10-28-2014, 10:38 PM   #1
61etype
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i, X5 50i, 1M, Z4MC

1M Coupe For Sale - History?

Hey 1M Addicts

Anybody here know of this car. Prior owners, History (other than the available carfax)

Valencia Orange
WBSUR9C55BVP76268
http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...8443/overview/

It is for sale and wondering how well it has been cared for......
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2014, 12:47 AM   #2
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

It's a three owner car. Last week it had a stolen marker on carfax. But they got it taken off. The current dealer said the truck driver didn't show up in time and car reported stolen. Not sure what real story was. The original owner says he broke it in correctly but sold it at 14k miles. I believe he tracked it once but it blew charge pipe and didn't track it again. It went to two more people and it has lugs now and Bridgestone RE11s and aftermarket exhaust. They have the stock unit too but I believe it was tracked again. It drives well and looks ok. It has clear cover on front and a big scratch on too of bumper that looks deeper than covering. I looked at it but a little worried about three owners and mileage. They were asking 52k originally and I could find nicer one for 50k so passed. Prices are coming down now. If it drops more might be worth it but combination of three owners, stolen report, tracking makes it a little high for me. I hope that helps.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2014, 01:59 AM   #3
wobbles1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW 1M #541

I think its a damn good buy at 48k. Bluebook is $54k
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2014, 02:20 PM   #4
61etype
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i, X5 50i, 1M, Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
It's a three owner car. Last week it had a stolen marker on carfax. But they got it taken off. The current dealer said the truck driver didn't show up in time and car reported stolen. Not sure what real story was. The original owner says he broke it in correctly but sold it at 14k miles. I believe he tracked it once but it blew charge pipe and didn't track it again. It went to two more people and it has lugs now and Bridgestone RE11s and aftermarket exhaust. They have the stock unit too but I believe it was tracked again. It drives well and looks ok. It has clear cover on front and a big scratch on too of bumper that looks deeper than covering. I looked at it but a little worried about three owners and mileage. They were asking 52k originally and I could find nicer one for 50k so passed. Prices are coming down now. If it drops more might be worth it but combination of three owners, stolen report, tracking makes it a little high for me. I hope that helps.

This is very helpful - thank you
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2014, 06:30 PM   #5
Redadair
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M #293 - 88 E30 M3

nachob it sounds like you are looking for another 1M for yourself?
August 8th ED (#293 of 739 or 740)
88 E30 M3 100% OEM 73K Miles
02 E39 M5 Le Mans Blue 50K Miles
06 E46 M3 ZCP 58K Miles
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2014, 06:47 PM   #6
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
NachoB has the lowdown on this car!! lol

a good buy as long as the mechanicals check out. I paid a bit more than this for mine back in June with 35k miles but it only had 1 owner who took great car of mine.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2014, 07:53 PM   #7
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redadair View Post
nachob it sounds like you are looking for another 1M for yourself?
Yes, I'm looking hard. The M2 looks cool and might have to settle for that but hoping I can find a good deal on something. Prices are starting to inch down now and if I find something, I would be very happy with 1M. I know what life is without one now, so I have extra appreciation. I checked this one out but it's too much for three owner car with stolen story and obvious tracking. If it was less money, then I could have some extra money in case something breaks but for 50K there are other ones out there that are 1 owner cars and you can get a better sense of the history. I'm hoping someone here with a stripper is going to turn one into carmax for and maybe we can work something out before dealers get them. There is one in Nor Cal that looks perfect but they want 56K because they paid a lot for it a looooong time ago and it's not selling. There are many like these that dealers paid a lot for and they are not moving and they are not ready to take a loss.

I hear a lot of guys say stuff like they really want a good home for their 1M but it rarely means much, when there is money in the middle. My garage would be a great home for a 1M and it will be loved like no other car! : )

So you guys that are getting the latest and greatest M3 and need a truly good home for your no-nav car let me know before trading it in! : )

Glad you still like yours....ours came on the Electra together!

