BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-03-2015, 10:52 PM   #1
ThereCanBeOnly1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Lame family vehicle

Nearly perfect 1M for sale in Naples

Just came across this one. Optioned exactly as I would want it- bluetooth, HK audio, and that's it. 14k miles. Looks immaculate.

But: I have never considered AW up to now, I guess I'd have to see it in person...

And the bigger but: dealer listed at 62k. Ugh. Anyone know this car? Started life in Miami, went to TX, and ended up in Naples.

http://www.blackhorsemotors.com/vehi...964c377663ef1/

Maybe I call and offer 56k?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2015, 06:03 AM   #2
sharmat
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 997 Carrera

Hey,
I'm sure it's a nice example but the price is too high.
Unfortunately the dealers are trying to cash in on these cars due to supposed supply and demand truth is there are many available. They are not selling at the ridiculous asking prices and the cars are sitting on dealer lots loosing warranty time. As a result many cars are going to auction Recent Wholesale selling prices have been between 50-55k depending on miles and condition/options. That being said I think your price of 56k tops 57k is more than fair if the dealers can stop being so greedy.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2015, 06:15 AM   #3
kubotarog
Private
Rep
Drives: VO 1M, '87 Porsche 911 Cpe

I think you are right on. Pristine cars with mileage under 20,000 are worth and are selling for $54 to $57K depending on options.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2015, 08:23 AM   #4
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

I've always thought AW looked great with blacklines and the BMWP spoiler.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 09:53 AM   #5
ThereCanBeOnly1
Private First Class
Rep

I just looked at the pics again this morning (because I sit here every morning and waste 30 minutes looking at 1Ms to buy.

I hadn't noticed before, but there are black grilles in front, and in the rear the diffuser is CF. Those are 2 mods I missed. Do any of you resident experts notice anything else? It might just be an optical illusion, but does the exhaust look lower on the the right-hand side?

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 09:59 AM   #6
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereCanBeOnly1 View Post
I just looked at the pics again this morning (because I sit here every morning and waste 30 minutes looking at 1Ms to buy.

I hadn't noticed before, but there are black grilles in front, and in the rear the diffuser is CF. Those are 2 mods I missed. Do any of you resident experts notice anything else? It might just be an optical illusion, but does the exhaust look lower on the the right-hand side?

haha...i think you're officially becoming obsessed in your shopping

it might just be the angle at which the photo is taken. the photo isn't completely straight, IMO.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 10:12 AM   #7
ThereCanBeOnly1
Private First Class
Rep

Beyond obsessed. My 3 year old son walked out to the garage a few days ago. He asked where daddy's race car was (my old E30). I said it was gone, someone else owns it. He said "Why?" I said because I am getting a new race car that he can ride in. He now asks me regularly where my race car is. I would say it is annoying, except I am thinking the same damn thing myself. As soon as the right car comes I am on it. If the White one in Tampa was Orange or Black and 57k I would have it in my driveway now. As it stands, even in white I may do it. I've been contemplating emailing an offer.

I've already been looking at options for wheels/tires to put on for DEs. Seems the biggest issue is tire rub on the front when you go square. I'd also love to fabricate a proper cooling duct setup for the stock brakes. Spec E30 guys use stock brakes with ducts, and the ducting makes a huge impact. Its also way cheaper than big brakes. Just have to run hoses from behind the inlets in the bumper and have them end in a plate aimed at the rotors. Haven't seen anyone do that with a 1M yet.
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2015, 10:26 AM   #8
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Beyond obsessed. My 3 year old son walked out to the garage a few days ago. He asked where daddy's race car was (my old E30). I said it was gone, someone else owns it. He said "Why?" I said because I am getting a new race car that he can ride in. He now asks me regularly where my race car is. I would say it is annoying, except I am thinking the same damn thing myself. As soon as the right car comes I am on it. If the White one in Tampa was Orange or Black and 57k I would have it in my driveway now. As it stands, even in white I may do it. I've been contemplating emailing an offer.

I've already been looking at options for wheels/tires to put on for DEs. Seems the biggest issue is tire rub on the front when you go square. I'd also love to fabricate a proper cooling duct setup for the stock brakes. Spec E30 guys use stock brakes with ducts, and the ducting makes a huge impact. Its also way cheaper than big brakes. Just have to run hoses from behind the inlets in the bumper and have them end in a plate aimed at the rotors. Haven't seen anyone do that with a 1M yet.
i shopped for a 1M for over a year....even on the LAST day when i was driving to go pick up my 1M, i had another dealer calling me negotiating on my bluetooth about a DIFFERENT 1M in Pennsylvania. It got so intense that i actually pulled over on the side of the road to negotiate with 2 different dealers about 2 different dealers while i was sitting in New York talking to a dealer in Connecticut and Pennsylvania on 2 different lines! LOL.

but can i tell you something? The second i drove off the lot in the 1M------all of that 1st world "stress" just went away. You see something you like...just go after it. The rest will sort itself out
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 12:31 PM   #9
flzrider
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:

Front gills are indeed gloss black.

