10-25-2011, 01:28 AM   #45
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin exige View Post
The supercharger spools the turbo at all RPMs it doesn't stop or go into bypass.
The supercharger alone boost output is detrmined by pulley size it doesn't go up or down with rpm, it works as a boost multiplier with the turbo...The larger turbo is also flowing air at every RPM it just doesn't flow enough CFM to create useable boost...Put them together and you get as much airflow as you can use when ever you want it at almost any RPM..
My turbo flows into the supercharger - chargecooler and then intake manifold...
Ronin, any chance that typing and English (both of ours) is getting in the way here? For one, I think you are assuming there is only one way to do both supercharging and turbo charging and come out with the "WRONG".

This has been done for close to 70 years. The Lockheed P-38 Lightning used SuperCharger and Turbo Charger, not sure this late at night but I believe B17 might have also.

I think you might have also meant something different with super charger spooling turbos. I have never heard of superchargers driving turbos, it has always been exhaust BUT my Dyno testing GTP days have long gone by and maybe there is a different way, I just never heard of it.

Anyway, I really am checking out. Here is a nice diagram.

Last edited by nachob; 10-25-2011 at 01:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 01:56 AM   #46
ronin exige
Rep
Drives: ronin exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
So now your're saying the supercharger spools the turbos? I thought it was the exhausts that spools the turbos....OK, my apologies last time I worked in Nissan's GTP Dyno testing turbo motors things were different. Turbos ran on exhaust.

Sorry, I'll humbly check out now.
Yeah there is only one way to do it right for power and efficiency. Your diagram show a poorly designed system that will create more heat and complexity...
The exhaust pressure the turbos work on in a compound setup is created by the supercharger boost... Think of it as the chicken and then the egg and then the chicken and so on... The reason large turbos spool so slow is because there is no heat energy and pressure to spool them at low RPM, now force feed them pressure from the supercharger and the exhaust heat created they spool...
You do know there is high pressure and heat in the exhaust when the exhaust valves open, right ?
And you do know when the intake charge is pressurized there is even greater pressure in the exhaust manifold, right ?

I guess you missed that while working on those Datsuns or were you tuning a GTP engine...
As most guys you got it wrong..
It's so simple.... Airfilter---Turbo---Throttle body---Supercharger----Chargecooler---Intake Manifold---Cylinder Head ---Exhaust Manifold----Turbo Turbine----Exhaust

Please feel free to correct me at any time..

Last edited by ronin exige; 10-25-2011 at 02:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 02:35 AM   #47
scaramanga
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Looking to buy a 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_vB View Post
Good taste. I went with Lamborghini Grigio Telesto for mine:

I highly approve of your car- any links to a build thread?
Any links to YOURS? Much respect - your car looks incredible.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 04:04 AM   #48
DooBs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe 697/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaramanga View Post
+100

Quote:
Everything about my car is on www.Lotussport.org the good the bad and the ugly... Fron melted pistons to blown gearboxes, I was gonna say tranys but I'm new here...

I followed the old Porsche satin rim look..
Who cares who's right and wrong. Perhaps there are more ways than one to complete this task, but I will take advice from the Ronin who actually completed this fantasy task haha. Congrats for getting it right... Any chance I could get a lift up Angeles? or Anywhere else I really don't mind haha
Wow. Both of your cars are such beauties.
Pete... That is quite a porsche. I love how clean yet purposeful it looks. I really can't get over it.
Cars and Coffee Irvine anyone? Pete I know its a drive for you but... it'll be worth it... for me haha
Congrats to the both of you. They are two true beauties
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 06:31 AM   #49
Pete_vB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '69 GT3, GT4, 1M, 912

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaramanga View Post
Thanks much Build thread, needs updating:
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...iew-slope.html
PDF: http://mightymotormedia.com/download...vo-porsche.pdf

That would be a bit far to go for coffee. If you could point me a 1M, AW or BSM, I'd swing by...
      10-25-2011, 09:20 AM   #50
ronin exige
Rep

Pete I just read your toy story... It's totaly cool, at first I thought it was one of those insanely over priced Singers... I like roll bar chassis stiffener setup.

I was at C&C in Irvine last Saturday and parked in the Ferrari section, they didn't like me very much..

If you are ever in the LA area let me know we can go for a little cruise through the twisties...Only one rule never cross the centerline..

DooBs if you see me crusin around let me know its you and I'll take ya for a little sprint.... You will have to be on the small to adverage size to fit in the carbon fiber passenger seel along with the reduced foot well space since that's where my alcohol tank is bolted down so it makes the pasenger side a little tight....

I forgot to mention I have a dual fuel injection setup that gives me octane on demand.. The 4 gasoline injectors take care of fueling up to 23 psi. [420whp] and then gasoline is pulled out and the alcohol injection fills the gap giving me a calculated octane rating of 108, this allows me to run full boost of 35 psi. giving me 680 whp. Now there is no need to search out stations that sell 100 octane and waste the good stuff at $9.50 a gal. while driving to the canyons on the HWY.

How many 680 whp cars do you know of that get 27 mph and give passengers this look when you finialy come to a stop..

Attached Images

Last edited by ronin exige; 10-25-2011 at 09:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 10:10 AM   #51
ronin exige
Rep

This is an early video that gives a little idea of the responce the compound setup can give.... 1mph-125mph when you see the headlights, this is up hill with only 525whp at the time..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rk3HsnmONEM

Here you can see the throttle responce, there is no need to rev it up and dump the clutch...

