getting and understand what he is ordering. In addition, the brochures do clearly state that performance tires are NOT suitable for driving on snow and ice.

Jonathan

E90 2006 330xi
E90 2006 325i
E39 2003 530i Sport*
E46 2000 328Ci*
E36 1996 328iS*
E36 1992 325i*
E30 1991 318is
E21 1982 320iS*
E21 1979 320 (6-Zyl)*
*retired

Nominated: Most Contributing Member
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2006, 01:01 PM   #4
Bimmerforlife
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Yeah OZ is right, I have the E90 full color brochure and it's listed on the page with the tires and rims, says" caption 1 "Performance tires not recomended for driving in the ice and snow"
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2006, 01:02 PM   #5
flush01
Major
Rep
Drives: 33m@%#ing5

stop crying, you should of known.... ask them for a loner for 3 weeks, they HAVE to give it to you since you bought from that dealership
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2006, 01:03 PM   #6
JSpira
Freude am Fahren
Austria
Rep

In addition, I happen to think BMW service is incredible. My dealer has always gone far above and beyond what I would expect - and I expect a lot.

Jonathan

E90 2006 330xi
E90 2006 325i
E39 2003 530i Sport*
E46 2000 328Ci*
E36 1996 328iS*
E36 1992 325i*
E30 1991 318is
E21 1982 320iS*
E21 1979 320 (6-Zyl)*
*retired

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2006, 01:06 PM   #7
climkt
Bimmer Manual all the way
Singapore
Rep
Drives: e90 320i manual

i think bmw dealerships standards really do vary from county to county. in singapore, unfortunately being a tiny city state, we have to put up with a single franchise/ dealership monopoly. remember very well, how service varied from okay to superb when i moved around in UK.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2006, 01:09 PM   #8
JSpira
Freude am Fahren
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flush01
stop crying, you should of known.... ask them for a loner for 3 weeks, they HAVE to give it to you since you bought from that dealership
Have to? At least in the U.S., that's not the case.

Jonathan

E90 2006 330xi
E90 2006 325i
E39 2003 530i Sport*
E46 2000 328Ci*
E36 1996 328iS*
E36 1992 325i*
E30 1991 318is
E21 1982 320iS*
E21 1979 320 (6-Zyl)*
*retired

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2006, 01:14 PM   #9
flush01
Major
Rep
Drives: 33m@%#ing5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpira
Have to? At least in the U.S., that's not the case.
yes, every new car that under maintance warranty is entitled to a loner, they'll give u new bmw for the time ur car is in the dealership
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2006, 01:15 PM   #10
M3ti Compact
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E36 318ti, E90 325i

Garage List
1995 BMW 318ti  [0.00]
2006 BMW 325  [0.00]
How can you blame the dealer for this?

All season tires or not, its going to suck driving in the snow, yet you choose to take delivery that day.

I know people who wouldn't take delivery of 4WD SUV's if it was snowing.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2006, 01:18 PM   #11
JSpira
Freude am Fahren
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flush01
yes, every new car that under maintance warranty is entitled to a loner, they'll give u new bmw for the time ur car is in the dealership
Wow, that's good to know. Not the case in BMW North America territory. Pity.

Jonathan

E90 2006 330xi
E90 2006 325i
E39 2003 530i Sport*
E46 2000 328Ci*
E36 1996 328iS*
E36 1992 325i*
E30 1991 318is
E21 1982 320iS*
E21 1979 320 (6-Zyl)*
*retired

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2006, 01:30 PM   #12
Juve29
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpira
Well, first you are talking about one dealer, not BMW so it is wrong to say BMW's service sucks.

Second, the fact that summer performance tires aren't used in winter isn't exactly a secret - the buyer needs to know what he is getting and understand what he is ordering. In addition, the brochures do clearly state that performance tires are NOT suitable for driving on snow and ice.
First of all, since I changed dealer I am not entiltled to a loaner, at least that is what they told me. Second in the Canadian brochure it does not mention that performance tires are not recommended for winter use (I have in front of me) nor does BMW.ca. I checked in American website and yes the Amercan brochure does mention it, but as you know Canadian specifications and American specifications are not always the same. Furthermore, even if the brochure mentioned it, doesn't the dealer have a responsability to deliver the car on a another day or at the very least warn me of the dangers.

Last edited by Juve29; 04-22-2006 at 03:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2006, 01:33 PM   #13
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 545i

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
What dealer did you get it from?

I don't want to sound like an asshole, but living in Montreal you should know that "all season" tires won't cut it for snowstorms and -20 temperatures. On the flip side if you did ask the salesman about the tires and even if the tires are still "all season" he should have told you they would obviously suck in the snow. Still, what do you want them to do? If you had crashed or something it would be one thing, but there aren't even any damages for them to compensate for.

You should get a loaner if they're fixing your car, but it can be hard if you're not taking it to the dealer you bought the car from. I know that my dealer (Jalbert) gives "priority" on courtesy cars to clients that purchased their cars from them.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2006, 01:52 PM   #14
ssam
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: carefully

Well I agree with Juve29 .............bmw should emphasizes the fact that summer tires are VERY DANGEROUS on snow

I always had all season before and it was not as good as winter but still ok.....I remember the first snowfall with summer s on as the worst driving day of my life....it took me 3 hours to do 70 km......

