BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-16-2012, 03:28 PM   #23
david.orr
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde
It's just 60 Ks .. don't sweat it.
+2 your rants are coming across as angling for 'reasonable compensation' ?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #24
Convert
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MW F80 (6MT)

Just got off the phone with the SM, all is good (and well, I'm kinda over it now). I had asked them to isolate a rattle in the back during the service, which meant they were trying to find it and fix it, hence the extra kays. He didn't sound too happy when I suggested the techs were having a bit of fun in my car so I guess that wasn't the case.

I guess I can also take solace in the fact that I was given an M3 for two nights while my car was in...
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #25
MickyD
(Damned or Belated)
Rep
Drives: Le Mans Blue 120D M Manual

and how many K's did you put on this M3?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #26
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Good that it is all sorted and clarified

To those who think taking your car for a joy ride is okay - it is not about the kays or the cost of kays, it is about that your private property and trust being violated.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 05:28 PM   #27
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert View Post
Just got off the phone with the SM, all is good (and well, I'm kinda over it now). I had asked them to isolate a rattle in the back during the service, which meant they were trying to find it and fix it, hence the extra kays. He didn't sound too happy when I suggested the techs were having a bit of fun in my car so I guess that wasn't the case.

I guess I can also take solace in the fact that I was given an M3 for two nights while my car was in...
Which dealer has M3's as loan cars?
I'll be taking my car there for servicing!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #28
timbo_3101
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slow

Sorry to hear about early issues re interior quality and now 60km servicing ...

Heard about some negative experiences at Doncaster; personally have found Bib Stillwell to be similarly unfortunate. (Southern BM excellent.)

But an M3 loan car sounds extravagant - I am always forced to walk or tram after dropping off a vehicle!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #29
Moocow
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [9.00]
I'll be booking my car in for service tomorrow if I can get a M3 loaner!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #30
Convert
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MW F80 (6MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyD View Post
and how many K's did you put on this M3?
Let's just say I had to fill it up a bit (I know, I know, I shouldn't be complaining ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post

To those who think taking your car for a joy ride is okay - it is not about the kays or the cost of kays, it is about that your private property and trust being violated.
Agree 100% Steve, I would hate to spend so long running the car in carefully, painfully avoiding the M button, and then having that first special moment taken away by some prick <insert analogy here>. So hopefully they didn't do any of that.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 01:45 AM   #31
Newby
1Mtech
Rep
Drives: BMW

What was your initial complaint regarding the rattle? At what speed, road condition does/did it occur? You have to keep in mind, if they were unsuccessful in rectifying the rattle the first, possibly second time(etc) the technician may have needed to go on several road tests. Depending on when the fault occurred, it may have been necessary to find appropriate road to ensure the fault was rectified.

Has the dealer done anything previously to ruin your trust in them? I'm not sure if I missed it, but what was the SM's reason for the 60ks? Was it the extensive road tests to ensure the car was fixed the first time?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 02:03 AM   #32
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post

I know what you mean Steve. However, it's a car and it did what it was meant to. Even if it was thrashed it makes hardly any difference. All I'm saying is, if this all you have worry about - you have it pretty good, so enjoy that!

Maybe I'm just desensitised, handing over all our company vehicles to people who have very little respect for their own property let alone others...
      12-17-2012, 02:20 AM   #33
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by alik01 View Post
I know what you mean Steve. However, it's a car and it did what it was meant to. Even if it was thrashed it makes hardly any difference. All I'm saying is, if this all you have worry about - you have it pretty good, so enjoy that!

Maybe I'm just desensitised, handing over all our company vehicles to people who have very little respect for their own property let alone others...
True.. But we all seem to have valid points of view, as to how we would like our property treated, once it leaves our sight..

OT: Respect..hahaha..Try owning a Fitness centre mate..
Members seem to trash everything from cardio equipment to the bathrooms..lol.