Last edited by ronin exige; 04-20-2012 at 09:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 01:04 PM   #52
ronin exige
Rep

Hey guys I'm gald you like my little project but to be totaly honest enjoy your 1M exactly the way you bought it... Don't piss away money to make it faster, that will only start an avalanche of spending and shit breaking along with the down time of not driving the hot little sucker....

There are very few cars I've seen that can be pushed that far in the real world and make me go up to the driver to say nice job and what the hell does it have in it....

Enjoy the 1M it's one hell of a nice ride as is....
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 01:09 PM   #53
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Hey guys I'm gald you like my little project but to be totaly honest enjoy your 1M exactly the way you bought it... Don't piss away money to make it faster, that will only start an avalanche of spending and shit breaking along with the down time of not driving the hot little sucker....

There are very few cars I've seen that can be pushed that far in the real world and make me go up to the driver to say nice job and what the hell does it have in it....

Enjoy the 1M it's one hell of a nice ride as is....
Excellent advice... and I plan on doing exactly that.... The 1M is seriously quick for a car bone stock... with camber plates, R tires, and track pads... I expect to have a lot of smiles for quite awhile.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 06:59 PM   #54
Pete_vB
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Pete I just read your toy story... It's totaly cool, at first I thought it was one of those insanely over priced Singers... I like roll bar chassis stiffener setup.

If you are ever in the LA area let me know we can go for a little cruise through the twisties...Only one rule never cross the centerline..
Thanks Frank. If I ever make it to LA I'd love to check out your car. Looks like very nice work. I'd love to see how progressive the throttle is, on/ off/ on, etc. I like the n.a. motors, and I've been thinking about a shoehorning one of these into my next project: http://www.h1v8.com/page/page/1562069.htm. But a well boosted 1.8 sounds like an interesting alternative.
      10-25-2011, 07:49 PM   #55
Rekraps
USMA 81
United_States
Rep
Drives: Own two 1M's, VO total OEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundahl View Post
Lol

I never said it would be practical or worthwile in my opinion, just letting it be known it can be done and has benefits.

If you have to ask you are probably better off paying someone else to design your twin-charged N54.
I would suggest a JATO engine, possibly off a mothballed B-52 or C-130. Rather large for the car, but with a bit of welding and stout framing, I can absolutely guarantee your car will FLY! Refueling can be a problem however... possibly check with Captain Kirk on this point.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 07:53 PM   #56
ronin exige
Rep

That is a little pricey sucker and it is lacking torque but if your project is light enough it will buzz right along... If you need a shoehorn for that little buzzbomb it has to be a skateboard.... and so what is it Pete ?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 11:02 PM   #57
Pete_vB
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That is a little pricey sucker and it is lacking torque but if your project is light enough it will buzz right along... If you need a shoehorn for that little buzzbomb it has to be a skateboard.... and so what is it Pete ?
Early stages so far, for a friend of mine. Thinking along 550 Spyder lines- 1300 lbs.
      10-26-2011, 12:43 AM   #58
ronin exige
Rep

Funny you mentioned that, I had one back in the old days...

Just got too pricey for my blood to go trashin through the twisties. That's the problem with the collectable stuff..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 01:51 PM   #59
ronin exige
Rep

After reading a bit more http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204091 all I can say is leave well enough alone... If you want stupid power buy a stupid car and do stupid things to it until your brain eats itself...

The 1M is such a better car than the Lotus for the money, you have fit and finish that makes the Lotus look like a cheap used kit car and I know because my wife has a 535i.
You guys have a bitchin car and I doubt you will ever be able to make it any better in the real world...
Don't waste your money, no one wants a modified used and abused car when you deside one day to trade up.

Don't let this happen to you..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #60
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

I don't know how I missed this thread. I did enjoy reading it!

Ronin, you have my respect sir. PS: I loved your movie.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 09:10 PM   #61
ronin exige
Rep

Why thanks, maybe you'll like this..

Watch to the end...

and check this out for fun..and the throttle did not stick..

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 10:53 PM   #62
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

FMIC and tune.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 09:59 PM   #63
Sy546
Captain
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E46 M3, E92 M3

http://jalopnik.com/5902400/how-did-...a-freeway-wall

This guy is a tool. He's banned on tons of forums. He's made tons of unsubstantiated claims before as well. Trust me google "ronin exige" you'll find tons of threads on lambo forums; etc.

Last edited by Sy546; 04-19-2012 at 07:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 12:12 AM   #64
ronin exige
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.hasan546 View Post
http://jalopnik.com/5902400/how-did-...a-freeway-wall

This guy is a tool. He's banned on tons of forums. He's made tons of unsubstantiated claims before as well. Trust me google "ronin exige" you'll find tons of threads on lamb forums; etc.
Yeah tons of threads by chumps that do nothing but put people like you down unless you kiss their ass..
680 whp and you've done what piss your pants tryin to find your tool ?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 07:45 AM   #65
Sy546
Captain
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E46 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Yeah tons of threads by chumps that do nothing but put people like you down unless you kiss their ass..
680 whp means nothing when your a idiot racing around on the streets and then crash your car
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 08:21 AM   #66
RoninWheels
Mr. Brand Loyalist
Rep
Drives: 1M,M2cs

Quote:

please remove the "ronin" from your name.... thanks.
Appreciate 0