BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-21-2009, 03:45 PM   #45
silv135vert
Rep
Drives: 135 Titanium Silver Vert

My Thoughs on Comfort Access, Premium Sound, Active Steering

Comfort Access - I didn't get to pick my packages as the car was ordered by the dealer, however, I am pleasantly surprised with CA. It is true to open and close the top you have to be close to the car, but it is still nice to have the option. I always didn't realize how much I would enjoy not have to take the keys out of my pocket when getting in and out of the car and turning it on and off. It is not a huge deal (and maybe not something I would have chosen had I custom ordered the car) but since it is there, I do enjoy using it.

Active Steering - I have active steering and I absolutely love it. I know a lot of people hate it, but I think the drive is awesome. I never wanted AS until I test drove a car that had it.

Premium Sound - I am not impressed with the premium sound. I think it is ridiculous that Japanese cars that cost half the price have better sound. There is no reason for BMW to not be able to beef it up a little. As far as comparing it to the normal system, I can't say if it is any better b/c I haven't heard the standard package.

Sports Package - the paddle shifter are not that great but I do like the sports wheel and seats. The seats are so much better than my old car and the lumbar support is great.

iDrive - I have been a big critic of iDrive as I have hated using it in my friends cars. However, after owning a BMW, it has grown on me a little. It could definitely be improved. I was also not happy to find out that the 2009 model was changed . That really pissed me off! I am a big technology person and I understand that iDrive + GSP is a big rip off, however, I still wanted it because it is convenient to have it built in. I do use the bluetooth and gps frequently.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2009, 04:00 PM   #46
gtaday51
gone but not forgotten
United_States
Rep
Drives: gone 135 - Hello 1M!

I didn't get to choose my options. When I bought my 1er it was one of the last 2008s brought in. I wanted SGM. But I will say that HD radio was a waste...It only makes a difference with AM radio and I never use that. And I do not understand the hate for the paddles. I find them easier to use than the ones on the Audi A3 S-Tronic I tested and I use them all the time. And I thought that I would not like the Moonlight black top. But with SGM it just looks fantastic.
      05-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #47
dorkdog
Big Mouth No Filter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Montego Blue 6MT Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by InlineSix View Post
Bad decision on my part and very expensive to fix :-o
I feel the same way about xenons and the adaptive headlights - I thought I didn't need them till I tried them; now I wish I had them. I bet it's way more expensive to get them installed now, after the fact, than it would have been to order them...darnit!

I can do without the AEs and all that Xenon stuff, but to have the steering headlights - well, there's always next time...
      05-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #48
Hondamxracer51
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i dct zmp

Garage List
2012 135i  [0.00]
Comfort access and pdc. I think those are the only 2 options I don't have.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 07:07 AM   #49
jmc777
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i

Not this time since I ordered from the factory. I bought my previous BMW (E90) off the lot and it didn't have xenons. Big mistake.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 07:22 AM   #50
tccox
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Msport

Garage List
Well, walked in my dealers showroom last January an lo and behold, a new crimson red 128 , sport package, comfort access, HK sound, xenon,,,,, basically a car equipped exactly like I wanted except steptronic not manual. So that was my regret not getting manual. Until I blew my left knee out. I would not be able to drive if I'd gotten the manual. So no regrets at all.
      05-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #51
wibbit
Private
Rep
Drives: 228i

No regrets here - a lot of things are standard in the Australian spec 135i. We can always spec it in our next car anyways

Z4!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #52
John_01
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

I got brushed aluminum interior trim - it sucks because of the strong sun reflection.
I decided to fix it by changing some of the pieces for grey poplar. So much better now.
Appreciate 0