Rear diffuser is original, not carbon fiber.

The right side of the exhaust sits slightly lower than the left on all 1Ms.

Hope this helps.
      04-06-2015, 04:05 PM   #10
Roundown
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flzrider
Quote:

Front gills are indeed gloss black.

Rear diffuser is original, not carbon fiber.

The right side of the exhaust sits slightly lower than the left on all 1Ms.

Hope this helps.
+1 if you look at my delivery thread, you'll see a slight diff in height between left and right.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 05:29 AM   #11
Em/1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M VO

Garage List
2019 VW GTI SE  [0.00]
2020 Tesla M3P  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:

I've already been looking at options for wheels/tires to put on for DEs. Seems the biggest issue is tire rub on the front when you go square. I'd also love to fabricate a proper cooling duct setup for the stock brakes. Spec E30 guys use stock brakes with ducts, and the ducting makes a huge impact. Its also way cheaper than big brakes. Just have to run hoses from behind the inlets in bumper and have them end in a plate aimed at the rotors. Haven't seen anyone do that with a 1M yet.
MDORPHIN has done the ducting maneuver and shows you how to do it somewhere on here!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 08:49 AM   #12
ThereCanBeOnly1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em/1 View Post
MDORPHIN has done the ducting maneuver and shows you how to do it somewhere on here!
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=702995

Excellent!!! This is literally exactly how I did my E30. I'm guessing the backing plates require either removal or modification of the in-place shields. Hopefully removal because I don't want to do anything that isn't reversible.

The only thing I did differently on my E30 was use industrial velcro straps instead of zip ties, the logic being the velcro was wide and softer, and less likely to slowly abrade itself through the hose.

This is a very good forum. I just need a damn car now.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 03:11 PM   #13
ThereCanBeOnly1
Private First Class
Rep

The more I look around, the more I wonder how these guys can seriously be pricing this at $62k.

Check out this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-1-Series...m=391107704329

Has 5k miles more, but also has 7 months more remaining on the original warranty. Only other difference is it has no bluetooth and no HK Stereo. It is $8k less, and its been on the market for awhile. Perhaps in person its messed up, I dunno.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 03:18 PM   #14
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

The pricing is nuts. The dealers are speculating and the cars will sit there for months using up the remaining warranty. Bums me out but the supply is
Lower at the
Moment so it is what it is
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 04:07 PM   #15
kubotarog
Private
Rep

The right price for low mileage cars, without CPO, is $52 to $56K. My advise, find a private seller, preferably one owner and you'll be able to deal in that range depending on options. There have been a few cars at non-BMW dealers that where priced high $50's but sold for $56K. What happens is private sellers don't get too much action and end up selling to dealers who then reach for very high markups. That's why finding a private seller with the right car is best, but requires patience.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 04:11 PM   #16
ThereCanBeOnly1
Private First Class
Rep

Damn you and your patience!!! Especially trying to get one with manual seats and bluetooth and no nav. I want my car now. This is America!!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 06:28 PM   #17
kubotarog
Private
Rep

No offense. It's like do you take a car off the lot, not exactly what you want, or order one exact that takes longer. The planets might line up tonight, or it may take a while. Life is often trade offs. I hope it works out for you.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 07:01 PM   #18
Roundown
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
The more I look around, the more I wonder how these guys can seriously be pricing this at $62k.

Has 5k miles more, but also has 7 months more remaining on the original warranty. Only other difference is it has no bluetooth and no HK Stereo. It is $8k less, and its been on the market for awhile. Perhaps in person its messed up, I dunno.
That eBay car at $53,999 is interesting, especially when you get down to this bit:

As a Supremely Certified Vehicle by VROOM , you will receive a 90-day/6,000 mile Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty , 1-Year of FREE roadside assistance and a 7-day/250-mile Money Back Guarantee.

I don't know anything about 'Vroom' or what a warranty from them is worth (particularly if you're not local)... but 7-day/250-mile put is certainly not something you'll get in a private sale.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 07:27 PM   #19
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:

3 owners on a 19k car? NO THANKS.

it's worth it to spend a few thousand extra $$ to get the right car. you're going to keep it for a while.....so just buy what you want and spend a little extra if you need to. This car is worth it, IMO!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 08:26 PM   #20
ThereCanBeOnly1
Private First Class
Rep

62k is too much. There is a loaded 1M in San Francisco with under 3k miles for 66k.

They also have this on eBay. With a 62k or best offer listing. Does this mean that if I offer 57 and nobody goes higher then I get it? Of course, I'm sure they would cancel the listing a day early or have a shill bidder.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 08:30 PM   #21
Roundown
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
62k is too much. There is a loaded 1M in San Francisco with under 3k miles for 66k.

They also have this on eBay. With a 62k or best offer listing. Does this mean that if I offer 57 and nobody goes higher then I get it? Of course, I'm sure they would cancel the listing a day early or have a shill bidder.
Why not reach out and ask?
Appreciate 0