BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
nnguyen04
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Headlight condensation.. :(- MomentumBMW screwed me over!!

So one of my headlights have horrible condensation..and warranty expires in 200miles.. Any tips to push them to replace both if i can instead of reseal? I'm not accepting that this is Normal..

Update -

so momentum BMW southwest refuse to fix my leak headlight because i bought it pre-owned from them (even though under factory warranty) therefore "as-is", even though the broken headlight was not discussed when i bought it and i even return 1-2 days after to tell them about it - they said it wont leak "promise". 2 days ago it leaked, bought it back to them, and they're giving me a bunch of bs (saying my lower suspension broke it even though it was already broken when i bought it) After talking to a manager, he said he would go half on it (which is 650 parts/labor) I still refuse, because they told me everything is going to be fine and it was not. They still have my car to check rattling issue, i already filed a complaint to BMWUSA - BMWUSA gave me the general manager name and ask me to call him tomorrow to see if the issue can be resolved. If issue is not resolved, I'm planning to file a BBB and JD Power & Associate complaint against them .. Are there any other way that i can get my way? I just want my headlight replace, because it would cost 2700 to replace them if it breaks and I owned the car for less than a month.

there's the story.

I only have 120 miles left on my warranty. closest bmw dealership is at least 40 miles.

Last edited by nnguyen04; 05-15-2012 at 11:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #2
theinfamousdrew
I'm The Captain Now
Rep
Drives: X5M/X7

Garage List
There is a TSB out there about it.
They will prob replace the one in question.

Turn on. Tune in. Drop out.
IG: @InfamousCarGuy

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
nnguyen04
First Lieutenant
Rep

wow just got a call from bmw dealership.. they said clips were broken below my headlight assembly .. my lower suspension on springs was the cause of it. talk about some bs! i just bought this car from them 1 month ago.. i install spring 2 days ago.

i complained about this.. when i first bought the car.. and they salesman guarantee me that it would not leak.

What are my options guys?! 2700 bucks to replace...
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2012, 10:42 PM   #4
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Whatever you do take the covers off and aim a fan at them to get them to dry as soon as possible. If you do they'll live, if not they may go out.

If it was me, I'd try the dealership again. If they won't swap them then just buy the hooks or whatever is needed and fix it yourself. If they still work, in the end, it's not a big deal.

(I may do things differently than anyone else. Sorry if your'e looking for another angle to take w/ the dealership, personally I avoid them as much as possible for absolutely anything I can do myself. I don't have a bad dealership it's just how I am.)
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2012, 10:49 PM   #5
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnguyen04 View Post
wow just got a call from bmw dealership.. they said clips were broken below my headlight assembly .. my lower suspension on springs was the cause of it. talk about some bs! i just bought this car from them 1 month ago.. i install spring 2 days ago.

i complained about this.. when i first bought the car.. and they salesman guarantee me that it would not leak.

What are my options guys?! 2700 bucks to replace...
Let me get this straight... SPRINGS caused your headlight clips to break? That is utter and complete bullshit. Tell them that you're familiar with the Magnusson Moss act, which states that if you're denied warranty coverage, then it is the dealerships responsibility to prove that any modifications you made to the car DIRECTLY caused the failure which you are being denied warranty for. Say you're experienced with cars and you know they're lying to you because this simply does not happen. You might gain some ground if they're assuming you're not familiar with the car, thinking they can weasel their way into some money. Also, I would go to a different dealership and see if they'd help more. Some dealerships are more friendly than others. Some just absolutely suck.

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2012, 10:50 PM   #6
nnguyen04
First Lieutenant
Rep

so momentum BMW southwest refuse to fix my leak headlight because i bought it pre-owned from them (even though under factory warranty) therefore "as-is", even though the broken headlight was not discussed when i bought it and i even return 1-2 days after to tell them about it - they said it wont leak "promise". 2 days ago it leaked, bought it back to them, and they're giving me a bunch of bs (saying my lower suspension broke it even though it was already broken when i bought it) After talking to a manager, he said he would go half on it (which is 650 parts/labor) I still refuse, because they told me everything is going to be fine and it was not. They still have my car to check rattling issue, i already filed a complaint to BMWUSA - BMWUSA gave me the general manager name and ask me to call him tomorrow to see if the issue can be resolved. If issue is not resolved, I'm planning to file a BBB and JD Power & Associate complaint against them .. Are there any other way that i can get my way? I just want my headlight replace, because it would cost 2700 to replace them if it breaks and I owned the car for less than a month.

there's the story.

I only have 120 miles left on my warranty. closest bmw dealership is at least 40 miles.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #7
sistom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 135i M-Sport Coupé

Garage List
Read what happens when you get condensation in the headlight: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=668194
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 09:52 PM   #8
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnguyen04 View Post
and i even return 1-2 days after to tell them about it - they said it wont leak "promise".
Was this documented that you went back right after the purchase to ask about this? If so that changes everything.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 12:28 AM   #9
nnguyen04
First Lieutenant
Rep

well i came back to get a piece that had to be order, while i was there i mention about the headlight, my salesman took my car to the tech area to get examine - came told me headlight was not going to leak. Not sure if that was documented, but he did took my car to get back to see.
Appreciate 0