BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-13-2010, 07:40 PM   #177
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj303 View Post
When clearing the codes how do you know if you're clearing something that is actually a genuine error? So if there is something actually wrong with your car bmw won't know because you've cleared all the codes?

Also if the ecu does not store any boost info with procede installed wouldnt this look suspicious to the dealer?
Not too sure about the code clearing part, but I know that CANclear doesn't operate when a genuine fault code is thrown.

The PROcede sends false signals to the ECU so it still does store boost info, just not 14psi

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2010, 04:42 PM   #178
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Hi Guys,

Somehow I did get notifications of this thread progressing, so sorry for late response... but it looks like it is all covered anyway!!

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 06:42 PM   #179
Scoobs
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135i Space Grey DCT

Hey FLY135 & Typhoon187 - any chance of an update on the tune ? I am sure there are plenty of us N55ers who will be reall interested in your feedback
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 03:36 AM   #180
fly135
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i Coupe N55

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
Hey FLY135 & Typhoon187 - any chance of an update on the tune ? I am sure there are plenty of us N55ers who will be reall interested in your feedback
Okay, I’m not the best at describing these sorts of things but I’ll do my best.

Basically the power curve feels pretty much the same as stock, just raised much more obviously. The power delivery is still very smooth and drivable. Huge amounts of torque from down low in the rpm range and a good rush of power in the mid to upper rpm range. Power slightly tapers off after about 5000-5500rpm but still pulls hard, but this is an expected characteristic of both the N54 & N55 anyway.

The engine feels a lot stronger and much more urgent than stock and the car is a lot more fun to drive, as evident by Typhoons loss of license last week and my recent speeding camera fine.

Throttle response and turbo spool up time seems to have maybe improved slightly as well.

The engine note and turbo noise after throttle lift off seem to be slightly more audible, which is a good thing I think. Or maybe it just sounds a little angrier because everything is happening faster because its hitting redline quicker. Revving through 1st and 2nd gears happens a lot quicker now and with a little snap, crackle and pop on up shifts the car definitely sounds the part, even with a stock exhaust.

So far I am really happy with the way the car drives and I am extremely satisfied with the tune. I have never been in another tuned 135 before so I have nothing to compare to but I can honestly say that anyone who chooses this product will not be disappointed.

Adrian has set 3 maps for me. Map 1 is standard boost (valet mode) which is approx 8 psi from memory. Map 2 is set at 12psi and Map 3 is currently set at 13psi. As my car doesn’t have any other supporting mods, Adrian suggested to just leaving it on Map 2 for now. My next mod will be a DP and when I fit that I might run 13psi which will hopefully yield a few extra horses at the wheels.

All the dash display functions which Adrian has incorporated into the tune are really cool as well. Things such as the fuel meter acting as a boost gauge, oil temp meter acting as a throttle position meter and the dash hazard display lights acting as a shift light (which can be set at any rpm you desire). I love all these little party tricks and they really seem to impress the friends when I have taken them for a ride. Not to mention they are actually useful, especially the boost meter.

To sum it up the car is just so much more enjoyable to drive with all the extra power on tap and as the cliche goes, this is how the car should have come from the factory.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 06:42 AM   #181
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Okay, I’m not the best at describing these sorts of things but I’ll do my best.

Basically the power curve feels pretty much the same as stock, just raised much more obviously. The power delivery is still very smooth and drivable. Huge amounts of torque from down low in the rpm range and a good rush of power in the mid to upper rpm range. Power slightly tapers off after about 5000-5500rpm but still pulls hard, but this is an expected characteristic of both the N54 & N55 anyway.

The engine feels a lot stronger and much more urgent than stock and the car is a lot more fun to drive, as evident by Typhoons loss of license last week and my recent speeding camera fine.

Throttle response and turbo spool up time seems to have maybe improved slightly as well.

The engine note and turbo noise after throttle lift off seem to be slightly more audible, which is a good thing I think. Or maybe it just sounds a little angrier because everything is happening faster because its hitting redline quicker. Revving through 1st and 2nd gears happens a lot quicker now and with a little snap, crackle and pop on up shifts the car definitely sounds the part, even with a stock exhaust.

So far I am really happy with the way the car drives and I am extremely satisfied with the tune. I have never been in another tuned 135 before so I have nothing to compare to but I can honestly say that anyone who chooses this product will not be disappointed.

