BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-08-2013, 09:41 PM   #1
Harper55987
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Electronics randomly "freak" out

Current owner of a 2009 BMW 135i with the iDrive system and comfort access. I am having some strange bugs where the car electronics will kind of...randomly?...appear to be haunted.
Examples:
1. On turning off the car, the windshield fluid and windshield wipers will activate and spray. As if I had just pulled the windshield cleaner towards me and it does the spray + 3 wipes or so.
2. Sometimes one of the windows will have trouble going up and down and will get stuck in a "down" position. It is like it thinks it has reached the max limit but it will in reality only be halfway. Turning the car on/off resets this and I can roll up
3. The iDrive system will flicker across the top "800ft Map Perspective". Basically, as if I had selected the shortcut. However, the iDrive won't actually change.
If I am looking at CD tracks and it pops up, it doesn't switch to nav even when it shows the "800ft Map Perspective"
4. On opening the car door, the car door will "clack" in very quick succession for 2-3 seconds. Almost as if the latch is flipping up and down which locks the door in place

Things to know about my car:
I had the dealer run the codes and nothing popped up. They did upgrade one of my door modules to a newer software version that they found outdated but it hasn't affected anything.
I always use the comfort access to start/stop the key. I never insert the key. I do use comfort access and my FOB to unlock the doors however.
I cannot seem to replicate the above scenarios no matter how much I try
I have a JB4 installed 2 or 3 weeks ago but all of these items have been happening before and after.

Are any of these known issues? Or any ideas to diagnose? I am at a lost and thanks for taking the time to read my long post.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 01:59 AM   #2
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

Search in this forum for Junction box problems could be the case
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #3
cheshirecat79
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 370z & 135i

If you haven't had the battery recall fix done yet, you may want to take the car in. A bad terminal can lead to these types of issues.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #4
Harper55987
Private
Rep

Solved number three today...turns out the number keys for the shortcuts in iDrive are touch sensitive
so brushing them was making the map perspective show up. Never even knew it was an option!

I searched for junction box but couldn't find much?? Can you point to some threads or send me a link. Maybe I am searching for the wrong thing. It mainly came up with people and coding their batteries after replacement.

Warranty work has been done.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 04:04 AM   #5
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

If you did Battery cable recall you should be safe...

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=707967
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #6
Harper55987
Private
Rep

Battery recall hasn't seemed to help at all...

I'm trying to record and remember everything I do when it happens in hopes of catching the noise on video or able to duplicate this for my dealer. I will update if I get a solution!
Appreciate 0