BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-17-2007, 12:20 PM   #23
M00C0W25
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
It's probably close to the ED invoice price, but the ED invoice price is moot, unless you're doing an ED in a couple years from now. These things are going to be selling for close to sticker price for quite a while.

My cousin is the service manager at a local BMW dealership, so while I don't have a realistic expectation of getting invoice, I figure $1K over would be close (most people say $1200 is average). I am also not going to be leasing it until 2009.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2007, 01:48 PM   #24
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Question for IRV or anybody that knows. WHAT IS THE WHOLESALE PRICE OF THE 135i? From what I read, that is where you should start negotiating up on your ED price. :iono:
      12-17-2007, 03:46 PM   #25
IrvRobinson2
Banned
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post
Question for IRV or anybody that knows. WHAT IS THE WHOLESALE PRICE OF THE 135i? From what I read, that is where you should start negotiating up on your ED price. :iono:
yeah, from the invoice up, that's how everyone negotiates.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2007, 03:49 PM   #26
Fast Kiwi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Si Z4R & Si X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post

here's the goss on that question..
just subtract about 7% from m.s.r.p but remember a few things, this doesnt cover p.d.i, maco, (or in my case) commisions... and anytime you hear some one say "yeah but what about dealer money" the truth.. even if there is some dealer money, the sales person doesnt see it, and neither does the sales manager in most cases so its silly to even take that into consideration..

evryday some one buys a car from me and spends just a little more (oftern only a hundred or two dollars more) because you cant cheap your self out of a sales person and dealership you can depend on. if ever there is a problem, can you get a loaner? will your sales person still be there or even care??
money cant buy the kind of serivce you SHOULD get when buying a new BMW. (or pre-loved for that matter)

sorry to ramble, just take this into consideration.. its not a RULE.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2007, 04:04 PM   #27
adrian's bmw
Here to help
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330Cic

With the 1 now having to come out of center allocation and initial limited allocation, be prepared to pay ED MSRP if you plan on picking one up this Spring or Summer.

You might be able to utilize this invoice up approach on other models, but for the near and foreseeable future, unfortunately, the 1 can't play that.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 12:13 AM   #28
rossii
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: with wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast kiwi View Post
here's the goss on that question..
just subtract about 7% from m.s.r.p but remember a few things, this doesnt cover p.d.i, maco, (or in my case) commisions... and anytime you hear some one say "yeah but what about dealer money" the truth.. even if there is some dealer money, the sales person doesnt see it, and neither does the sales manager in most cases so its silly to even take that into consideration..

evryday some one buys a car from me and spends just a little more (oftern only a hundred or two dollars more) because you cant cheap your self out of a sales person and dealership you can depend on. if ever there is a problem, can you get a loaner? will your sales person still be there or even care??
money cant buy the kind of serivce you SHOULD get when buying a new BMW. (or pre-loved for that matter)

sorry to ramble, just take this into consideration.. its not a RULE.
BMW doesnt have "Dealer money" or "holdback" the dealership gets paid on CSI which is a huge amount. As for MACO ED doesnt have it plus you get FREE carpet mats. The 135 is going to be hot so I wouldnt expect less than $500 off initially. Once supply is there they will be whored out by salesman who cant sell.
      12-18-2007, 12:15 AM   #29
rossii
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian's bmw View Post
With the 1 now having to come out of center allocation and initial limited allocation, be prepared to pay ED MSRP if you plan on picking one up this Spring or Summer.
Is that right? I havent seen that for the run of the mill BMW..... What kind of allocations are you getting?
      12-18-2007, 07:32 AM   #30
adrian's bmw
Here to help
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossii View Post
Is that right? I havent seen that for the run of the mill BMW..... What kind of allocations are you getting?
Allocation hasn't been distributed yet, but I see the 1 being like Mini.. margins so thin that discounts will be unthinkable.

Not sure yet, but we'll see.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 09:03 AM   #31
Fast Kiwi
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
BMW doesnt have "Dealer money" or "holdback" the dealership gets paid on CSI which is a huge amount. As for MACO ED doesnt have it plus you get FREE carpet mats. The 135 is going to be hot so I wouldnt expect less than $500 off initially. Once supply is there they will be whored out by salesman who cant sell.
what??
first off, my reference to "dealer money" was infact CSI and alike, not everone on here knows all the terms etc etc.. and if you're talking about ED in particular.. the dealership gets even less "help" there is 0 incentive (but to help a customer out) to do a ED when its coming from allocation and they know they can sell it on the ground.

secondly.. ahh, you dont get mats.. (unless you buy a 5 series or other BMW that comes with mats std... which will not be the case in the 1er.. where are you getting this? are you one of the so called "salesmen who cant sell" or you just an ill informed customer?

yes, less the $500 is most likly right (if at all).. but i doubt they will ever get "whored" out by bad sales people as there are many skilled sales managers.. who know much better..

sorry for the flamming everone but c'mon..
if you know what your talking about, post it.. if not.. just read.

and i posted the allocation.. we as a med size dealership will see 15 cars total..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 09:12 AM   #32
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

As for free mats, I think Rossii was referring to the free mats you've always gotten if you do an ED.

