BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-01-2012, 05:00 PM   #111
Cope
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' VO 1M, 17' LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsquare8 View Post
As for the grill - looks like they took the center from the performance grill and added the chrome from the normal grill. These are actually two seperate parts in the assembly. Dealer will make an inquiry next week.
Ray beat me to it, but both of my cars have the Chrome surround-black inserts, straight from the factory.
      09-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #112
miamimbear
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d 2013 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray731 View Post
I agree about sticking together. I like the idea so we can see if there are "differences" with the first few "is" models out. Overall I love my car and it is beautiful. I just want to make sure everything that is "supposed" to be on it is.

-Ray
Ok Guys... my car is at the VPC in GA, not far from Miami. Estimated delivery on the system is 9/14 but dealer says it should be here sooner.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 08:22 AM   #113
Sleeps
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is LBM 6MT

Garage List
2013 BMW 135is  [10.00]
2006 Mini Cooper S  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamimbear View Post
Ok Guys... my car is at the VPC in GA, not far from Miami. Estimated delivery on the system is 9/14 but dealer says it should be here sooner.
I don't get it.. My car arrived at the Port of NY/NJ on August 23 2012 and my CA is telling me that its on hold due to the EPA.. The dealer is only about 30 miles from the port. If you get your car before me that will be interesting. Mine has been at the docks for over 2 weeks. Not very happy right now.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 08:32 AM   #114
miamimbear
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flew The View Post
I don't get it.. My car arrived at the Port of NY/NJ on August 23 2012 and my CA is telling me that its on hold due to the EPA.. The dealer is only about 30 miles from the port. If you get your car before me that will be interesting. Mine has been at the docks for over 2 weeks. Not very happy right now.
That does not make sense to me. I think the EPA needs to issue a certificate for "new" engines before cars can be realesed (meaning engines that are new to the US). My 2011 X5d was held up for a while waiting for California to certify the emissions since BMW had modified the engine from the previous year.

Since people have already taken delivery of their cars, including people in the NE, it would seem to me that any EPA cert would have already been issued. Its possible that I am wrong about this, maybe somone else knows more about the process.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #115
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Don't want to freak you out but this could be the canned response that the dealers are told to give when the car sustains minor damage in transport. Remember, they don't have to tell you about any damage that is less than 10% of the price of the car. That is $4,500 to $5,500 in damage tolerance for a car like this. I would give your car a very thorough look before driving off the lot.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #116
miamimbear
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Don't want to freak you out but this could be the canned response that the dealers are told to give when the car sustains minor damage in transport. Remember, they don't have to tell you about any damage that is less than 10% of the price of the car. That is $4,500 to $5,500 in damage tolerance for a car like this. I would give your car a very thorough look before driving off the lot.
I was thinking that it could be an issue like this
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #117
Sleeps
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 135is  [10.00]
Quote:
I was thinking that it could be an issue like this
Ohhhh boy... I am about to shoot my CA a email to figure this crap out.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #118
cpsquare8
Private
Rep
Drives: 135is

Quote:
That does not make sense to me. I think the EPA needs to issue a certificate for "new" engines before cars can be realesed (meaning engines that are new to the US). My 2011 X5d was held up for a while waiting for California to certify the emissions since BMW had modified the engine from the previous year.

