BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-17-2012, 11:31 PM   #111
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbeast View Post
Those fuckers wish they could have rolled as deep as us on the 1M's... I bet there all drooling over all our 1M's and can't buy one even if they could afford one. This is what I think about haters
VW guys is just jealous because they can't afford the 1M.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 11:38 PM   #112
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Haters.... I wasted a good amount of time there, not going back
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 11:43 PM   #113
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
Haters.... I wasted a good amount of time there, not going back
Waste of internet space.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 11:47 PM   #114
nebby
SoCal 1M
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M Audi A8L

The Car Lounge (TCL) isn't just VW peeps... and look guys, it's the internet... take it for all its good and its bad. At the end of the day, if that's how they want to run C&C, it's fine, it's "their" event. I just assume that some of the more vocal people are "in" with the organizers. No big deal... I see their point as well. No reason to start an internet war.

We had fun, it was a good weekend. Let's leave it at that and focus on our next meet at a different location.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 12:02 AM   #115
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebby View Post
The Car Lounge (TCL) isn't just VW peeps... and look guys, it's the internet... take it for all its good and its bad. At the end of the day, if that's how they want to run C&C, it's fine, it's "their" event. I just assume that some of the more vocal people are "in" with the organizers. No big deal... I see their point as well. No reason to start an internet war.

We had fun, it was a good weekend. Let's leave it at that and focus on our next meet at a different location.
Agreed..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 12:03 AM   #116
Papethova
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebby View Post

I see their point as well and have no issue with it.. its their attitude and failure to try to understand anyone else's view thats frustrating.

Ive attended that event when it was Crystal Cove and we rolled up in a group often (12-15 years ago) and never had an issue.

Has their event changed? Maybe, but how should we know if they dont announce it. I pulled in, the lady pointed which way I should turn, I followed her instructions/directions and parked. Should I be blasted for it? The organizer gave me the directions. Had she said Im sorry but we dont have room for 2 dozen of your cars, I would have turned my car around. I have parked in the spectator lot more times than in the show lot when attending the event.

My first post there wasnt inflammatory they just wanted to dog pile and make it an issue because I wasnt one of them. Tough guys, behind keyboards in a group... let them approach me next time my BMW is at C&C
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 12:55 AM   #117
AbuArije5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Non

It's seems like Volkswagen owners are as just as bad as BMW owners I notice. Just an observation. Doesn't matter bunch of cry baby's they should have said something to the owners of the 1ms instead of writing pages on that vw forums. Still a good beat
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 12:56 AM   #118
AbuArije5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Non

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbuArije5
It's seems like Volkswagen owners are as just as bad as BMW owners I notice. Just an observation. Doesn't matter bunch of cry baby's they should have said something to the owners of the 1ms instead of writing pages on that vw forums. Still a good beat
****meet****
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 12:59 AM   #119
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Quote:
I see their point as well and have no issue with it.. its their attitude and failure to try to understand anyone else's view thats frustrating.

Ive attended that event when it was Crystal Cove and we rolled up in a group often (12-15 years ago) and never had an issue.

Has their event changed? Maybe, but how should we know if they dont announce it. I pulled in, the lady pointed which way I should turn, I followed her instructions/directions and parked. Should I be blasted for it? The organizer gave me the directions. Had she said Im sorry but we dont have room for 2 dozen of your cars, I would have turned my car around. I have parked in the spectator lot more times than in the show lot when attending the event.

My first post there wasnt inflammatory they just wanted to dog pile and make it an issue because I wasnt one of them. Tough guys, behind keyboards in a group... let them approach me next time my BMW is at C&C
had no idea you were in there dog fighting with those asswipes, you shoulda told us and we woulda joined in. after reading the thread though, its not worth going back in and wasting our time on that vw forum.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 10:50 AM   #120
Papethova
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
had no idea you were in there dog fighting with those asswipes, you shoulda told us and we woulda joined in. after reading the thread though, its not worth going back in and wasting our time on that vw forum.

