BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-26-2015, 10:02 AM   #23
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
should be fine with your m3 bits and dinan camber plates. what kind of tires? would be good to know of another brand tire that will work.

I am running sumitomo htr ii in the same sizes. with just the m3 bits I rubbed when turning. once I put on the dinan camber plates and set to min camber, no rub up front. front camber is at 2.2 degrees.

for the rear, your tire will probably barely rub the subframe when the car is in the air. once lowered to the ground it should have plenty of clearance. I ended up putting a 5mm spacer in the rear to bring the wheel outward a little bit and no rub. camber in rear is within factory specs, 1.8 degrees I believe.
PSS, so the shoulder will be fairly broad. This should be a good test for what the car can fit without extreme modification.

Few other notes...

Stock fenders
Lowered, not slammed, but low
5mm spacer up front
10mm spacer out back

Right now i'm on 265s out back and they're fine except on dips, where the driver's side scrapes on the very inner edge of the fender. That's more of a stiffness or ride height matter though, it "fits" just fine unless there is sudden compression of the too-soft ST springs.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 10:37 AM   #24
houtan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
PSS, so the shoulder will be fairly broad. This should be a good test for what the car can fit without extreme modification.

Few other notes...

Stock fenders
Lowered, not slammed, but low
5mm spacer up front
10mm spacer out back

Right now i'm on 265s out back and they're fine except on dips, where the driver's side scrapes on the very inner edge of the fender. That's more of a stiffness or ride height matter though, it "fits" just fine unless there is sudden compression of the too-soft ST springs.
what size tires are you running right now?

im looking forward to hearing what happens, especially, in the front since you are on coilovers and have to deal with the spring perch as well. I am on bilstein b8s and swift spec r's. go back and forth on coilovers, but the front clearance is what is stopping.

the 10mm spacer is too big based on what I have seen on my car and based on the fact that yours barely rubs already on 265s.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 10:53 AM   #25
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
what size tires are you running right now?

im looking forward to hearing what happens, especially, in the front since you are on coilovers and have to deal with the spring perch as well. I am on bilstein b8s and swift spec r's. go back and forth on coilovers, but the front clearance is what is stopping.

the 10mm spacer is too big based on what I have seen on my car and based on the fact that yours barely rubs already on 265s.
Currently on Yoko S-Drives. Yuck.

The 5mm spacer up front was specifically to clear the spring. Currently running a 225 up front and there's "plenty" of room inboard for more tire, it's the 8.5" wheel that gets close. I think i'll be OK up front, 235/40 should be OK.

10mm spacer out back is probably too aggressive, I agree. It's 100% aesthetic, just think it looks nice. Problem is if I back down to a 5mm spacer out back, I don't have much hub material on which to mount the wheel. Up front I have the VAC hub extenders for that exact reason, but they don't fit the rears. The 10mm spacer has a mounting tab built in, narrower than that you don't see it though.

It's gunna be close but hopefully with a few tweaks here and there, it should fit.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 11:11 AM   #26
houtan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.80]
Quote:
Currently on Yoko S-Drives. Yuck.

The 5mm spacer up front was specifically to clear the spring. Currently running a 225 up front and there's "plenty" of room inboard for more tire, it's the 8.5" wheel that gets close. I think i'll be OK up front, 235/40 should be OK.

10mm spacer out back is probably too aggressive, I agree. It's 100% aesthetic, just think it looks nice. Problem is if I back down to a 5mm spacer out back, I don't have much hub material on which to mount the wheel. Up front I have the VAC hub extenders for that exact reason, but they don't fit the rears. The 10mm spacer has a mounting tab built in, narrower than that you don't see it though.

It's gunna be close but hopefully with a few tweaks here and there, it should fit.
yeah, I am running a 5mm spacer in the rear. there is very little hub showing. after I get the wheel on, I go around and snug each lug down. then I go and torque them down. after that, I back up and down my driveway and retorque the lugs. it has been fine so far. but it did weird me out a little the first time I put the wheels on.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 11:14 AM   #27
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcaron9999 View Post
Sucks to be a Canadian car buff these days - I would be all over the Apex ET45 + ET62 wheels, but our lousy currency exchange rate is killing us. With shipping + import fees, the price tag effectively doubles. Even a group buy wont help much ...
I bought mine on a group buy last year. Had them shipped free to Ogdensburg and picked them up there.

Although, that was when the exchange rate was a LOT better than it is now.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 05:08 PM   #28
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

To anyone curious as to how 275s fit out back on a low but not slammed 1er...Please see the attached. Car got quite a nice layer of ice on it in the 10 minute drive to the shop a few days ago.

PS 10mm spacer here.
Attached Images

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 07:31 PM   #29
gap
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Looks good and there appears to be enough room. Are the spacers for looks or was there a inside clearance issue?
ER CP, Forge DV, Wagner FMIC, PE, Maddad Mid, ER Sports OC, BMS OCC, RB Check Valve, AFE intake, Cobb AP3- Stage 1+ drive, BMW SS, PS Springs, Yellow Koni external, M3 Control Arms F & R, M3 Strut Brace, M3 Sub Bushing, Rouge Toe, Dinan Camber Plate and Rear Shock Mts., E93 M3 front sway bar, Mfactory Diff, Arc 8 PSS 235/40/18-265/35/18
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 11:52 PM   #30
suspenceful
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 2008 135i, 2009 335i

Quote:
To anyone curious as to how 275s fit out back on a low but not slammed 1er...Please see the attached. Car got quite a nice layer of ice on it in the 10 minute drive to the shop a few days ago.

PS 10mm spacer here.
Awesome, good to know! Got any pictures of the whole car to show exactly how low it is? Any fender rolling, rubbing, etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Looks good and there appears to be enough room. Are the spacers for looks or was there a inside clearance issue?
Also in for this answer.
🏁 Shop BMW merchandise: bimmerstreet.com
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 05:42 AM   #31
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Purely for looks, my guess is i'll end up having to pull it for a 5mm spacer or so.

I haven't seen how this would fit out back w/out the spacer, my guess is it would be tight inboard. With a 265 and identical wheel I was able to fit it out back w/out a spacer, so it's probably doable.

Was gunna pick the car up today but it's snowing....again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suspenceful View Post
Awesome, good to know! Got any pictures of the whole car to show exactly how low it is? Any fender rolling, rubbing, etc?

Also in for this answer.
When I pick it up i'll take a side profile picture so you can get a sense of ride height. It's fairly low but certainly not slammed or stanced.

Zero fender modification. Nada. I'm going to see if adding a touch of camber and playing with spacer size can work out the inevitable rubbing. Worst case I have to raise the car and swap out to coils w stiffer spring rates.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 11:57 AM   #32
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by suspenceful View Post

Also in for this answer.
If useful as a visual cue RE: fitment. Having driven it a good 30-40 miles over the weekend, can say that it's fine up front and I don't anticipate any issues. Out back, it scrapes too much, and with a passenger it's not acceptable. It's not outrageous but the car will need to be raised probably 3/4" or so, along with a touch more camber. That should take care of it, if I pulled the spacer it would probably be OK...But who wants to do that

Looks pretty mean out back if you ask me. Oh and apologies in advance for the gross rear bumper. Been lazy about getting the new one painted.
Attached Images

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0