Since people have already taken delivery of their cars, including people in the NE, it would seem to me that any EPA cert would have already been issued. Its possible that I am wrong about this, maybe somone else knows more about the process.
My car was on the same boat. 135is Manual trans. I took delivery on 8-31 and my dealer (near PHL) was doing everything to make sure he delivered it by month end - and I mean everything including getting all the paperwork done early. It hit his lot on the 30th at 2pm. The service advisor was desperate to make the delivery - money in his pocket and the #th vehicle for his month end compensation. There was a fear that the hold could be placed but several cars made it through earlier-the start of this thread. What they are telling you is certainly possible, but highly unlikely given that at least 4 or 5 cars on that boat and prior are driving around right now. Damage as described above is pretty rare - of course it can happen. Just realize the dealer wants to deliver this car more than you want to get it. Your SA wants to deliver it even more than the dealership. Their economic interest is not very well served by delaying delivery and their reputation is not very well served by not telling you factual information. One question - auto or manual trans - that could make a big difference.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #119
Sleeps
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 135is  [10.00]
Quote:
My car was on the same boat. 135is Manual trans. I took delivery on 8-31 and my dealer (near PHL) was doing everything to make sure he delivered it by month end - and I mean everything including getting all the paperwork done early. It hit his lot on the 30th at 2pm. The service advisor was desperate to make the delivery - money in his pocket and the #th vehicle for his month end compensation. There was a fear that the hold could be placed but several cars made it through earlier-the start of this thread. What they are telling you is certainly possible, but highly unlikely given that at least 4 or 5 cars on that boat and prior are driving around right now. Damage as described above is pretty rare - of course it can happen. Just realize the dealer wants to deliver this car more than you want to get it. Your SA wants to deliver it even more than the dealership. Their economic interest is not very well served by delaying delivery and their reputation is not very well served by not telling you factual information. One question - auto or manual trans - that could make a big difference.
It's a 6 speed manual trans. It came in on Topeka ship 8/23/12. Not sure if the car is being held because of NY EPA laws..
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #120
drinkcoke3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i + F25 X3 35i FBO

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flew The
Quote:
It's a 6 speed manual trans. It came in on Topeka ship 8/23/12. Not sure if the car is being held because of NY EPA laws..
My car was on the Topeka but it was not an is model, just a 135i coupe. I got the car by the end of the month if I recall correctly.
2013 135i Coupe / LMB on Oyster / 6 Speed / BMWP Front Bumper, Side Skirts, Suspension, Electonic Steering Wheel V2, and CF Rear Spoiler / Jb4 G5 ISO / BMS Intake / ActiveAutowerke Downpipe, Axleback, Intercooler, Strut Bar / BMS CDV Mod / F30 Performance Shift Knob/E-Brake Handle + Bimmian Alcentara Boots / MS8 + JL600/6 + JX500/1 Powering a JL 10w3 in Custom Trunk Box
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #121
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ToBeOn2Wheels View Post
Interesting how the tray/power outlet (above the shifter) is covered with a door. It's that way on my 2008, but if I recall, they stopped putting the door in later years and just left it as an open hole/tray, which looks unbelievably cheap IMO. I wonder if this is only for 135is models or if they reverted back for the last year of production.

Also, I had Carbon Black on my M3. It is an awesome color that transforms depending on what kind of lighting is hitting the paint. I would get it again in a heartbeat.
Its not about year of production it depends do you have smoking package or not. And is there ashtray or not...
Is it so difficult to understand...
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #122
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flew The View Post

That's really not unusual for Bayonne. Took mine many weeks to get from there to the dealer.
      09-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #123
miamimbear
Rep

Ok... I picked my car up today CB/Oyster, DCT, Pretty much all the candy. No surprises as far as equipment, CB mirrors in body color, rubber pedals except the dead pedal (which sucks btw, they should be stainless imo), no black chrome on exhaust which is fine because i think the exhaust looks great, grill like everyone else's.
The sound is spectacular.
I took some pics to post, given how many other pics are up does anyone need to see more? Happy to post if so, just don't want to be redundant.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #124
andnkuhn
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i.N55.6SPD.M-SPORT

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
of course post pics!
      09-18-2012, 06:40 AM   #125
J Lau
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46, E82 ,E89, G30

i am glad they put the cover back on the tray!
      09-18-2012, 06:47 AM   #126
ray731
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Carbon Black 135is

Quote:
Ok... I picked my car up today CB/Oyster, DCT, Pretty much all the candy. No surprises as far as equipment, CB mirrors in body color, rubber pedals except the dead pedal (which sucks btw, they should be stainless imo), no black chrome on exhaust which is fine because i think the exhaust looks great, grill like everyone else's.
The sound is spectacular.
I took some pics to post, given how many other pics are up does anyone need to see more? Happy to post if so, just don't want to be redundant.
Post some pics! BTW that sucks about the pedals. I guess the auto cars don't get the pedals. I agree about the exhaust! It looks and sounds awesome! I love my car, the only thing was I wanted to make sure it came the way it was supposed to. On the survey I got from BMW I expressed my feelings about the fact the website doesn't match how the cars come. Maybe they will fix that by model end. lol Enjoy the car!

-Ray