BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-10-2010, 07:28 AM   #89
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: TBD

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0002s View Post
No, you haven't given me a date.

How long did the install take you? We need to update jb.
Right around 45-50 minutes. As far as the JB goes, you need to confirm whether you have a v2 or v3 board. If I come down and it's not a v3, there's nothing we can do without having you send it out to Terry first (you need a v3 board to run a v2.0 chip)...
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 07:50 AM   #90
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r View Post
Every time you ask, I delay it another week.

In all seriousness... we should have a Right hand drive prototype in about 2-3 weeks time.
Hey mate how are the RHD units coming along
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 09:32 AM   #91
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsherri View Post
Right around 45-50 minutes. As far as the JB goes, you need to confirm whether you have a v2 or v3 board. If I come down and it's not a v3, there's nothing we can do without having you send it out to Terry first (you need a v3 board to run a v2.0 chip)...
Give me a date on coming down. I will have it out, send pics, and serviced before then.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 04:52 PM   #92
clutchcargo
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i M Sport, Black.

Anyone interested in an RHD version, register your interest here: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6701850
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2010, 08:32 PM   #93
radiantm3
Apex Everything!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
Just wanted to add to all the great reviews. Installed today. Getting through the firewall was a pain, but everything else was smooth sailing. Great packaging, and everything is very well-designed. Well worth the purchase.

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2010, 02:34 PM   #94
davemohan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

I'll add one more endorsement. Looks and works great, highly configurable, and the peak recall is truly valuable.

An easy way to get through the firewall is to superglue a 1 foot section of coat hanger about a half inch into the vacuum tube. Bend the wire into a long quarter-circle arc and stick it through the hole you made in the boot. Very easy to maneuver the wire through the firewall and pull the hose on through, then clip off the half inch with the hanger in it.

And wrap the vacuum and power modules in foam so there's no chance of rattles.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 11:16 PM   #95
acivick
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Dinan Sedona 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Just installed mine today. I can definitely add to the kudos.

For the firewall, we used the tape and pull through method with a metal hanger. Seemed to work pretty well, especially after unseating that one rubber section next to the break fluid cover.

I only had a couple minor issues. The first is more of an annoyance - we were unable to find the Y tube originally, since it was moved under the air box when that was replaced. The second took a few minutes to fix. Somehow, the PCB with the digital display was slightly askew, and it was creating enough friction with the transparent plastic window that the button was stuck down. This forced it to go to config mode every time it was turned on. Had to remove the transparent plastic piece and reseat the PCB to make it work right. My only suggestion would be to find some way to mount it more securely to the inside of the vent and it won't be a potential problem any more.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 10:14 PM   #96
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

Thanks for the feedback guys... because for a limited time the units are pre-assembled in the OEM vent before shipping, we do our best to protect it from the shocks of shipping (bubblewap, peanuts, and sectioned box)... but it will be vulnerable to slams and bangs of shipping regardless.

the custom laser cut and machine bent metal bracket that holds the circuit board in place is VERY secure with any standard forces, the only way to dislodge it is to slam the gauge upside down... which would never happen in the car

I might look into putting a dab of glue on the pre-assembled units just for shipping purposes.

Glad to hear everyone is loving it the gauge! I have them in stock ready to go now!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 10:38 AM   #97
acivick
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Dinan Sedona 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
I'm having a very minor issue with the foam on the right side of the display sticking up over the plastic viewing shield. It even had that problem before I reseated it. Any ideas how to correct that other than just gluing that side down?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 10:59 AM   #98
knguyen
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i, light edition

I'm pretty pumped guys. I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago. Can't wait to get mine, although I have contacted P3 about ETA and have not heard back. I'll let you know my thoughts when I get mine.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 12:19 PM   #99
RiXst3r
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by acivick View Post
I'm having a very minor issue with the foam on the right side of the display sticking up over the plastic viewing shield. It even had that problem before I reseated it. Any ideas how to correct that other than just gluing that side down?
The black tape is just for looks, it was a last minute addition.

We use a different foam now... so that issue should not be on future versions. E-mail us a contact@p3cars.com and we can give you some options for keeping it in place.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 12:20 PM   #100
RiXst3r
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by knguyen View Post
I'm pretty pumped guys. I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago. Can't wait to get mine, although I have contacted P3 about ETA and have not heard back. I'll let you know my thoughts when I get mine.
PM me your order info... all pending orders were shipped as of last week we had nothing in waiting.

-Rick
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 02:55 PM   #101
knguyen
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i, light edition

PM Sent
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2010, 08:12 AM   #102
BahamaBart
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Took the car to the dealer for it started running ruff. It appears that I have a mis-fire issue. They took pictures of the gauge connection (i.e. boost/vac line) and sent it off to BMW for warranty approval because the car was modified. LOL.

Munich now knows the name P3CARS ! A team of German engineers are pouring over the pictures as I type trying to figure out how or if the T-connection caused the mis-fire.

