BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-28-2015, 08:02 PM   #1
JD75
JDTuning
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xDrive,G80 M3 xDrive

A few bits and bobs at Advan performance

Hey guys,

here is a display of some gear I have ordered for a few different customers of late.

From left to right we are looking at:

- A Vargas (VTT) Single Barrel Shotgun HPFP upgrade kit. ($1,549 AUD)

- 7 litres of Liqui-Moly Leichtlauf High Tech 5w-40 (BMW Longlife-01 approved) engine oil. (to be confirmed)

- 6 x NGK N54/N55 Laser Iridium Premium single electrode gappable spark plugs. ($149 AUD)

- Vargas silicone formed N54 upgraded turbo inlet pipes. ($799 AUD)

Okay so the Vargas Single Barrel upgrade is a HPFP relocation and overdrive kit that sees the OEM HPFP fuel flow increased to a level that will support around 375rwkW on 100% E85 and much higher in conjunction with lower % Ethanol blends. As you can see the installation kit is quite thorough and the hardware itself is very well engineered with the use of billet stainless steel where possible and German made high speed ball bearings that are pre-assembled inside the HPFP drive housing.

The Liqui-Moly Leichtlauf High Tech 5w-40 is a top shelf German made engine oil most suitable for high horsepower applications, in particular where E85 is used that could otherwise severely dilute a non-E85/Methanol compatible oil, thereby reducing it's lubricating and heat transfer properties. This particular oil can be also be supplied in a 20 litre container for those guys that change their oil at 5,000km intervals, which is highly recommended under regular high load conditions and or with the use of E85/Methanol.

The NGK spark plugs are a gappable single electrode one step (aka heat range) colder plug, that have shown to reduce high horsepower related misfires that are prevalent on the OEM Bosch plugs, in particular when used in conjunction with Methanol injection. The plugs perform best under high boost conditions when gapped down to 0.56mm from their stock gap of 0.8mm

Lastly the Vargas silicone turbo inlet pipe kit is a direct replacement for the restrictive OEM "pancaked" pipes. They are made of 4-ply (5mm) wire reinforced 100% silicone and their improved flow characteristics have already shown to significantly increase horsepower on Stage 2 hybrid turbochargers such as those from Rob Beck. What will be most interesting is to evaluate the results of these upgraded inlet pipes on a maxed out stock turbo car running E85 and or Meth. Thankfully I might already have one taker...

Cheers,

JD.

P.S. Pricing and more pics to follow.
Attached Images

Last edited by JD75; 03-01-2015 at 08:26 AM.. Reason: Revision
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2015, 10:02 PM   #2
JD75
JDTuning
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xDrive,G80 M3 xDrive

A close up pic of the HPFP billet pulley from the Vargas SBS kit. Plus a few more pics showing the gear side of the billet housing and billet stainless steel drive shaft plus the billet stock location HPFP blanking plate.
Attached Images

Last edited by JD75; 03-01-2015 at 06:01 AM.. Reason: Revision
Appreciate 0