Those summer`s are killers during winter : to let a customer take his new car in a snow storm is very irresponsible
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2006, 01:53 PM   #15
Juve29
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by findtom
What dealer did you get it from?

I don't want to sound like an asshole, but living in Montreal you should know that "all season" tires won't cut it for snowstorms and -20 temperatures. On the flip side if you did ask the salesman about the tires and even if the tires are still "all season" he should have told you they would obviously suck in the snow. Still, what do you want them to do? If you had crashed or something it would be one thing, but there aren't even any damages for them to compensate for.

You should get a loaner if they're fixing your car, but it can be hard if you're not taking it to the dealer you bought the car from. I know that my dealer (Jalbert) gives "priority" on courtesy cars to clients that purchased their cars from them.
I got it from Canbec.

Before I purchased the BMW I looked at Lexus, Acura and Audi. Knowing that winter was coming I inquired about the tires. Lexus and Audi performance tires are all season, but not Acura. So when I went to BMW I specifically asked about the tires because I knew that rear wheel drive in the snow is not like front wheel drive. They told me that you have to be carefull, but that I could have driven home with them. Since there was no other information regarding the tires I had to take their word for it. What would you have done
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2006, 01:59 PM   #16
ssam
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: carefully

Thumbs down

mmmmmmm.....Canbec

they didn t let me test drive my car on the highway pretending there was too much trafic

I went the next morning to park Avenue and what a difference.....I test drove it as I wanted to and pushed it hardly without any problem.

2 days later the lease contract was signed

They lost one easy customer......and I m happy I went with Park avenue so far
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2006, 02:17 PM   #17
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
They told me that you have to be carefull, but that I could have driven home with them.
So they told you to be carefull AND you got there

Whats the problem?

Should they tell you not to speed in the rain ?
Do you know the metal will get hot in the sun?
Dont touch the exhaust after the cars been runing a while, it may be hot.

Or the very funnny thing seen on cars in america:
"Objects in your mirror are closer than they appear"
      04-22-2006, 02:19 PM   #18
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 545i

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
Quote:
I got it from Canbec.

Before I purchased the BMW I looked at Lexus, Acura and Audi. Knowing that winter was coming I inquired about the tires. Lexus and Audi performance tires are all season, but not Acura. So when I went to BMW I specifically asked about the tires because I knew that rear wheel drive in the snow is not like front wheel drive. They told me that you have to be carefull, but that I could have driven home with them. Since there was no other information regarding the tires I had to take their word for it. What would you have done
Well, I see what you're saying saying... some could be worse than others. They should have advised you better than to send you off in a snowstorm with those tires on. Still, there is no such thing as "all season" tires in Montreal, even with an AWD car you need the grip that only comes on tires meant to be used in cold temperatures. Now you know.

Sorry to hear about the suspension problem. Maybe call around and see if someone will give you a courtesy car? I haven't dealt with service yet at Jalbert but I've heard it is very good (ask stewthebassman - maybe he can give you a contact?) if you explain your situation maybe they can give you a loaner.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2006, 02:27 PM   #19
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

when they deliver the car they're supposed to go over everything with the customer. Most salesmen would just give them the keys and send them on their way. I am not surprised to hear that they didnt warn you about the performance tires.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2006, 02:56 PM   #20
Juve29
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet
So they told you to be carefull AND you got there

Whats the problem?

Should they tell you not to speed in the rain ?
Do you know the metal will get hot in the sun?
Dont touch the exhaust after the cars been runing a while, it may be hot.

Or the very funnny thing seen on cars in america:
"Objects in your mirror are closer than they appear"
I don't think you have snow in South Africa.

Yes they told me to be carefull, because all season tires are not that great in the snow, especially in a rear wheel drive car.
Driving in the snow with summer tires is suicidal.
Yes I got home in one piece, but tragedy could have happened. My life and that of other was put in danger. What you don't seem to understand is that I was driving in the snow thinking I had all season tires. DIVING IN THE SNOW IS NOT LIKE DRIVING IN THE RAIN.The car was slipping left and right I had no control whatsoever.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2006, 03:00 PM   #21
Juve29
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssam
mmmmmmm.....Canbec

they didn t let me test drive my car on the highway pretending there was too much trafic

I went the next morning to park Avenue and what a difference.....I test drove it as I wanted to and pushed it hardly without any problem.

2 days later the lease contract was signed

They lost one easy customer......and I m happy I went with Park avenue so far
Park Avenue is that in Brossard
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2006, 03:04 PM   #22
jflecha
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 06 330i

Garage List
2006 330I  [0.00]
When your talking to a salesman your not going to hear any negatives like "you know your going to need to buy snow tires if you get the sports package".

I didnt know either so I know how you feel, but before you picked up your car your salesman should have told you to wait untill the roads were clear because of the tires, the sale was pretty much done.

I know you hate your dealer but you should take it there and they should give you a loaner.