BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-03-2009, 08:41 AM   #89
Red135
La Flama Blanca
Rep
Drives: 1-series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Z View Post
Wow. Somebody call the waambulance. Please add me to your ignore list.
Ha, your useless. Which explains why you couldn't find the price in the first place.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2009, 10:13 AM   #90
JohnnyTT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 3.5

So what exactly is this thread about? I thought it was cars and exhausts.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2009, 10:41 AM   #91
DocSean
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
$599 including shipping. What is the cost of the exhaust without shipping. Shipping cant be more the $50.

Still overpriced if you ask me.
Agreed, but that's vividracing's price...don't know that berk had a whole lot to say in terms of pricing.

E-mailed this to my old fab guy, said it could easily be reproduced for less than $400. I'll probably just try to find really good local fabricator, and might go ahead and have them do a complete mid-section to tips to bolt up to the riss racing catted downpipes. Wonder how many mufflers I would need to keep her quiet???
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2009, 01:15 PM   #92
BimmerLearner
My car is less than a week old and on its 3rd tank
Rep
Drives: Tiag 135 Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red135 View Post
Ha, your useless. Which explains why you couldn't find the price in the first place.
It's "you're".

It looks good, would be a nice simple solution, just amazes me that its likely to be 599.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2009, 12:54 AM   #93
Car Whore
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 944 Cup Car - Excursion - R32

I'm really surprised at the # of negative replies on here, regardless if you agree or disagree with the pricing we shouldn't be bashing a Berk. They've been a great member of the 1er community and quite honestly are one of the few actually using the car to it's full potential. Just like any company I'm sure they've looked at what's in the best interest for them, every time a product is made & sold it's not always intended for the masses. I'm not sure if this one is or isn't but from the sounds of the very first post this is a pretty time consuming process that is more for the right customer.

I'm actually interested in what the mid/rear will look like and be priced at(after hearing the nice videos at the track) since I already have DP's...

Good luck Berk and thanks for adding some more fuel to the 1addict fire...
Euro Delivery - Munich | 10.24.08 @ 10:30am >> Dropped Off - Amsterdam | 10.31.08 @ 1:30pm :: 1469 mi.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 10:55 AM   #94
imported_mega
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: various bmw's

anyone know if the dyno was a bone stock car with nothing but this exhaust?

I'm curious how much louder it is, I dont like rice loud, but the stock exhaust is way too quiet, even with the flapper mod
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 08:26 PM   #95
Jockey
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 992 C4S

I personally blame vividracing.

They were a horrible vendor back in the day when they were slinging Subaru aftermarket products. I see they haven't changed.

It looks like a great product and I think Berk has made a great product, but there is no way I am giving money to vividracing.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2009, 12:16 AM   #96
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

I dont know some people are just cheap ....Back in the days I used to pay crazy prices for HKS,Tanabe products i.e 1800$/cdn for a catback, 800$/cdn for a jackson racing cat converter. That was way back when I was 17 and I was driving b18 civic, mazda, rsx-s etc. I was litterally spending all my money on mods for modest 5hp gains on each parts(cams,pulleys,plugs, suspension bushings etc). Hell a CAI is around 350-400$ (about 5-10hp gain). For the average consumer yes JB3 offers an amazing buck/peformance ratio but after that it will only get more expensive if you keep on modding. Were lucky to have amazing brakes that wont need replacement... When I had my a4 I spent on Porsche Brakes for it(2000$+).
I wanted to say this for a long time some people over here have no business modding a car theyre more worried about cupholders and warranty issues(fixing noises etc). I miss the old honda-tech-vwvortex days when guys like us used to yank out engines at 2am in the morning fabricating brackets(engine mount made with a hockey puck), renting trucks to go pick up a tranny in a scrap yard. If you guys want an easy solution for modding let other people do the R&D and get ready to pay the price after....Back in the days some cheap guys were putting Rota wheels,APC,Arospeed,Ractive parts while others were paying for JDM parts. I paid over 1500 for JDM HID headlights for my rsx-s while some people sell black housing projectors on ebay for 199$ plus shipping....Gotta pay to play(Ive been modding cars for over 10 years)

Im not targeting everyone out here but the hat does fit to some people in this thread. Were driving Bimmers I dont think that we would go out and buy Nakang tires with ASA rims for our cars. Everything will cost and 800$ is cheap for a catback ,800$ cheap for a tune. Hell it costs more to mod an EVO or STI than the 135 so far thanks to guys like Terry(BMS), Riss Racing and a few others
My .02$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.

Last edited by mtla4; 03-08-2009 at 12:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2009, 12:24 PM   #97
Monaco35Dream
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i, 96' Talon Tsi AWD

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
I dont know some people are just cheap ....Back in the days I used to pay crazy prices for HKS,Tanabe products i.e 1800$/cdn for a catback, 800$/cdn for a jackson racing cat converter. That was way back when I was 17 and I was driving b18 civic, mazda, rsx-s etc. I was litterally spending all my money on mods for modest 5hp gains on each parts(cams,pulleys,plugs, suspension bushings etc). Hell a CAI is around 350-400$ (about 5-10hp gain). For the average consumer yes JB3 offers an amazing buck/peformance ratio but after that it will only get more expensive if you keep on modding. Were lucky to have amazing brakes that wont need replacement... When I had my a4 I spent on Porsche Brakes for it(2000$+).
I wanted to say this for a long time some people over here have no business modding a car theyre more worried about cupholders and warranty issues(fixing noises etc). I miss the old honda-tech-vwvortex days when guys like us used to yank out engines at 2am in the morning fabricating brackets(engine mount made with a hockey puck), renting trucks to go pick up a tranny in a scrap yard. If you guys want an easy solution for modding let other people do the R&D and get ready to pay the price after....Back in the days some cheap guys were putting Rota wheels,APC,Arospeed,Ractive parts while others were paying for JDM parts. I paid over 1500 for JDM HID headlights for my rsx-s while some people sell black housing projectors on ebay for 199$ plus shipping....Gotta pay to play(Ive been modding cars for over 10 years)

