BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-13-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
hiter202
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

WTB: N55 Intake - Injen or aFe + AR DP

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hey guys, I am on the 335 forums, but figured I'd give it a shot on here seeing that the 135 has a n55 engine as well.

I am looking for either an Injen or aFe intake for my 2011 N55 335i xDrive E92 and also looking for AR DP, not sure if the DP would be the same for the 135 or not, but I think it might but I do not know much about performance parts as I am new to BMW.

Please let me know guys Thanks

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #2
hiter202
Captain
United_States
Rep

bump....anyone
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 05:22 PM   #3
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
There aren't many of these out since there is basically 0 function in getting an intake for the N55 other than for sounding purposes which aren't worth getting heat soak faster and losing power later in the powerband.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 05:27 PM   #4
hiter202
Captain
United_States
Rep

I am new to the whole performance car parts scene, but from what I have read online, It gives around 12-15 hp, plus the AR DPs give about 20 hp, plus the N55 Stage 1/2 give a few more hp, so in total around 60 extra hp. But once again, I might be wrong.

Do you happen to know anyone selling DPs at least? I can wait on the intake, I rather get the DP for a good price. Please help
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 05:33 PM   #5
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by elitefusion View Post
I am new to the whole performance car parts scene, but from what I have read online, It gives around 12-15 hp, plus the AR DPs give about 20 hp, plus the N55 Stage 1/2 give a few more hp, so in total around 60 extra hp. But once again, I might be wrong.

Do you happen to know anyone selling DPs at least? I can wait on the intake, I rather get the DP for a good price. Please help
For the N55 downpipes + JB4 Stage 2 + Meth will give you the biggest horsepower increase. Also intercooler to have your cars temperatures lower. Midpipes / exhaust if you want a few extra HP but not much.

Intake you will not gain much power, alot of the companies over advertise the intakes by claiming you get 15hp and etc but you don't. Instead for the N55 since our air box is so efficient you end up producing heat soak faster on hot days when you put in an aftermarket intake and you lose power up top. You may get some power down low but honestly power up top is more important.

Here is a review:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=597020

And a quote "From stoplights (I'm an xDrive)- the car did feel to have a hair more midrange power. Though even this I question. It's really tough to notice- if it is making power it's certainly not a lot and seemingly limited to the lower end of the power-band. I don't know if I should have removed the negative terminal on the battery or not. I opened up the compartment in my trunk and it looked like a rats nest of thick wires looping around the battery. I didn't want to touch it. Additionally since I had no codes on startup I didn't bother."

You do not want to lose high end power and get heat soak faster.

Sorry don't know anyone selling N55 performance parts. Car is newer so less of them on the market. But if you decide to buy new go with HP Autowerks/Berk , I recommend them.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #6
hiter202
Captain
United_States
Rep

Thank you very much for your help

I was looking into AR DP or Berk DP, but DPs are so expensive lol I'm on a budget, I look at it as my one month car payment you know

So, Screw the intake and save the money for something else, got it! lol

Well InterCooler is pushing it for me, since my 335xi is a lease dont want to go all out. The only thing is that if I do get the DP its gonna cost about 250-300 to install, and then when lease is up, same amount to uninstall, and that is just simply overkill for me, thats why I'm debating about even getting a DP.

I've got JB3 Stage 1 at the moment, but I am looking into JB4 Stage 2 just don't want to drop the $150 for it you know :-/ being a cheap bastard I know, but sh!t times are rough! I'd get one for 90-100 but 150, cant swing that right now

As for the Meth, which kit would you recommend?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #7
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by elitefusion View Post
Thank you very much for your help

I was looking into AR DP or Berk DP, but DPs are so expensive lol I'm on a budget, I look at it as my one month car payment you know

So, Screw the intake and save the money for something else, got it! lol

Well InterCooler is pushing it for me, since my 335xi is a lease dont want to go all out. The only thing is that if I do get the DP its gonna cost about 250-300 to install, and then when lease is up, same amount to uninstall, and that is just simply overkill for me, thats why I'm debating about even getting a DP.

I've got JB3 Stage 1 at the moment, but I am looking into JB4 Stage 2 just don't want to drop the $150 for it you know :-/ being a cheap bastard I know, but sh!t times are rough! I'd get one for 90-100 but 150, cant swing that right now

As for the Meth, which kit would you recommend?
Not sure if it fits the 335iX but it should. The Burger Tuning quick meth kit, it mounts up in the front right of the engine where there is space and you connect everything to the charge pipe and JB4 and it does all the work. You would need a charge pipe to go with Meth tho to have a hole for the meth bung.

As for the DP you can always throw in a clause saying someone has to take it off your car when you sell it or something along those lines. I am sure someone will bite for the right price and you are in New York and not in the middle of no where.

Also for the JB4 you won't find anyone selling the used portion of it that is needed to upgrade cause once you upgrade it then it becomes the JB4 and they would have to sell the whole thing for like 400$.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 06:01 PM   #8
hiter202
Captain
United_States
Rep

Gotcha, thanks a lot for the help

Any recommendations for a Chargepipe, I guess instead of the intake, ill be buying a ChargePipe.

Can you please link me to the meth kit for the N55.

So JB4 - 150
AR/BERK DP - 600
Meth Kit - ?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 06:08 PM   #9
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
I think the only charge pipe option we have atm is the ER one. Not sure though. If you want more horsepower help / info go to Terry's(Burger Tuning)'s forum. It is called n54tech just google that and go to forced induction. Alot of good materials there. Also Harold @ HP Autowerks should carry everything you need and he has exceptional customer service / support.

I think the meth kit is 500 + 200 for chargepipe. Something along those lines.
Appreciate 0