BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #1
andrewjbrady
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

fix for water in boot soaking pdc unit electrical gremlins

If it rains, if your car starts having elctrical problems, look for water ingres in the boot where the pdc control unit is under rhs trim in well. Once you get the trim up, in the well, the unit can be unplugged. Happened to me today and workaround by technician was to remove it. car booked in for proper investigation on Tue next week. This is rhd uk car.

Andy
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #2
GAZ 345
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 1M

i've heard of this happening to two other cars now ,one car got the wiring loom in boot changed,can you take pics where the problem is & post them up
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
GAZ 345
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep

checked inside my boot today,no water in mine but i reckon the water would have to come in the ventilation flap for those modules to get wet,there is a rubber flap that cover the ventilation grill,i had this problem with a ford the rubber flap blows up when car is moving if its raining the spray then gets in through grill,those modules sit right under the grill,i have taped up my grills up at bottom as a prevention,better to be safe than sorry,what did the garage find with your car did they find the cause of the problem
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #4
ajshanny
First Lieutenant
Rep

Does anyone have a photo of the flap? Where is it located?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 09:02 AM   #5
GAZ 345
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep

the flap is behind the boot wheel well covers,remove boot floor cover,pull out 3 black push in clips on the side covers, unbolt the tie strap near back seat,remove rear light cover,pull green fuel flap cord to the side,pull out the side cover where it goes into plastic cover at rear of car then lift side cover up slightly to clear chassis leg,this will give you enough room to see if you any water in there

Appreciate 0