I cringe whilst watching some member using a new piece of equipment with disregard.. from $14K treadmils to our latest $8.5K Hammer Strength series machines..
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 03:49 AM   #34
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep

So you complain to the SA about putting 60ks on your car when they give you a loaner that retails for what 70k more? And you've had it two days? hehehe. Enjoy the 120d loaner next time!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 04:48 AM   #35
Newby
1Mtech
Rep

Why would he get a 120d loaner next time? If the dealer has his car, haven't finished the repair he is in all rights to use the loan vehicle as if it was his own. Regardless of the price tag.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 05:07 AM   #36
Wrniknbl
It's just not cricket
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

I've come back to my car after a car wash, turned the engine on and found the temps nice and warm. Don't think it's isolated to service centres.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 05:10 AM   #37
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

They are cars, meant to be driven! And BMW's entry level model. Not rare historic investments!

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #38
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newby View Post
Why would he get a 120d loaner next time? If the dealer has his car, haven't finished the repair he is in all rights to use the loan vehicle as if it was his own. Regardless of the price tag.
Its the complaining part with little to no basis that doesn't sit well with S/A's. If you are within your rights, no problem. If you complain they are essentially joyriding in your car when you've asked them to find a specific problem, and they've given you a car for 2 days that's worth substantially more then yeah, they aren't going to be throwing the keys over to easily to the same thing next time.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #39
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
True.. But we all seem to have valid points of view, as to how we would like our property treated, once it leaves our sight..

OT: Respect..hahaha..Try owning a Fitness centre mate..
Members seem to trash everything from cardio equipment to the bathrooms..lol.

I cringe whilst watching some member using a new piece of equipment with disregard.. from $14K treadmils to our latest $8.5K Hammer Strength series machines..
Definitely agree Joe. It's up to each individual in regards to what they deem acceptable. I agree with you guys and mistreating someone else's property whether they're around or not should not acceptable. That said, as far I am concerned it doesn't do any damage and it's really not something you have much control over, so I don't sweat it!

OT: I can definitely imagine your pain. I use to watch those apes handle some of the equipment at gyms and it's pretty shocking. Your depreciation schedule must be atrocious relative to asset value.

I sometimes cry when I see the state of our $200k rigs at the end of the week - that said the boys do a great job of cleaning it all up and getting ready for the next week.
      12-17-2012, 04:54 PM   #40
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
They are cars, meant to be driven! And BMW's entry level model. Not rare historic investments!
if a little hard driving is gonna break it then you might want to consider a different make/model, otherwise whats the problem

Like no ones ever taken a little liberty
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #41
JB4-335
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW

A good friend of mine use to be a SA at a Sydney dealership and he would bring the nice car's home all the time. He often came over and picked me up and we gave these car's a real beating. We were considerate enough to re-fuel the car for what we had used...only sometimes.

Moral of the story is don't sweat it. It happens everyday. These BMW's including the 1M are far from collectors car's.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #42
3lucidus
Eat Sleep Trance
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP

this is why i'd never go to a stealer... regardless if they give you an M3. you expect your car will be treated with respect and care. what happens when they give your car a beating, you get it back and a week later it has a massive issue and cost you through the nose. lucky my mates head mechanic at a place on the beaches, wouldnt trust anybody else.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 09:42 PM   #43
MickyD
(Damned or Belated)
Rep
Drives: Le Mans Blue 120D M Manual

FWIW, when my car was getting the engine work done under warranty (5 weeks work....), I had an X1 loaner. It had 16km on it when they gave it to me, and about 3500km's on it when I gave it back...!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #44
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyD View Post
FWIW, when my car was getting the engine work done under warranty (5 weeks work....), I had an X1 loaner. It had 16km on it when they gave it to me, and about 3500km's on it when I gave it back...!
Ouch

I wonder if there's a dealer's forum where they complain about customers joy riding their loan cars! There's no faster car in the world than a rental .. closely followed by a loan car!
Appreciate 0