Honestly I wasnt looking for a my guys vs your guys thing. Besides, you know me, I can hold my own
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #121
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

I have to admit that reading some of their posts made me laugh...the low mentality from which they stemmed was rather obvious.

C&C is rather common in about every city, and I've never heard of anyone complaining regarding space, or contacting anyone ahead of time to attend a public/commercial parking lot. What a bunch of non-sense. The C&C where I live is entirely different - their mentality? The more the merrier!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #122
MB38
[insert witty title here]
Rep
Drives: '97 Supra TT, '11 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
VW guys is just jealous because they can't afford the 1M.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbeast View Post
Those fuckers wish they could have rolled as deep as us on the 1M's... I bet there all drooling over all our 1M's and can't buy one even if they could afford one. This is what I think about haters
Come on, guys... don't make it about that. Making statements like that is what gives BMW owners a bad name.

By showing up with so many cars unannounced we've offended some of their sentiments. Admittedly I didn't know that C&C hadn't been warned about so many of us showing up [it used to be written in their rules online... but I can't find the site to reference for this post]. Additionally, by showing up at 7:00 we were showing up late by exhibitor standards. We were very lucky to get as many spaces in the lot as we did... particularly considering about 15 of those spaces were right next to each other.

I was towards the back of the line so I don't know what transpired at the entrance, but it feels like it all worked out by the time we were parked.

It was a fantastic meet but we could've done better with the C&C crowd. Either way we had a great time and all got to see plenty of amazing cars. I'd be much happier to just thank them for the meet and buy a few cups of coffee... it's a whole lot better than painting ourselves as the ass-hats who took over C&C and offended the locals.

TL;DR - Bro? Bro. Bro... bro. Bro? BRO.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #123
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB38 View Post
Come on, guys... don't make it about that. Making statements like that is what gives BMW owners a bad name.

By showing up with so many cars unannounced we've offended some of their sentiments. Admittedly I didn't know that C&C hadn't been warned about so many of us showing up [it used to be written in their rules online... but I can't find the site to reference for this post]. Additionally, by showing up at 7:00 we were showing up late by exhibitor standards. We were very lucky to get as many spaces in the lot as we did... particularly considering about 15 of those spaces were right next to each other.

I was towards the back of the line so I don't know what transpired at the entrance, but it feels like it all worked out by the time we were parked.

It was a fantastic meet but we could've done better with the C&C crowd. Either way we had a great time and all got to see plenty of amazing cars. I'd be much happier to just thank them for the meet and buy a few cups of coffee... it's a whole lot better than painting ourselves as the ass-hats who took over C&C and offended the locals.

TL;DR - Bro? Bro. Bro... bro. Bro? BRO.
i normally would want to go to war on something like this but i think MB38 is right; its just too bad they started a nasty thread and didnt have the balls to come up to us during the meet to say anything.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #124
jnm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: fast, but could be faster

guys, let the haters hate and don't bother waisting time arguing with them. Getting all those 1Ms in one place was very cool, the pictures with all of them lined up are just great, and I'm sure people on the street seeing a parade of 20 1Ms driving by will remember that. Who cares about a few idiots whining about an 'invasion' of 'stock cars' in 'only 3 colors' on a forum...
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #125
ethanh8791
Supreme Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: crazy

Garage List
2007 VW GTI  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Sorry I swear I didn't bring this up to get people all salty but it didn't appear to have been discussed HERE so just thought I would make everyone aware. And by making everyone aware simply to educate, not with the expectation or intent for people to go over to that forum and reply (I know no one has done that).

I've been a member there for a while but have grown somewhat tired of it...simply because it's such a huge forum.....so many people.....thus so much hate and making broad generalizations about groups/car owners.

