v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

AW 1M in Charlotte?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Seems like the numbers around here are growing. There are 3 of us that I know on the board, 1 that I'm pretty sure isn't...and then this person (who obviously did a ED). Looks great! had to park next to you when I went to BB the other day in Midtown...just for the hell of it (usually I park on the top floor, where nobody else is). So, does anyone know who's car this is?

Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 12:10 PM   #2
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

Beauty and the beast... Looks awesome!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #3
Mtxzptlk
Driving Dog
Rep
Drives: 635/1815, X3M Comp

ED Plate looks familiar.

I think the owner might have posted about their ED before.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 01:46 PM   #4
C'sM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i xdrive wagon

That's me!

Hey guys and gals,

That 1M would be mine! B-)

I placed a deposit on it at Hendrick BMW of Charlotte in early May and did European Delivery on it On July 18th!

It was an absolute blast! I was in Europe for 5 weeks! I drove down through Austria, Italy, took there ferry boat to Greece and was there for 4 weeks (I have family and friends there). And than I took the ferry boat back to Italy and went up the coast, and then through Switzerland, Austria, and back to Germany.

I than did Performance Car Delivery on it on October 10th.

These two experiences were amazing! I absolutely recommend doing both at least once in your life and if you buy a brand new BMW it's really hard to not justify at least the PCD (if you live on the East coast)

My car was pretty dirty when you took a picture of it. Anyways, keep me posted if you guys to a meet. I've been meaning to do cars and coffee in the past couple months but always have something come up. Hopefully, I can make it in January if the weather is good. Hopefully, we'll meet soon, Christopher
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 05:11 PM   #5
sean67
Private
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Brandon,

That makes six by my count. 4- VO's 1 - AW, and your BSM. The family is growing.

Sean
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 09:38 AM   #6
VPI2000
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 (August ED)

How about Raleigh area? I know of one at Leith and one at Performance (mine). However, still haven't seen another 1M on the road here.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 10:51 AM   #7
WULFFZA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i MSport / 2012 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'sM3 View Post
Hey guys and gals,

I placed a deposit on it at Hendrick BMW of Charlotte in early May and did European Delivery on it On July 18th!
May 2011? Good to see the numbers in NC growing. Though I can't help getting mad all over again at my ordeal with trying to get one of these. I ordered mine in December 2010 at Crown in Greensboro and after months (11) of being told to sit tight and wait it out, was told that allocations had ended and they only received one (I was not #1 on their list) I waited until September before beginning a dealer cold call process looking for a failed deal etc. After 40 (and having to put up with numerous unscrupulous time wasters) I gave up...

I cannot understand how BMW could miss the boat on the demand for this car, and being what it was, not ensure that these cars were first put in the hands of the enthusiasts who had followed the development from the beginning and were in early with orders, months before public debut. No way to treat your repeat customers who publicize the brand, contribute to forums, belong to the CCA and all that.

Sorry, old wound reopened. I need to write to BMWNA, can't change what's past, but does not help just ranting on a forum ofcourse.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 10:58 AM   #8
LeMansM5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'sM3 View Post
Hey guys and gals,

It was an absolute blast! I was in Europe for 5 weeks! I drove down through Austria, Italy, took there ferry boat to Greece and was there for 4 weeks (I have family and friends there). And than I took the ferry boat back to Italy and went up the coast, and then through Switzerland, Austria, and back to Germany.

I than did Performance Car Delivery on it on October 10th.

These two experiences were amazing! I absolutely recommend doing both at least once in your life and if you buy a brand new BMW it's really hard to not justify at least the PCD (if you live on the East coast)

My car was pretty dirty when you took a picture of it. Anyways, keep me posted if you guys to a meet. I've been meaning to do cars and coffee in the past couple months but always have something come up. Hopefully, I can make it in January if the weather is good. Hopefully, we'll meet soon, Christopher
Seems like Hendrick BMW have delivered quite a few 1Ms. Mine is also through them. And I know 2 others here.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 12:18 PM   #9
C'sM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WULFFZA View Post
May 2011? Good to see the numbers in NC growing. Though I can't help getting mad all over again at my ordeal with trying to get one of these. I ordered mine in December 2010 at Crown in Greensboro and after months (11) of being told to sit tight and wait it out, was told that allocations had ended and they only received one (I was not #1 on their list) I waited until September before beginning a dealer cold call process looking for a failed deal etc. After 40 (and having to put up with numerous unscrupulous time wasters) I gave up...

I cannot understand how BMW could miss the boat on the demand for this car, and being what it was, not ensure that these cars were first put in the hands of the enthusiasts who had followed the development from the beginning and were in early with orders, months before public debut. No way to treat your repeat customers who publicize the brand, contribute to forums, belong to the CCA and all that.

Sorry, old wound reopened. I need to write to BMWNA, can't change what's past, but does not help just ranting on a forum ofcourse.
I'm sorry about your bad experiences. My experience at Hendrick BMW of Charlotte was all good! This was my first new BMW purchase (Although I bought an '08 E90 M3 from their CPO lot). I think the biggest difference was that this dealership is one of the M Division's top sellers (in this area). From what I can tell I was their 4th allocation and I think they got a total of 5? So, some of it was just luck I guess? They also honored the ED price!! Over all I have been very pleased with the service I received from Hendrick BMW.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 12:19 PM   #10
C'sM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansM5 View Post
Seems like Hendrick BMW have delivered quite a few 1Ms. Mine is also through them. And I know 2 others here.
Congratulations on the car!! Hopefully we can meet up some time soon!! Maybe cars and coffee next Saturday, weather permitting.
Appreciate 0