Adrian has set 3 maps for me. Map 1 is standard boost (valet mode) which is approx 8 psi from memory. Map 2 is set at 12psi and Map 3 is currently set at 13psi. As my car doesn’t have any other supporting mods, Adrian suggested to just leaving it on Map 2 for now. My next mod will be a DP and when I fit that I might run 13psi which will hopefully yield a few extra horses at the wheels.

All the dash display functions which Adrian has incorporated into the tune are really cool as well. Things such as the fuel meter acting as a boost gauge, oil temp meter acting as a throttle position meter and the dash hazard display lights acting as a shift light (which can be set at any rpm you desire). I love all these little party tricks and they really seem to impress the friends when I have taken them for a ride. Not to mention they are actually useful, especially the boost meter.

To sum it up the car is just so much more enjoyable to drive with all the extra power on tap and as the cliche goes, this is how the car should have come from the factory.
With autotune, my car is hitting about 15psi on WOT 2nd and 3rd gear pulls, is this supposed to be different for the N55? Also, doesn't feel like the power tapers off at all after the Procede, it just keeps climbing until the shift lights start flashing!

The power is definitely a lot more intensive, it's literally 'shit your pants' fast which I still have not fully gotten used to. Switched it back to stock last week just to compare and god damn it feels like a slug on Map 0.

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 04:36 PM   #182
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

At the current time we are running a little less boost in the N55. The turbo seems to be smaller than the combined N54 turbos, and this is a new product and new engine. We will likely get more aggressive later, but for the time being, the N55 tune would be equivalent to a stage 2 in N54. When more mechanical mods become available, we will be able to push it a little more.

-- Adrian
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 06:11 PM   #183
fly135
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
With autotune, my car is hitting about 15psi on WOT 2nd and 3rd gear pulls, is this supposed to be different for the N55? Also, doesn't feel like the power tapers off at all after the Procede, it just keeps climbing until the shift lights start flashing!

The power is definitely a lot more intensive, it's literally 'shit your pants' fast which I still have not fully gotten used to. Switched it back to stock last week just to compare and god damn it feels like a slug on Map 0.
Actually, after driving my car today i noticed that power doesn't really taper off after 5000-5500rpm. What i should of probably said was that power doesn't increase any more, or rather doesn't get any more urgent after reaching this rpm range, unlike some other high revving engines which i have driven in the past. The power band stays flat and linear whilst still pulling all the way to redline.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #184
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

Quote:
Actually, after driving my car today i noticed that power doesn't really taper off after 5000-5500rpm. What i should of probably said was that power doesn't increase any more, or rather doesn't get any more urgent after reaching this rpm range, unlike some other high revving engines which i have driven in the past. The power band stays flat and linear whilst still pulling all the way to redline.
Hey mate, you will see boost and power usually only taper off after approx 6,200rpm

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 08:17 PM   #185
Scoobs
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135i Space Grey DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
At the current time we are running a little less boost in the N55. The turbo seems to be smaller than the combined N54 turbos, and this is a new product and new engine. We will likely get more aggressive later, but for the time being, the N55 tune would be equivalent to a stage 2 in N54. When more mechanical mods become available, we will be able to push it a little more.

-- Adrian
Adrian, so for the same map - what is the difference in torque & KW's being achieved in the N54 versus N55.

Given the lower boost on the N55 - and comments from some of the guys above - I am guessing that substantially better gains are being made on the TT N54's.

Be interested in the figures as a comparison.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 08:53 PM   #186
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

It is really a bit early to say in regards to N55 compared to N54. I will say that at moderate "Stage 1" levels of mods (basically just a tune), at this early stage they seem very similar. I can also say that at high RPM, the factory system simply won't run more than about 14-15psi no matter how we drive the control system. Perhaps when the decat pipes come out we will get more boost out of it, but early indications are that the N54 will probably have the edge at higher mod levels simply due to more flow capacity in the turbos. However I think this will only make a difference to small % of people running lots of mods. Most customers do either tune only, or just basic add ons like decat pipes, intake and exhaust. The big mods after that are meth, FMIC, but these mods are more visible and tend not to be used by most BMW customers.

-- Adrian
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 09:15 PM   #187
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
Adrian, so for the same map - what is the difference in torque & KW's being achieved in the N54 versus N55.

Given the lower boost on the N55 - and comments from some of the guys above - I am guessing that substantially better gains are being made on the TT N54's.

Be interested in the figures as a comparison.
Either of you guys interested in coming to the drive day this sunday? Would be nice to see some tuned N55's in the mix

I'll need to send you guys PMs with the details if you're interested.