Last edited by nachob; 10-30-2014 at 12:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2014, 07:58 PM   #8
Mdawood
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: vo 1m

Hope u find one!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2014, 09:05 PM   #9
vasmir
eh
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 M, 2016 F25

Quote:
... The M2 looks cool and might have to settle for that but hoping I can find a good deal on something. ...
ha, 'settling for an M2'
Dude I'm sure the M2 will be a fantastic little monster.

OP, previous owners and history are huge when buying used. That was one of the reasons I searched not just on autotrader, but BMW club forums and websites as well - I wanted something owned by a fellow like-minded enthusiast.

If you want an M2 I'm sure it'll be awesome - and your $$$ can go towards being a first or single owner, making sure it's broken in correctly, and having the entire 4 year maintenance and warrantee period.
But if you're leaning towards a used 1M, my advice is not to rush it. Wait for the right car and don't pull the trigger on something with a sketchy history.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2014, 09:46 AM   #10
Redadair
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M #293 - 88 E30 M3

Quote:
Yes, I'm looking hard. The M2 looks cool and might have to settle for that but hoping I can find a good deal on something. Prices are starting to inch down now and if I find something, I would be very happy with 1M. I know what life is without one now, so I have extra appreciation. I checked this one out but it's too much for three owner car with stolen story and obvious tracking. If it was less money, then I could have some extra money in case something breaks but for 50K there are other ones out there that are 1 owner cars and you can get a better sense of the history. I'm hoping someone here with a stripper is going to turn one into carmax for and maybe we can work something out before dealers get them. There is one in Nor Cal that looks perfect but they want 56K because they paid a lot for it a looooong time ago and it's not selling. There are many like these that dealers paid a lot for and they are not moving and they are not ready to take a loss.

I hear a lot of guys say stuff like they really want a good home for their 1M but it rarely means much, when there is money in the middle. My garage would be a great home for a 1M and it will be loved like no other car! : )

So you guys that are getting the latest and greatest M3 and need a truly good home for your no-nav car let me know before trading it in! : )

Glad you still like yours....ours came on the Electra together!

Best of luck to you. If I hear of anything that looks good I'll send it your way. Neither the new M3/M4 or M2 will have the limited edition pedigree that the 1M will enjoy it's whole life, nor will they ever increase in value over time.

Good talking to you ship mate
August 8th ED (#293 of 739 or 740)
88 E30 M3 100% OEM 73K Miles
02 E39 M5 Le Mans Blue 50K Miles
06 E46 M3 ZCP 58K Miles
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 10:04 AM   #11
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redadair View Post
Best of luck to you. If I hear of anything that looks good I'll send it your way. Neither the new M3/M4 or M2 will have the limited edition pedigree that the 1M will enjoy it's whole life, nor will they ever increase in value over time.

Good talking to you ship mate
Thanks mate! The M2 will be great but the 1M is special. It's the last of its kind. I have said it too many times but it will be the last BMW that only came manual trans and only with fixed M suspension. It was stiff and loud with real exhaust. You can get it with the clean no iDrive no-NAV dash and super fast hydraulic steering. The fact it was somewhat unfinished and unrefined gave it a bit a skunk-works feel. So for financial considerations, meaning having a warranty and service during the payment period, I might have to settle for an M2 with fake sound, ipad screen and over complicated radio controls and the fact that anyone can make it cushy by pressing a button and putting it in D for drive. The 1M asks a little of you with stiff suspension, drone and shifting gears but the rewards more than make up for it. So if I can find something reasonable, that would be great!

Thanks again!

OP, are you getting that one?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 05:45 PM   #12
dans135i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Space gray M options

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61etype View Post
Hey 1M Addicts

Anybody here know of this car. Prior owners, History (other than the available carfax)

Valencia Orange
WBSUR9C55BVP76268
http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...8443/overview/

It is for sale and wondering how well it has been cared for......
Hello, I work 5 minutes from there and have looked at it as well on the way to BMW dealer. Not an expert but if you need a set of eyes I may be able to help.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 05:23 PM   #13
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Who bought it?
Appreciate 0