As far as Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) figures go, you're probably better off not explaining those, other than the defacto: "it's archaic, but we need all 5's or we fail, lose allocations, and make less money".

By the way, if you have a list of these bad sales people/bad sales manager combo dealers who want to be "whoring" these cars out... please don't keep it a secret. :wink:
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 09:31 AM   #33
Fast Kiwi
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
As for free mats, I think Rossii was referring to the free mats you've always gotten if you do an ED.

As far as Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) figures go, you're probably better off not explaining those, other than the defacto: "it's archaic, but we need all 5's or we fail, lose allocations, and make less money".

By the way, if you have a list of these bad sales people/bad sales manager combo dealers who want to be "whoring" these cars out... please don't keep it a secret. :wink:

yes, please do tell.. i wana send some hate mail this xmas...
but i still stick to my comment.. you dont get "free" mats in a ED unless the car comes with them.. i just called our rep on this coz i kinda started to doubt myself on it and yip.. no free mats.. I only do a limited amount of ED every year but thats the norm..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 09:49 AM   #34
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Something must've changed in the past few months regarding ED then, because they've given free mats for EDs for quite a long time. I took mine out of my car in Madrid (along with the first aid kit and warning triangle), and took them back home myself, only to find a new set of them in the car on redelivery.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 10:27 AM   #35
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:

yes, less the $500 is most likly right (if at all).. but i doubt they will ever get "whored" out by bad sales people as there are many skilled sales managers.. who know much better..
Just like they knew what they were doing with the Z4M's right. What a joke. Those cars are going for over 10k off msrp. BMW better tread softly and get their heads out there asses. I'm sure ED will be offered at some point. It needs to be offered NOW.
      12-18-2007, 11:29 AM   #36
Fast Kiwi
First Lieutenant
Rep

[quote=onehots2k;45019]

Quote:

Just like they knew what they were doing with the Z4M's right. What a joke. Those cars are going for over 10k off msrp. BMW better tread softly and get their heads out there asses. I'm sure ED will be offered at some point. It needs to be offered NOW.
that's what happens when the guys upstairs offer cash incentives on cars.. kills resale very quickly also..
but Z4's are very different, the sales are very soft in that car.. i guess BMW felt it was the only way to pump up sales. heck we still have an 06 Z4M roadster.. (going CHEAP!)
cant see it happning to the 1er.. my two cents anywho.

about the mats.. you know im sure about this but ive been wrong before.. what car did you get Larryn??? sorry if it's not the case.. i got the info from a euro delivery operator.. and ive always "added" mats to the deal, as in they were either pay'd for or throwen in on the deal.. ill search harder for a better answer..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 11:34 AM   #37
adrian's bmw
Here to help
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Something must've changed in the past few months regarding ED then, because they've given free mats for EDs for quite a long time. I took mine out of my car in Madrid (along with the first aid kit and warning triangle), and took them back home myself, only to find a new set of them in the car on redelivery.
On ED's, BMW do come with mats. In fact, I've noticed that on models that don't typically come with mats, i.e., the 3 Series, X3's, and now, the 1 Series, they've been coming with all weather mats.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 11:40 AM   #38
Fast Kiwi
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian's bmw View Post
On ED's, BMW do come with mats. In fact, I've noticed that on models that don't typically come with mats, i.e., the 3 Series, X3's, and now, the 1 Series, they've been coming with all weather mats.
huh.. really.. that just boggles my mind on how we have been setting these deals up then.. i have a customer car arriving shortly at port (335cic) ill have to ask him how that all worked out... all weather?? strange.. lol
:iono:
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 12:17 PM   #39
Fast Kiwi
First Lieutenant
Rep

Here is a quote from a customer i just emailed who picked his car up a month ago (ish) they do give you some sort of mat.. what I was talking about however when i say "mats" i mean the BMW carpet mats that cost $125.00.. not some crappy rubber things.. lol.. So NO they dont come with mats.. but yes they give you some thing to protect the car in the short run while in europe so as not to ruin your cars interior..

