BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-14-2014, 10:21 PM   #23
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviled
What's NVH?
Noise, vibration, harshness
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 10:37 PM   #24
cpt97m3
AutoXer
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviled View Post
What's NVH?
Noise, Vibration, and Harshness
      07-29-2014, 09:44 PM   #25
Pig Farmer
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
I have solid alum subrame bushings, turner delrin tranny mounts, blackforest motor mounts and solid alum diff bushings.

The car is super rock solid. The NVH in my car was mostly induced by the diff bushings. I have been in m3's with only solid alum diff bushings and they rode very similar to stock.
Did you install the aluminum SFBs yourself? I'm wondering how they were pressed into the subframe (i.e., special press or standard HPautowerks type tool, freeze SFBs and heat subframe, etc.)? Also, I know that all four standard bushings are inserted from the bottom whereas the front two M3 SFBs are inserted from the top. Do you recall how the aluminum SFBs where inserted?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2014, 09:55 PM   #26
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Farmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
I have solid alum subrame bushings, turner delrin tranny mounts, blackforest motor mounts and solid alum diff bushings.

The car is super rock solid. The NVH in my car was mostly induced by the diff bushings. I have been in m3's with only solid alum diff bushings and they rode very similar to stock.
Did you install the aluminum SFBs yourself? I'm wondering how they were pressed into the subframe (i.e., special press or standard HPautowerks type tool, freeze SFBs and heat subframe, etc.)? Also, I know that all four standard bushings are inserted from the bottom whereas the front two M3 SFBs are inserted from the top. Do you recall how the aluminum SFBs where inserted?
Performance technic installed mine. I believe they install the same as the OEM ones.
Appreciate 0