I had forgotten why I stopped buying BMWs, worse dealer experience possible. Did I mention they have had the car for a week.
Exterior Bling| Kerscher splitter |
Interior Bling | Bimmian pedals | 3P Cars gauage |
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2010, 08:24 AM   #103
RiXst3r
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamaBart View Post
Took the car to the dealer for it started running ruff. It appears that I have a mis-fire issue. They took pictures of the gauge connection (i.e. boost/vac line) and sent it off to BMW for warranty approval because the car was modified. LOL.

Munich now knows the name P3CARS ! A team of German engineers are pouring over the pictures as I type trying to figure out how or if the T-connection caused the mis-fire.

I had forgotten why I stopped buying BMWs, worse dealer experience possible. Did I mention they have had the car for a week.
Ridiculous... hopefully they pull their heads out of the arses soon enough for ya... that is crazy. Do they think it is a tune or something? Did you tell them it's just a freakin boost gauge! lol...

Reminds me of when I got a call last year saying "your car has a hardwired radar detector, we can't work on the car until it is stock"... I was like, WTF...

Misfires are a known issue on the n54, sucks they would go to the trouble of trying to shift the blame to something like a T connection that would have NO possible bearing on the issue whatsoever. It's like saying a bumper sticker caused your HPFP to fail... I would think they would be more worried about your aftermarket exhaust...

Did they happen to notice that we used an OEM bmw T

Last edited by RiXst3r; 02-21-2010 at 08:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2010, 04:51 PM   #104
BahamaBart
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r View Post
Ridiculous... hopefully they pull their heads out of the arses soon enough for ya... that is crazy. Do they think it is a tune or something? Did you tell them it's just a freakin boost gauge! lol...

Reminds me of when I got a call last year saying "your car has a hardwired radar detector, we can't work on the car until it is stock"... I was like, WTF...

Misfires are a known issue on the n54, sucks they would go to the trouble of trying to shift the blame to something like a T connection that would have NO possible bearing on the issue whatsoever. It's like saying a bumper sticker caused your HPFP to fail... I would think they would be more worried about your aftermarket exhaust...

Did they happen to notice that we used an OEM bmw T

They really do have their heads up their ass.

My experience so far - My first appointment was an oil change. I booked it via their website. It said that 7:30 am was available so I book it. Unfortunately, they open at 8:30 am on saturdays! They said oooops but would take care of me. I do 100 miles a day and have 13,000 miles on the car. They look at the car and say that the oil change light is not on and that they will not change the oil until it comes on! So I leave. Two days later the light comes on. I book another appointment VIA the PHONE this time. Saturday, first appointment - two hours to change the oil.

3rd appointment - over 1 week they have the car. First we are booked, then the mechanic quits and another needs to be assigned. They don't know what the first mechanic did or did not do! Pictures sent to BMW - awaiting approval.

The worst thing about this car is that it is a BMW.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2010, 01:26 PM   #105
warpanda
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW/CR 135i

Will this boost gauge work for the N55?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2010, 02:12 PM   #106
HotSauce
Citizen Snips
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red 2009 BMW 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
They really do have their heads up their ass.

My experience so far - My first appointment was an oil change. I booked it via their website. It said that 7:30 am was available so I book it. Unfortunately, they open at 8:30 am on saturdays! They said oooops but would take care of me. I do 100 miles a day and have 13,000 miles on the car. They look at the car and say that the oil change light is not on and that they will not change the oil until it comes on! So I leave. Two days later the light comes on. I book another appointment VIA the PHONE this time. Saturday, first appointment - two hours to change the oil.

3rd appointment - over 1 week they have the car. First we are booked, then the mechanic quits and another needs to be assigned. They don't know what the first mechanic did or did not do! Pictures sent to BMW - awaiting approval.

The worst thing about this car is that it is a BMW.

BahamaBart, what was the outcome of this? Did BMW really void your warranty due to your boost gauge?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2010, 03:22 PM   #107
Bullitt
Major
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:

So what was their verdict?
Did they end up blaming the gauge or T-connection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
BahamaBart, what was the outcome of this? Did BMW really void your warranty due to your boost gauge?
+1
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 08:57 AM   #108
audi2bmw1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 montego 135i/acura vigor

But!?

Will this gauge do more than boost. Like a/f ratios. Since I believe we have wideband instead of narrow which sucks. It should be able to be a turbo timer,af ratios, battery voltage, EGT, coolant and oil temp etc. Are there any plans of this??? It would be worth the 400 then but without that it's def over priced.

Devils own water/meth dealer-PM me for info
former car/ 2001 audi TT ~290bhp :w00t:
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 09:29 AM   #109
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

I just installed two of these on customers cars over the last few weeks and have to say its a great kit and super high quality. The tune integration for map switching is great and it comes with evereything you need.

The install is simple but time consuming. I would budget 1-1.5hours especially if installing the map switching.

Great job Rix!!

Mike
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 09:36 AM   #110
BahamaBart
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
Just realized a question was asked - NO they did not void warranty, just fussed. Bunch of sissy little girls. My problem was at the end of the day HPFP, kinda hard to argue that the cause was a t connector.

PS - gauge works flawlessly.
Appreciate 0