As I said it sounded like problems on both sides but it would probably go a long way to apologize directly to this Linda person.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #126
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

People are entitled to their opinion, no amount of arguing will make much difference but create further animosity and hostility, simply a waste of time. This thread is going downhill fast if we focus on what other people hate about 1M than a celebration of owning one. Trust me those smart ones over there are already here to learn about 1Ms and what it can do.

People who don't want to be educated won't be interested to learn. Who are we to force educate them. Sounds like bunch of missionary going to 3rd world countries and think they are doing good by forcing others to learn.

I do agree that the 1M coordinator should have contacted them about joining C&C in advance. But seems like it was a great event, and everyone is happy at the end, just something to think about next time.

Last edited by Robert; 01-18-2012 at 07:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #127
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Fuk 'em! Haters gonna hate!

Lets get this thread back on topic! We had 20 of the 740 U.S. 1M's together in one place. Quite a site to see and happy I could be a part of it!

Looking forward to the next time we can get 20 or more 1M's together. I know I can get at least one more from SD to join us next time!

GTS
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 10:59 PM   #128
Drace1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW 1M

It was good times... Look forward to our next meeting, just not the waking up at 5am part lol
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 12:49 AM   #129
Takumi587
///M3 Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05' M3 and 21' Tesla Model 3

Garage List
Great looking cars and awesome drivers. Wish I could have been there in person.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 01:41 AM   #130
AW 1M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

I went over and read that thread and can say it is 99% fiction. I was the lead car. When I drove up they pointed me to the side lot. I asked once if we could get in to the main lot. The head guy told me it was full. That was it. He came over later to see if we had room for all the cars. He was apologetic and said he wished he had known so he could have saved space for us. There was no negativity and only positive feelings. He commented that it was an unusually busy day. He never commented about making a reservation or giving him a warning.

I would NOT give the comments over there any credibility at all. They are totally opposite of the hospitality I experienced in my interaction with the people directing the cars.

I also don't think 20 cars is a huge number for them. In the past I have seen them reserve a whole row (40-50 cars?) for a club.

Next time I would recommend we get there early, like 6AM and head to a back row. I wouldn't let those haters stop us from meeting there again if we choose.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 11:39 AM   #131
Papethova
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW 1M View Post
I went over and read that thread and can say it is 99% fiction. I was the lead car. When I drove up they pointed me to the side lot. I asked once if we could get in to the main lot. The head guy told me it was full. That was it. He came over later to see if we had room for all the cars. He was apologetic and said he wished he had known so he could have saved space for us. There was no negativity and only positive feelings. He commented that it was an unusually busy day. He never commented about making a reservation or giving him a warning.

I would NOT give the comments over there any credibility at all. They are totally opposite of the hospitality I experienced in my interaction with the people directing the cars.

I also don't think 20 cars is a huge number for them. In the past I have seen them reserve a whole row (40-50 cars?) for a club.

Next time I would recommend we get there early, like 6AM and head to a back row. I wouldn't let those haters stop us from meeting there again if we choose.
Didnt know who was first.... but knowing it was you I now know the accusations are fictitious.

My interaction with the ladies directing traffic at the gate was also pleasant as was my interactions with anyone there not from our group.

Anyways we are looking at Supercar Sunday sometime late next month. Nebby knows the organizer and he is going to talk with him and then we can start an official thread.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #132
nebby
SoCal 1M
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M Audi A8L

Quote:
Anyways we are looking at Supercar Sunday sometime late next month. Nebby knows the organizer and he is going to talk with him and then we can start an official thread.
Yup, we will be greeted with open arms and reserved spaces...

Tentative thinking... and I know it's far for those not in LA (sorry but hope we can make it work)

Sunday morning meet-up at SuperCar Sunday (101 Freeway near Encino) Feb 26th is a special BMW day.
Drive through the canyons over to Malibu/PCH for lunch
Group photo somewhere around beautiful Pepperdine University

Last edited by nebby; 01-19-2012 at 12:27 PM..
Appreciate 0