(I asked what he got in Germany< he picked up a 335cic)

"There were some cheap all weather mats in the car. My understanding is they would be removed from the car during processing (not sure if that meant in Germany or New Jersey"

I dont feel so bad now.. lol
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 01:02 PM   #40
rossii
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
what??
first off, my reference to "dealer money" was infact CSI and alike, not everone on here knows all the terms etc etc.. and if you're talking about ED in particular.. the dealership gets even less "help" there is 0 incentive (but to help a customer out) to do a ED when its coming from allocation and they know they can sell it on the ground.

secondly.. ahh, you dont get mats.. (unless you buy a 5 series or other BMW that comes with mats std... which will not be the case in the 1er.. where are you getting this? are you one of the so called "salesmen who cant sell" or you just an ill informed customer?

sorry for the flamming everone but c'mon..
if you know what your talking about, post it.. if not.. just read.

and i posted the allocation.. we as a med size dealership will see 15 cars total..
Not going to get into a pissing match but I actually do know what I am talking about......How long have you been selling BMW's? With regards to mats "ALL" euro's come with mats, talk to your person that does ED. If this changes on the 1 I'm not sure since I have not been involved with BMW since early this year.

As for the "terms" you would be quite surprised as to what clients know. To assume they dont will only make you look foolish. If in fact people dont know what the terms are then maybe being a Client Advisor you should educate them.........just a suggestion. Try looking at other boards and what info is provided.

Back to the scheduled program.............I want my 135.
      12-18-2007, 01:22 PM   #41
Fast Kiwi
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Not going to get into a pissing match but I actually do know what I am talking about......How long have you been selling BMW's? With regards to mats "ALL" euro's come with mats, talk to your person that does ED. If this changes on the 1 I'm not sure since I have not been involved with BMW since early this year.

As for the "terms" you would be quite surprised as to what clients know. To assume they dont will only make you look foolish. If in fact people dont know what the terms are then maybe being a Client Advisor you should educate them.........just a suggestion. Try looking at other boards and what info is provided.

Back to the scheduled program.............I want my 135.
wasnt bashing mate.. But i stand by my statement.. They do come with mats.. HOWEVER>> there not BMW mats, there cheap rubber ones, there only there to protect the car for your short time in europe.. did you not just read the quote i posted from a customer of mine..
I do the ED's here as do all the clinet advisors... (here atleast)
My expericence is only 3+ years with BMW (In the U.S.. 7+years in the trade all together..)
and my comment about "terms" was ment to suggest that not everyone on here when i say things like "CSI" are going to know what im talking about so to make it easier to understand its best said in a way EVERYONE can understand.. not just people who are either in the trade or know plenty about it..
After all, this is a place to askquestions and learn.. not just sign in and as you put it.. have a "pissing compition" about who knows the most..

my clinets often come in ill informed.. its my pleasure to help them through the process and to show them how everything works.. but if i was to assume they already knew it all i think i would be failing them.. dont you?

But thankx..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 01:35 PM   #42
rossii
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
wasnt bashing mate.. But i stand by my statement.. They do come with mats.. HOWEVER>> there not BMW mats, there cheap rubber ones, there only there to protect the car for your short time in europe.. did you not just read the quote i posted from a customer of mine..
I do the ED's here as do all the clinet advisors... (here atleast)
My expericence is only 3+ years with BMW (In the U.S.. 7+years in the trade all together..)
and my comment about "terms" was ment to suggest that not everyone on here when i say things like "CSI" are going to know what im talking about so to make it easier to understand its best said in a way EVERYONE can understand.. not just people who are either in the trade or know plenty about it..
After all, this is a place to askquestions and learn.. not just sign in and as you put it.. have a "pissing compition" about who knows the most..

my clinets often come in ill informed.. its my pleasure to help them through the process and to show them how everything works.. but if i was to assume they already knew it all i think i would be failing them.. dont you?

But thankx..
Then the program has changed. Every car that I saw come through ED had the $125.00 carpet mats. Just so you dont think I was an "ill informed customer" I was a sales manager for BMW for 5 years.

Cheers!
      12-18-2007, 01:40 PM   #43
angina
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=250411

sorry to spoil the party, but it looks like 1-series will have no allocation for ED, meaning ED 1-series will come out of your dealership's allocation, meaning dealers are less likely to budge from the ED MSRP price. If this is the case, the 1-series is out of the question for me. I'd rather do a 335 ED..it'll probably cost the same as a 1series ED!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 02:03 PM   #44
Fast Kiwi
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Then the program has changed. Every car that I saw come through ED had the $125.00 carpet mats. Just so you dont think I was an "ill informed customer" I was a sales manager for BMW for 5 years.

Cheers!
that was a jab for sure.. but only in return for your off handed "how long have your been selling BMW's for" comment.
which matters not.. as i'm sure you will know.. some ones years in the business doesnt always make them a brilliant sales advisor, or manager for that matter.. (not a jab)

It is what it is.. This is what my current clinet had in his car apon recipt of it in Germany..

oh.. and used to be a rock star baby.. but what does that matter now?? lol
Appreciate 0