BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-19-2008, 04:55 PM   #1
sadu77
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Test drive 135i

So i test drove a sapphire black/coral red auto trani 135i today. It was raining so id didnt really get to push it on the highway. everything you have read about this car is true! unfortunately the so is the understeer but im over it. b when i got off the highwat we found a nice long stretch of road. I put the car in sport mode and let her rip. this car definitely does 0-60 in 5.0! i was amazed at how much torque this car had. it really begs you to give it more gas. it is unreal. i cant wait to drive a standard model! everything about this car was better than i thought it would be. it wa depressing to have to leave her. i dont even think this car needs the dinan buuuuuut im gonna do it anyway.
Gray Poplar Trim
Nav system
Comfort access
Power/Heated seats
Sattelite radio
Ipod
Production number 398****
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2008, 06:22 PM   #2
atr_hugo
No longer moderate
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

I too drove a sapphire black/coral red auto 135i today. Pushed the engine a bit (not above 4500 though). Didn't push the handling. I take back all the nice things I said about the automagic tranny - I was hoping for better. It is NOT close to a DSG or a manual for that matter. Nice gearbox, but definitely an automatic.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2008, 06:33 PM   #3
Troyn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by atr_hugo View Post
I too drove a sapphire black/coral red auto 135i today. Pushed the engine a bit (not above 4500 though). Didn't push the handling. I take back all the nice things I said about the automagic tranny - I was hoping for better. It is NOT close to a DSG or a manual for that matter. Nice gearbox, but definitely an automatic.
That's what I figured. I was surprised at how well Audi's DSG functions - and I have been slightly disappointed with the recent BMW automatics I've driven. Still a good transmission on the 135 from what I've been reading, but I'm glad I ordered a MT.

Thank you for the info!
Appreciate 0