Also Adrian, I find that my PROcede runs much more boost on Map 2 (around 15psi) compared to Map 1 (maxes at about 12psi). I had the impression that they should reach the same level of peak boost with autotuning, but this does not seem to be the case.

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 09:44 PM   #188
Orlin
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

cant you assign your own max boost levels for each map from within the procede software? thats what I do. Then once on that map the autotuning will increase your boost but stop at your desired number.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2010, 10:01 PM   #189
fly135
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.50]
Quote:
Either of you guys interested in coming to the drive day this sunday? Would be nice to see some tuned N55's in the mix

I'll need to send you guys PMs with the details if you're interested.

Also Adrian, I find that my PROcede runs much more boost on Map 2 (around 15psi) compared to Map 1 (maxes at about 12psi). I had the impression that they should reach the same level of peak boost with autotuning, but this does not seem to be the case.
I would love to come Jeef and was really looking forward to it, however i dont think i can make it that day. Hopefully i can weasel my way out of my committments and i can come out for a squirt. Otherwise i'll have to just wait for the next meet.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2010, 05:16 PM   #190
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Autotune only operates when at high boost levels... so it will not do much when cruising around town. It works quickly if doing a 3rd gear pull... normally a few 3rd gear pulls is enough for it to autotune to current conditions. Also, the Autotune currently resets when you change maps. So maybe you had autotuned map 1 and it went down from target due to fuel/temps, and thena fter you changed to map 2, it had not autotuned yet, so ran the normaly 14.5psi.

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2010, 01:35 AM   #191
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B M W

Are you selling any of the new V5 procedes that are going for US$645 currently?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2010, 02:19 AM   #192
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Hi Alex,

I will be doing this eventually, but still a few weeks off. The full version Procede wil be similar price to now, but there will be a cheaper enthusiast version which will have a similar price reduction to in the USA.

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2010, 06:18 AM   #193
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Ok thats cool Adrian. I'm just waiting for the answers to some questions posed by a couple of members on the 3 series forum about DCT not shifting smoothly after install of a V4.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2010, 06:41 AM   #194
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
Autotune only operates when at high boost levels... so it will not do much when cruising around town. It works quickly if doing a 3rd gear pull... normally a few 3rd gear pulls is enough for it to autotune to current conditions. Also, the Autotune currently resets when you change maps. So maybe you had autotuned map 1 and it went down from target due to fuel/temps, and thena fter you changed to map 2, it had not autotuned yet, so ran the normaly 14.5psi.

Cheers,

Adrian
I am aware that autotune only does its thing on full boost - this is after significant numbers of WOT 3rd gear pulls all the way to 7000rpm. Map 1 seems to always peg boost at around 12psi while Map 2 takes it all the way to 15. Map 2 feels faster too.

Looks like I also have to upgrade to the V5 software!

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #195
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Hi All,

Happy New Years!!

Just a quick note that I will be offering reduced prices starting today. There is a reduction in the price of the N54 tune, and an introductory price for the N55. As always, my price includes GST and either the install or postage. Many people can testify to the support I offer around the clock as required.

Oh, one other thing. In the USA a lower price enthusiast version is available. I have decided at this time to not offer this low cost version. This may change in future, but for the time being, it is too much overhead for me to manage the handling of unlock codes etc. So at this stage, I will only be selling the Professional full featured versions. I could be convinced otherwise if the demand is there, but most of my customer base I have spoken to have not been interested in losing capability/features to save a couple hundred $$.

So now to the pricing:

* N54 Professional version - Reduced from $1250 to $1150 (inc GST)
* N55 Professional version - Introductory price of $1050 (inc GST)

I have stock currently, and can ship express overnight!!

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 05:01 AM   #196
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 F80, M140i

Call me when your free mate. No rush. Just want to plan the year ahead.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2011, 04:23 PM   #197
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Hey Adrian does the Professional version come with the necessary cable so you can hook it up to your laptop?

Also can you pre-load software (like the latest N54 Z4 DCT transmission fix & a lower boost 'stock' secondary map) into the V5 before delivery so I won't have to worry about it?

Last edited by Alext; 01-14-2011 at 07:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 04:13 AM   #198
JD75
JDTuning
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xDrive,G80 M3 xDrive

Hey Adrian,

I apologise for jacking this thread, but can you please shoot me an email at justin_d@exemail.com.au

I would like to purchase a Procede Pro version from you, discuss meth options and dyno tuning particulars.

Oh, I am Evan's mate, I believe he mentioned my interest in your Tune when he was detailing your car.

Cheers,

Justin.
Appreciate 0