BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-10-2009, 03:39 PM   #1
Verker
Private
Austria
Rep
Drives: MB C-Class 220 T-Model

Question [pic request] are there *any* space grey convertibles?

Hey folks,

i have been browsing large parts of this (great!) photo forum, i tried using the search both here and on google - still, i didnt find any decent pictures of space grey 1er convertibles yet Anyboby can help me out with his camera or with a link please?

I dont know about the US, but in central europe we can order the vert in space grey, at least thats what my online configurator tells me.

Story behind: Wifey and me have a hard time to agree on a color for our soon-to-be-ordered convertible. I'd pick jet black with beige (you call that taupe, right?) interior, but wifey "doesnt like black cars" And somehow i have a hard time to like her choice for bluewater metallic with black leather, eventhough i dont agree with others who call bluewater a girlish color. So, space grey seems to be a choice we could agree upon - but as written above we have a hard time to find any pics / vids. Please help us out!

Cheers,

Verker
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2009, 04:05 PM   #2
Verker
Private
Austria
Rep

Here s the best pics we have found so far (small dealer pics...), it seems in artificial light space grey looks a bit more like SGM (lighter though, not that deep in color either), while in direct sunlight it leans a lot more towards silver Is that the impression of you space grey owners as well?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2009, 04:38 PM   #3
jkp1187
Unindicted co-conspirator
United_States
Rep
Drives: to work, mostly.

I have to say - not a huge fan of how the convertible looks with the top up, but it actually looks good on space gray.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2009, 02:08 PM   #4
Verker
Private
Austria
Rep

Hmmm comeone, you space grey verts, i definitely know you are out there - stop lurking Do I have to order one myself to fit us with some nice pics?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 05:27 AM   #5
McGregor
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 120d coupe 2009 bsm

the sparkling graphite was muuuuuch prettier...
Appreciate 0