Im not targeting everyone out here but the hat does fit to some people in this thread. Were driving Bimmers I dont think that we would go out and buy Nakang tires with ASA rims for our cars. Everything will cost and 800$ is cheap for a catback ,800$ cheap for a tune. Hell it costs more to mod an EVO or STI than the 135 so far thanks to guys like Terry(BMS), Riss Racing and a few others
My .02$
very well put sir...i actually think that someone put ASA wheels on the 1er and got seriously flamed LOL.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2009, 05:10 PM   #98
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco35Dream View Post
very well put sir...i actually think that someone put ASA wheels on the 1er and got seriously flamed LOL.
Id rather have black steelies for winter than ASA rims on the 1er .
People will see it will only become more expensive with BT setups, fueling etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2009, 05:20 PM   #99
JohnnyTT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 3.5

Berk, start a new thread for your exhaust... this one is too far gone.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 04:30 PM   #100
vividracing
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F30 335i, F80 M3

Just added a new video of driving to work so you can hear how mellow it is when cruising and sporty when on the throttle. Also I have 4 available for immediate shipping in black tip or chrome tip - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/b...7-p-60891.html
PM, Email, or Call Directly for aggressive BMW Member Pricing
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2009, 11:10 PM   #101
jeremydgreat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Loved the video of the external shot. You can really hear the exhaust clearly and get a feel for it.

As for the internal shot... WHAT?? There's clearly something rattling around at all speeds. The single most important thing about these video demos is clear sound, and there's a high pitched vibrating noise so loud that I have a hard time hearing the sound of the exhaust itself!

Come on guys! I'm going to subscribe to this thread in hopes that you're able to shoot another video- the exhaust looks great, but I'm assuming it doesn't have a baby rattle hanging from the tailpipe!
135i // M-Sports Package // RR Oil Catch Can // Black Kidneys // iCarbon Hood // Alum Pedals // KW v2 Coilovers // Vorshlag Camber Plates // Hotchkis Sway Bar // Wheel Studs. Best mod ever? Tires. 255's in front, 275's in back.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2009, 02:38 AM   #102
BerkTechnology
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Fast

There is also the interior vids that Berk Technology made. Windows up & windows down. It sounds really good in the vids, sounds perfect in person!

Last edited by BerkTechnology; 04-16-2009 at 08:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2009, 02:58 PM   #103
jeremydgreat
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkTechnology View Post
There is also the interior vids that Berk Technology made. Windows up & windows down. It sounds really good in the vids, sounds perfect in person!

Are you not hearing that rattling noise I mentioned?
135i // M-Sports Package // RR Oil Catch Can // Black Kidneys // iCarbon Hood // Alum Pedals // KW v2 Coilovers // Vorshlag Camber Plates // Hotchkis Sway Bar // Wheel Studs. Best mod ever? Tires. 255's in front, 275's in back.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2009, 03:03 PM   #104
BerkTechnology
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Not sure what rattling noise you are talking about. Can you point it out on the video? i.e. @ 1min 23 sec.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2009, 08:15 PM   #105
jeremydgreat
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkTechnology View Post
Not sure what rattling noise you are talking about. Can you point it out on the video? i.e. @ 1min 23 sec.
I put on headphones just to make sure it wasn't something resonating with my speakers or on my desk. But it's still very apparent throughout nearly the entire video. Can someone else back me up here? (Or tell me I'm crazy).

You can hear the rattling die down with the engine when the car pulls to the stop sign, and then it kicks on again when the car moves.

When the video first starts at 31seconds it's immediately obvious. The high pitched, scratchy rattle that resonates when the car vibrates.

For reals, you can't hear that?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2009, 09:00 PM   #106
BerkTechnology
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydgreat View Post
I put on headphones just to make sure it wasn't something resonating with my speakers or on my desk. But it's still very apparent throughout nearly the entire video. Can someone else back me up here? (Or tell me I'm crazy).

You can hear the rattling die down with the engine when the car pulls to the stop sign, and then it kicks on again when the car moves.

When the video first starts at 31seconds it's immediately obvious. The high pitched, scratchy rattle that resonates when the car vibrates.

For reals, you can't hear that?
Okay, I understand now! @ 31 sec is when the video actually starts. It's just the mic on the camera that I used! It's just a point and shoot, nothing fancy.

Vivid Racing took some better audio than we did, take a listen to their vids.

Last edited by BerkTechnology; 04-16-2009 at 09:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2009, 09:01 PM   #107
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Wow that rattle is pretty absurd...I thought the "Baby rattler on the exhaust" was a bit much, but after hearing it... that's dead on..

Glad to hear it was just the mic and not the exhaust lol

Appreciate 0
      04-16-2009, 09:07 PM   #108
jeremydgreat
Captain
United_States
Rep

Whew! Okay. haha. I actually thought the exhaust sounded great from the outside and was excited to hear it from the inside (I'm trying to find something without drone).

Yeah, "baby rattler" was just the best description of the actual sound that I could think of.

Videos of this product are all about sound- let's get a new one up!
Appreciate 0