BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-18-2011, 09:25 AM   #1
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Farewell to my 1er

My lease has ended so I dropped my 1er off at Tulley yesterday. Overall, it was a fun (and quick!) 2 years with the car that I enjoyed.
As has been documented on here, I had a few problems and never was happy with the soft Jet Black paint.
I also never fell in love with the "different" styling of the car.....hopefully the facelift will do wonders here.
But I did love the power and handling, the great sound system and nice updated iDrive.

I will still be hanging out here and lurking cause this is a great forum!

Thanks for all the advice over the past couple of years-

Mike
Attached Images

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 06:23 PM   #2
Rachel
Dangerous Curves
United_States
Rep
Drives: better than the boys ;)

Garage List
2011 Ducati 848EVO  [0.00]
2008 135i  [0.00]
Hope to see you around!!
      02-21-2011, 10:05 AM   #3
slowrider
Rep
Drives: 2009 135ic

Wow, I think this is the car I just picked up.
You took great care of it.
      02-22-2011, 08:34 AM   #4
Artmasterx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Garage List
2006 Volvo V70R  [10.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowrider View Post
I am sure he will attest to that if you did get his car... I can too as I have seen his (rather large and full) detailing cabinet.

FORMERLY: 128i coupe
Alpine White | Sports Package | Black Leather
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 09:25 AM   #5
and 1
winter mode
Italy
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 88 M3

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 135i  [7.50]
hahaha wouldn't that be awesome...like sloppy seconds but in the best way possible

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 02:16 PM   #6
BlackjackMulligan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Cool, did you get it from Tulley? You'll know it's mine if you look at the right rear wheel and see slight curb rash that I repaired...you'll have to look hard to see it. My wife was close to tears after that incident but I was nice about it

You have bought a pristine, carefully maintained and regularly detailed example- congratulations! It was never abused, really barely broken in if I'm honest. I took out the smarTTop to sell it but that would be the first thing I'd recommend you buy- it's a great additon. I'm happy to provide support if you need any assistance installing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmasterx View Post
I am sure he will attest to that if you did get his car... I can too as I have seen his (rather large and full) detailing cabinet.
Haha, yeah I am slightly fanatical about my cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by and 1 View Post
hahaha wouldn't that be awesome...like sloppy seconds but in the best way possible
lol I never thought about it that way but I guess it's true!

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 06:27 PM   #7
Rachel
Dangerous Curves
United_States
Rep
Drives: better than the boys ;)

Garage List
2011 Ducati 848EVO  [0.00]
2008 135i  [0.00]
That's so fabulous that the 1 stayed in the Addicts community!
      02-22-2011, 09:31 PM   #8
slowrider
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackjackMulligan View Post
Cool, did you get it from Tulley? You'll know it's mine if you look at the right rear wheel and see slight curb rash that I repaired...you'll have to look hard to see it. My wife was close to tears after that incident but I was nice about it
Yes, I did. I picked it up on the 14th and I guess it had just recently been turned in. I really had no intention of buying a CPO, but this one caught my eye (condition and option list were nearly perfect). They did mention that the rear rim was slightly rashed and they tried to repair it as well, but damaged the rim further. They ended up getting me a new rim (which my wife then rashed two days later 3 minutes into her first drive). Sorry....

Quote:
You have bought a pristine, carefully maintained and regularly detailed example- congratulations! It was never abused, really barely broken in if I'm honest. I took out the smarTTop to sell it but that would be the first thing I'd recommend you buy- it's a great additon. I'm happy to provide support if you need any assistance installing it.
I'll consider it...thanks.

I had a 2000 328i w/M Sport Package that I loved. In 2004, I "upgraded" to an '04 330xi that didnt have the sport package. Getting this car was basically correcting that mistake.
      02-23-2011, 12:24 PM   #9
BlackjackMulligan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yes, I did. I picked it up on the 14th and I guess it had just recently been turned in. I really had no intention of buying a CPO, but this one caught my eye (condition and option list were nearly perfect). They did mention that the rear rim was slightly rashed and they tried to repair it as well, but damaged the rim further. They ended up getting me a new rim (which my wife then rashed two days later 3 minutes into her first drive). Sorry....

I had a 2000 328i w/M Sport Package that I loved. In 2004, I "upgraded" to an '04 330xi that didnt have the sport package. Getting this car was basically correcting that mistake.
hmm, interesting...they never mentioned the wheel to me at lease turn in. From my repair,
you almost had to get down to eye level to really notice it as it was only about 1-2 inches long,
basically a bump into the curb. I wonder how they could've made it "worse" when it's a simple fix
if you're willing to spray the whole wheel over (which I didn't do)

at any rate, if you have questions, let me know. I had the usual fuelpump failure at 1700 miles,
and was getting long cranks again toward the end of my lease. I'm sure they updated the software
which probably helped with that. Also, I had an annoying creak/rattle in the back that was fixed by
replacing the hinges on the tonneau cover (the labels are still on there). I wonder if they replaced the tires,
the rears had about 50% tread left.

Here's the replacement:
Attached Images

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 10:02 AM   #10
BlackjackMulligan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

BTW, if you're interested in the book and the sketch (anniversary gifts) shoot me a PM. I've had a couple of others asking about it but since it is specific to your car I figure you get first dibs

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 10:15 AM   #11
slowrider
Rep

I would be interested. I dont think I have PM power yet (lacking min # of posts) since I'm just a message board lurker at heart...

BTW - would you have ever driven the car on a day like today? Up in NH, its a frostheave/pothole/salt fest and every instinct tells me to take the daily driver, but I couldnt help myself.
      03-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #12
and 1
winter mode
Italy
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 88 M3

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 135i  [7.50]
drive it! i store mine for the winter but take it out about once a month. the crappy roads give you a reason/excuse to practice your slalom skills

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 12:42 PM   #13
BlackjackMulligan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I would be interested. I dont think I have PM power yet (lacking min # of posts) since I'm just a message board lurker at heart...

BTW - would you have ever driven the car on a day like today? Up in NH, its a frostheave/pothole/salt fest and every instinct tells me to take the daily driver, but I couldnt help myself.
When I first got it (and admittedly, when it still had novelty) I would drive it as long as it was dry out. Salty and sandy roads weren't that big a deal to me, and you're correct to watch the potholes. However, the days I took it out in those type conditions I could probably count on one hand.

After I had it for a while I'd pretty much just leave it in the garage during the cold weather. It never saw falling snow, with those summer tires I'd go nowhere if there was snow on the ground!

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0