BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-25-2010, 07:22 PM   #45
TBestW
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
Also, don't compare the 125i auto with the 135 as it i nowhere near as good. Tip might also be to test drive the 125 first, 135 second. Because if the other way around, the 125 will seem slower than it really is.
Good tip, test driving in such an order gives the 125 a fairer go. Maybe you should get the 125 first and then upgrade to the M1 when it finally hits our shores

Personally I don't think the whole "daddy's car" mentality applies with cars in the range of a 1 series, even if it is a BMW. I definitely don't jump to that conclusion when I see young drivers driving $100k cars, there are plenty of financially-successful 20-somethings roaming the streets these days. If you were driving a Maserati/Ferrari/etc then I might be a little suspicious

All the best with your job and your car!
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 08:13 PM   #46
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBestW View Post

Personally I don't think the whole "daddy's car" mentality applies with cars in the range of a 1 series, even if it is a BMW. I definitely don't jump to that conclusion when I see young drivers driving $100k cars, there are plenty of financially-successful 20-somethings roaming the streets these days. If you were driving a Maserati/Ferrari/etc then I might be a little suspicious
Very true, however I have received it a couple of times, even been told "Driving daddy's car?" by some wanker in (you guess it) a Holden SS Ute with Chevrolet badges. I just smiled and shook my head, had a bit of a laugh, then smoked him on a few corners.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #47
brisbaneroller
Rep
Drives: TBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBestW View Post
Good tip, test driving in such an order gives the 125 a fairer go. Maybe you should get the 125 first and then upgrade to the M1 when it finally hits our shores

All the best with your job and your car!

Haha thanks mate, good advice as always on these forums. I did look at getting the aston martin, but even with all of my salary i think i need to pay an additional 3k a week. So it wasn't really an option

Pretty excited for when i get to test drive both machines and looking forward to what prices do in the new year!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2010, 03:08 AM   #48
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisbaneroller View Post
Haha thanks mate, good advice as always on these forums. I did look at getting the aston martin, but even with all of my salary i think i need to pay an additional 3k a week. So it wasn't really an option

Pretty excited for when i get to test drive both machines and looking forward to what prices do in the new year!
1er M won't be far away if you are looking into getting it in the new year too.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2010, 08:24 AM   #49
TBestW
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taymaishu View Post
Very true, however I have received it a couple of times, even been told "Driving daddy's car?" by some wanker in (you guess it) a Holden SS Ute with Chevrolet badges. I just smiled and shook my head, had a bit of a laugh, then smoked him on a few corners.
Well of course, I meant the mentality is not as widespread as it used to be... not that it's obsolete - as exemplified by your fine wanker buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisbaneroller View Post

Look forward to hearing what you decide to get in the end. Just remember - you can always upgrade later down the track
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 06:49 AM   #50
brisbaneroller
Rep
Drives: TBC

Hi Gents, Have been doing my research, and thought i was getting somewhere, until i came up against the Subaru Liberty Sti, closer in pricing, but what about performance/day to day drivability and functions!?

I'm looking at the 08 model, because the 09 models have a... unique styling.

The liberty might be more reliable when your 2+ hours from a decent mechanic/dealership?
Appreciate 0